Jessica Jones Rachael Taylor is Patsy "Trish" Walker/ (Hellcat?)

G'day,

If they decide to make her into Hellcat (which I doubt) the costume could include a red wig. It would help the disguise.

ta

Ralph

Wish they kept her a redhead. Now she's just a revamped Millie the Model.

Patsy Walker has always been one of my favorites from the comic book. I was really hoping she'd show up in Agent Carter as some teenage kid or something. She has one of the best histories in the comic books.

They actually made a Hellcat figure for Marvel Legends, that's something I never thought of would see.

Loeb: When we first sat down to talk about who Jessica’s world was going to be populated with, Melissa talked about the kind of character that she wanted her to be friends with and that it was important that there was somebody in her life who made it all look easy but not necessarily felt that way. One of the things that we’ve talked about from the very beginning is that, as many people know, the show at one point was referred to as AKA Jessica Jones and we used to refer to the AKA of it. Every single person has an AKA in their life, which is this is the person they’re presented by and this is who they actually are. How true is that in life? Here we are, wonderful professionals who are talking elegantly all the time and you can imagine that’s how we are all the time. We never have a bad day and we never say anything wrong. That kind of looking at that situation. When we started talking about who in the Marvel universe fit that category, one of the things that we talked about was the character of Patsy Walker or as we refer to her as Trish. It was literally a five-minute conversation where we said we have this character and this is who she is and all of a sudden Melissa lit up and went “We can do that. That’ll work.”

What’s kind of lovely is if you go back and go all the way back to the 1950s, because that’s how long the character has been around, and you realize who Patsy Walker was and what it meant and how she then grew up and she went through the period of being a model and all that stuff, Melissa and the writers gave that history it’s own kind of unique spin. I think that when people see it, they’ll recognize that it very much not only works for today’s audience but in the same kind of way, gave Rachael Taylor a very real and grounded place. But what was most important was the relationship between her and Jessica and how these two women who in some ways are sisters, in terms of their friendship, could be that different and yet on the same token, believe in the same kinds of things and that question of what is it to be a hero and the responsibilities that you have when you have abilities is something that brings them together and also continually pushes them apart.

Looking at the quote, it seems very likely that she'll be taking the Carol Danvers role from the comics. And I don't think she's going to suit up; the approach seems to parallel Danver's superheroing with Walker's show business endeavors. Just like how it seemed Carol was handling her superheroing with relative ease compared to Jessica, the show will have it seem that Patsy having her life in order with relatively less stress than Jessica.

Looking at the quote, it seems very likely that she'll be taking the Carol Danvers role from the comics. And I don't think she's going to suit up; the approach seems to parallel Danver's superheroing with Walker's show business endeavors. Just like how it seemed Carol was handling her superheroing with relative ease compared to Jessica, the show will have it seem that Patsy having her life in order with relatively less stress than Jessica.

She'll definitely fill Carol's role. I didn't think she would suit up, but that last sentence makes me doubt that a little bit.

that question of what is it to be a hero and the responsibilities that you have when you have abilities is something that brings them together

Yeah I though that too. Maybe not a superhero with outfit and all, but maybe Trish does have some powers... Maybe something low key, like her being able to sense paranormal phenomena?

She was a surprisingly good character.
I love how they twisted her backstory as Patsy, in a child star, with abuse from her mother.
I also like the reason for her training, she was strong without being too strong since she start training not a long time ago.
It was well linked to the story of Jessica Jones.

Last edited:
Honestly watching Rachael she had more Carol Danvers than Trish" Walker. That being said she worked surprisingly well in her role ask going into season 2 I hope we see her transformation into Hellcat

At times I was like "Trish please stop helping, you are making things worse". But what I liked was it contrasted nicely with Black Widow, Hill, and all the other ladies we've met in the MCU.

She isn't a professional. She's out of her element and she is just unable to gauge the situation. We've been introduced to women you could drop into a warzone and they'd be fine. Trish and Jessica are not those women right now.

Rachael Taylor would have been perfect as Carol.

I hope she suits up in Season 2. I like that character and feel she is wasted if she doesn’t.

I hope she suits up in Season 2. I like that character and feel she is wasted if she doesn’t.

I just hope that Krav maga training pays off and she doesn't always end up a damsel in distress like season 1 and Defenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"