Rachel McAdams returns

Discussion in 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness' started by Speed Force, Dec 10, 2020.

1. NotNickFury Registered

Hopefully she does something. I have to remind myself that she was even in the original because unlike other characters like Pepper or Peggy or even Jane, I can't remember what she did in the first movie.

Closerframe and mclay18 like this.
  2. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Not much.

3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

It was a terribly underwritten role, not really the fault of the actress. Hopefully she is given much more to do this time.

4. AvengerPA Registered

I think her role will be small. She will not be one of the main characters.

5. NotNickFury Registered

Yeah, I don't fault McAdams any more than I would fault, say, Walton Goggins being underutilized, I think, in Ant-Man and the Wasp. And unlike a pairing like Downey Jr. and Paltrow or even Tom Holland and Zendaya, to name two, I wouldn't say there was as lot of time between Cumberbatch and McAdams. Not their fault, and I don't see her role being any more substantive in a sequel because it's a movie called the Multiverse of Madness, but it'd be nice if she was given more to do.

I could see her being about as integral to the movie as Judy Greer was in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Iceman likes this.
  6. Zarex Registered

With her comedic chops McAdams is a wonderful fit for the MCU, so I'm hoping Feige and company make use of all that Multiverse Madness to power her up. Tigra, maybe?

Iceman likes this.
  7. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Agreed. On the plus side I would have said the same about Portman’s character after she agreed to come back and they found a way of elevating her. Obviously not expecting anything like that degree here, but she can at least be a more important character than she was last time.

8. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Tbh I wouldn't expect McAdams to get a lot to do.

9. Albright Registered

It’s maybe a little far fetched, but it would be awesome, if she could be an alternate version of Clea and stays in his dimension

10. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I hope she pulls a Regine George and steals the movie. But I wasn't eXpecting her to return so Im not eXpecting much, at least she's not gonna be a 1 and done character like Betty Ross.

11. Dr. Evil Registered

At least Pepper and Peggy did something. Heck, Pepper got into the final battle against Thanos. Jane's going to do something in Thor: Love and Thunder. Her character is just there. I hope that there's more for her to do.

12. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

She operated on Dr. Stephen Strange and revived him iirc.

13. Albright Registered

With Rachel McAdams being in that sizzle reel during the investor day I see very low possibility, that Clea will be in this movie too.
    So I thought about, if they’ll make Rachel McAdams character in that movie and more projects more interesting. Maybe she has also magical powers and connections to Dormammu, that she doesn’t know about yet. Or maybe she fooled Stephen strange all along.

14. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

You guys are crazy if you don't think she'll have a big role. Marvel wouldn't have included her in the initial cast announcement if she was just a cameo and I doubt she would have agreed to come back at all if she had a small role. In that announcement she was listed 4th (after Benedict Wong, but before Chiwetel Ejiofor). I think she'll have at least as much screen time as she got in the first movie, but will actually have more to do with it.

Iceman likes this.
  15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I’m expecting her to have a better role this time. She was to an extent wasted last time.