Sequels Rachel McAdams for Mary Jane

The Green Goblin said:
"Yeah um" ... *whatever* :rolleyes:

Carry on with your Mary Jane who is not sexy or attractive. :marv:
how did you know that i am the casting director for all the spider-man movies?

Lazarus440 said:
how did you know that i am the casting director for all the spider-man movies?

You seem so against casting someone hot and sexy as Mary Jane. :o

Wouldn't want to give the kiddies stiffers. :eek:

kiddies got stiffers from Michelle Pheiffers Catwoman.

Trigger said:
Why does everyone want younger? It would seem more sensible to cast older versions of the characters.

No, it wouldn't at all.

These are frigging comic book characters. Who age 15 years in 50 real world years. The movies haven't even scratched the surface of telling Spidey's stories. He's perpetually young. We don't need middle aged actors playing him, his girlfriend, and his bes friend.

The Green Goblin said:
You seem so against casting someone hot and sexy as Mary Jane. :o

Wouldn't want to give the kiddies stiffers. :eek:
i am not against it, i just haven't seen any one post some one that fits right. they all post chicks with big **** and girls that couldn't act their way out of their bra if some one showed them how. or they want some one that can't do the movies and ***** when some one tells them so.

also i don't see how it matters seeing as they aren't changeing the cast any time soon.

Lazarus440 said:
i am not against it, i just haven't seen any one post some one that fits right. they all post chicks with big **** and girls that couldn't act their way out of their bra if some one showed them how. or they want some one that can't do the movies and ***** when some one tells them so.

also i don't see how it matters seeing as they aren't changeing the cast any time soon.

What?

I could post a pic of my dog and it would be an improvement and my dog is a male. :eek: Er ... j/k ... sorta ;)

Its not all Dunst's fault. I mean she was miscast IMO, but its also the writers who made her sort of a Gwen/MJ hybrid. It really is a mess, and the reason for the speculating is that most believe 3 is the last one for KD. (Thank God).

The reason I have been an advocate for Biel from the beginning is she is 5'8, has greenish eyes, can look good as a redhead, is super sexy is and can easily pull off the wild, strong, outgoing party girl thing. Of course you'd need a stronger Peter Parker/Spidey than Maguire but thats another story. ;)

Bottom line (besides Biel's bottom :eek:) is you can look at Kirsten Dunst a 100 different ways to Sunday and she's no "jackpot".

Lazarus440 said:

obviously laz you either have EXTREMLEY BAD taste in Woman or are just gay if you think Jessica beil isnt a Hot mj!:down

The Green Goblin said:
What?

I could post a pic of my dog and it would be an improvement and my dog is a male. :eek: Er ... j/k ... sorta ;)

Its not all Dunst's fault. I mean she was miscast IMO, but its also the writers who made her sort of a Gwen/MJ hybrid. It really is a mess, and the reason for the speculating is that most believe 3 is the last one for KD. (Thank God).

The reason I have been an advocate for Biel from the beginning is she is 5'8, has greenish eyes, can look good as a redhead, is super sexy is and can easily pull off the wild, strong, outgoing party girl thing. Of course you'd need a stronger Peter Parker/Spidey than Maguire but thats another story. ;)

Bottom line (besides Biel's bottom :eek:) is you can look at Kirsten Dunst a 100 different ways to Sunday and she's no "jackpot".
lol exactly,i wouldn't see dunst and be like Woah! man did i hit the JAckpot!:rolleyes:

Chicken&IceTEA said:
obviously laz you either have EXTREMLEY BAD taste in Woman or are just gay if you think Jessica beil isnt a Hot mj!:down
yes i am gay because i don't think she would make a good mj :rolleyes:.

i just don't see the point in fighting over the actor that plays mj at this point. the part was cast 5 years ago and has stayd that way for 2 now going on 3 movies. i just find it sad that every time they make a new spider-man movie and they don't recast MJ people here whine like little kids in the toy department at wal-mart.

The Green Goblin said:
What?

you didn't even read my post did you?

Lazarus440 said:
you didn't even read my post did you?

Er ... no ... did you say something important? :p

:confused:

Guess you don't believe an attractive, well built gal can act. :rolleyes:

You like Dunst ... fine ... not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

The Green Goblin said:
Er ... no ... did you say something important? :p

:confused:

Guess you don't believe an attractive, well built gal can act. :rolleyes:

You like Dunst ... fine ... not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)
yes she is hot, but she is not MJ.

Lazarus440 said:
yes she is hot, but she is not MJ.

Who? Dunst? :confused:

Really, instead of criticizing other's OPINIONS how about offering your own opinion or suggestion as to who would make a good MJ and why.

... and curious to how you define "who is Mary Jane", because believe me brother, Dunst aint it.

The Green Goblin said:
Who? Dunst? :confused:

Really, instead of criticizing other's OPINIONS how about offering your own opinion or suggestion as to who would make a good MJ and why.

... and curious to how you define "who is Mary Jane", because believe me brother, Dunst aint it.
Jessaca isn't MJ, i just don't see it. i think she would look bad with red hair (dye or wig) and i don't think she has the acting chops.

could they do better with MJ? sure they could. will they any time soon? no.

but i can't find any one that would work right now.

Lazarus440 said:
Jessaca isn't MJ, i just don't see it. i think she would look bad with red hair (dye or wig) and i don't think she has the acting chops.

could they do better with MJ? sure they could. will they any time soon? no.

but i can't find any one that would work right now.

