Sequels Rachel McAdams for Mary Jane

spideyboy_1111 said:
the girl played a very convincing highschooler in mean girls

That's true! Even though she's 30, she can play younger characters, and make it believable.

McADAMS DAMMIT! :mad:

You had to pull out the "dammit !" and make me hate you didn't ya. Silliness on SHH is fine. But don't be one of the "____ dammit !" childish bastards.

Catman said:
rachel_mcadams1.jpg

How about McAdams for Spider-Man 4?
bad place YEAH MCADAMS FOR MJ!! Im sick of DUNST! looks nothing Like MJ!!!

XshakeitOff said:
bad place YEAH MCADAMS FOR MJ!! Im sick of DUNST! looks nothing Like MJ!!!

McAdams has a prettier face, but that's the only way in which she's "closer". But the age and everything from the face down is more distant from MJ.

If they recast they should do Peter and MJ at the same time and make up some of the lost time with the characters (by only having a film every 3 or so years) with somewhat younger actors.

Not older and shorter, even if they played a high schooler 3 years ago. The age is eventually going to catch up with her. In addition to her wanting to play parts her own age, which won't work if you want to go back and forth with a character that will probably, even for the next few movies, be in college or just out of college.

MJ is not even in college. Her acting career is at the rise. In Spider-Man 2 she was doing a play. I wouldn't be surprised if in Spider-Man 3 she's doing television or maybe a movie. And, I said it already, these characters are getting older in each film. In Spider-Man 3 don't be surprised to see Peter graduating from college.

Catman said:
MJ is not even in college. Her acting career is at the rise. In Spider-Man 2 she was doing a play. I wouldn't be surprised if in Spider-Man 3 she's doing television or maybe a movie. And, I said it already, these characters are getting older in each film. In Spider-Man 3 don't be surprised to see Peter graduating from college.

They're getting older because they have to due to the actors aging, not because it's helpful for a franchise adapting characters and 40 years of storylines which don't age much more than 10 years in that entire real world 40 year time span. And they've only scratched the surface of the Spidey mythos.

I really doubt you'd find one studio exec OR filmmaker/producer involved who wouldn't see it as obvious the advantage of a younger actor for either role when you do in fact need to recast for prolonging the franchise

I really don't care about getting a new actor for MJ as much about rewriting her character. I have still yet to see MJ on screen, I'm tired of watching GweMJ

BT18 said:
They're getting older because they have to due to the actors aging, not because it's helpful for a franchise adapting characters and 40 years of storylines which don't age much more than 10 years in that entire real world 40 year time span. And they've only scratched the surface of the Spidey mythos.

I really doubt you'd find one studio exec OR filmmaker/producer involved who wouldn't see it as obvious the advantage of a younger actor for either role when you do in fact need to recast for prolonging the franchise

You can't compare the comics to the movie franchise. They are both completely different. To begin with, they are only making a total of 6 Spider-Man films. Hence why the characters are getting older in each film. In Spider-Man, Peter Parker, was a recent high school graduate and college freshmen trying to get used to his powers. As well as obtaining some responsibility. In Spider-Man 2, he was trying to balance his everyday life (college and work) with being a superhero. So, I can imagine the rest of the series will be like this:
Spider-Man 3: Upon graduating from college, Peter is trying to make a commitment to his profession and his relationship with MJ, while being Spider-Man.

Spider-Man 4: If MJ left Peter in Spider-Man 3, then he's probably just mourning the lost of the love his life. Until Black Cat comes into the picture. He will be a lot older and wiser, so he wouldn't make the same mistakes from the past. If MJ didn't leave Peter, then they probably got married. So, this film will be Peter struggling to maintain a healthy marriage life.

Spider-Man 5: If MJ left him in SM3, then he's probably still with Black Cat or she left him (or vice versa). Aunt May is probably dead by now. Who knows! So, Spider-Man realizes that he's reaching his thirties and he's basically just Spider-Man. Peter Parker no longer has a life of his own. So, he tries to make some changes. Perhaps attempting to revive his relationship with MJ. Now, if Peter and MJ got married in SM3, then she probably leaves him because she can't handle the direction Peter's life has taken.

Spider-Man 6 (The FINAL Film): If MJ left Peter in SM3, then they probably get together in this film and the movie ends with their marriage. If Peter and MJ got married in SM3, then after leaving Peter in SM5 she decides to give him a second chance. Peter decides that while being Spider-Man is important, it is also important to be Peter Parker and have a life of his own with MJ. The film ends with MJ discovering that she's pregnant.

THE END.

Yeah, she could leave and Black Cat can be around for a while. Then, she returns and they get married. THE END.

Isla Fisher should play Mary Jane
crasherpres.jpg

Henri DuCard said:
how about Laura Prepon for Mary Jane:

people-612-lauraprepon.jpg

Just because she's scripted as some bombshell in "That 70's Show" doesn't make her one. Chicks always been barely above average, and that's putting it charitably. In famous young actress terms, she's pretty beat.

MvTrlrMsc said:
No re casting. If kristen leaves the franchise. Mary Jane leaves :up:

So what if Tobey leaves ???

I think most people would rather have 6 movies with one recasting of the main cast after the 3rd or 4th movie than 3 movies just so you don't have new actors playing the same characters.

BT18 said:
Just because she's scripted as some bombshell in "That 70's Show" doesn't make her one. Chicks always been barely above average, and that's putting it charitably. In famous young actress terms, she's pretty beat.

laura6.jpg

laura_prepon_08.jpg

laura-prepon-16.jpg

She'd make an awesome gwen too!

laurapre.jpg

laura2.jpg

Why does everyone want younger? It would seem more sensible to cast older versions of the characters.

spider-jide said:

She has a much better body than McAdams, but she is not a better actress. We want the choice of MJ to be based on talent first, then looks. Rachel McAdams is very good looking and a very good actress.

Lazarus440 said:
she is 31 years old, why pick her when everyone wants younger.
Actor age doesn't matter, as long as the person appears the right age. Kirsten may be a lot younger, but looks ten years older than Tobey. On the other hand, if you've seen Isla in Wedding Crashers she doesn't look anywhere near 30.

The Green Goblin said:
The best choice for Mary Jane is "The sexiest woman alive.

um yaeh HECK YES BEIL IS THE PERFECT MJ! and was rumored to be in part 1 &2

Catman said:
She has a much better body than McAdams, but she is not a better actress. We want the choice of MJ to be based on talent first, then looks. Rachel McAdams is very good looking and a very good actress.
who the bad place is this we Catman this is not the phucking Boirg! Speak for Yourself!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"