Well, she looks OK to me here. :)

biel-Mary%20Jane.jpg

at least you listed some specifics. You don't think she can act, fine (obviously you haven't seen the "masterpiece" that is 7th Heaven. :eek: :D ;)

She's better suited than Dunst IMO and how much "acting chops" do you need to portray a comicbook character anyway? There's got to be a compromise between acting and physical appearence/personality, ie, Meryl Streep could not play Mary Jane Watson. ;)

Maybe it would be best to cast an "unkown" in the role ala Superman. But anything is better than Dunst IMO. I think there are at least a dozen actresses that could have done a better job.

The Green Goblin said:
Well, she looks OK to me here. :)

biel-Mary%20Jane.jpg

at least you listed some specifics. You don't think she can act, fine (obviously you haven't seen the "masterpiece" that is 7th Heaven. :eek: :D ;)

She's better suited than Dunst IMO and how much "acting chops" do you need to portray a comicbook character anyway? There's got to be a compromise between acting and physical appearence/personality, ie, Meryl Streep could not play Mary Jane Watson. ;)

Maybe it would be best to cast an "unkown" in the role ala Superman. But anything is better than Dunst IMO. I think there are at least a dozen actresses that could have done a better job.
wow Love that pic Goblin! she is perfect MJ material! Smokin!!!!

Biel was always my first choice for MJ. I think she's perfect for the role. She's hot, hot enough to plausibly be a model, but in a lot of roles Jessica has shown the ability to convey a 'girl next door' vibe that is perfect for MJ. I think she would fit the role very well.

jessica_biel1.sized.jpg

mj.jpg

245948~Jessica-Biel.jpg

The Green Goblin said:
The best choice for Mary Jane is "The sexiest woman alive.

Damn.... Baby's got Back. :up:

I think she would be an excellent choice. My only fear is... she would probably eat poor little Tobey alive. ;)

BT18 said:
No, it wouldn't at all.

These are frigging comic book characters. Who age 15 years in 50 real world years. The movies haven't even scratched the surface of telling Spidey's stories. He's perpetually young. We don't need middle aged actors playing him, his girlfriend, and his bes friend.
Good point. I feel like we're getting the cliff notes of Spider-Man here...

But I also don't feel Jessica Biel as MJ. I just don't. While she's older than the MJ in my mind, or the comics (in some instances), or even the movies (at this point in her and Peter's life, they should be early 20s), Jessica actually looks that old. And I haven't been drawn to watch any of her works to gather a good feel of her acting ablilites. So no... not really for her. But that's my opinion.

Another opinion (if you're still reading...) is that I've always thought Laura Prepon would be a great MJ. Watching her character and acting in "That 70's Show", especially against Topher Grace (who always reminded me of "you know who"), really helped me imagine her as Mary Jane. In her girl next door attire she wears on the show, I thought she was beautiful, witty, and cool. In those beautiful pictures wonderfully provided above, I think the point is further proven. She's not a direct hit of a bombshell, but she's beautiful, stunningly so, and could pull of the MJ in my head better than the writers and Dunst have so far. Only one problem... She'd dwarf Tobey, wouldn't she?

Wasn't Isla Fisher in "Wedding Crashers" with McAdams? She was the scary girl, right? Yeah... uh, no... She'd get the bubbly, fun MJ down pretty nicely, but she's another one whos face just doesn't fit the MJ "look" I think they should go for. Sure, she managed to look very young in Wedding Crashers and older when she needed to. But I just don't feel her.

Rachel McAdams. Wow. I really didn't like her (character) in Mean Girls (opposite "could've been a great Ultimate MJ, pre-blonde, pre-weightloss" Lohan). But that was a good thing. She played her part well. I laughed when I saw her advertised in that "Notebook" drama (I haven't seen it yet but heard its pretty good). Coming out of "Flightplan", I heard someone say "Red Eye" was better, but I still haven't seen it. However, I did watch "Wedding Crashers" and I was amazed by her acting abilities. I think very few actors and actresses can act with their eyes well (Clint Eastwood, Mel Gibson, and Angela Bassett come to mind. Tobey doesn't). McAdams is close to getting on that list. I "loved" her in that film. She was beautiful, fun, and convincing in her role (the writing barely helped her with that...). And considering that only a few years ago, she played a teenager, and in "Wedding Crashers", I thought she was only 23 or so (so did my friends when I asked them), I think she could pull off a young MJ. I didn't know different until I logged onto imdb.com...

I would love to see McAdams as MJ. She'd make the movie so much better than Dunst has so far. Good suggestion.

that is a very good idea, but is it for sure Kiersten will leave on SM4?

Nah, nothing's for sure yet. I suppose this is all wishful thinking. I think its kind of funny that so many people agree that she should be replaced. I personally think Dunst and the writers have paid little respect to the character we know as MJ. One thing that could've helped this case would've been an alternative to MJ. I know Gwen, or most other additional female characters would hurt the story line's flow (imagine two sappy love stories!), but even if they had to go their own route, they could've pumped-up Betty Brant's involvement in Peter's life (especially her dislike for Spidey). Peter girl problems, but it wasn't just one girl he had problems with.

Kirsten needs to become a bigger girl when she performs "MJ"s role, otherwise, she should probably go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"