The Amazing Spider-Man Raimi wants Dunst back, hasn't firmly decided on villain(s) yet

No, none of that is what made SM3 'fail'. In fact that doesn't even makes sense.
"Makes sense"? I'm sorry, but... it's true. What I said can define perfectly what made 'Spider-Man 3' a poor film. And it makes much more sense if you look a little closer at the movie.

How is it they haven't decided on a villain or villains?Haven't they been working on the script for a while?Also I would love for Kristen Dunst to be replaced.She never quite had the spirit or the looks for MJ and to me was always the weakest link in the cast.Oh and for god's sake whether it be Kristen or not please don't let MJ be kidnapped again.It's redundant already.

How is it they haven't decided on a villain or villains?Haven't they been working on the script for a while?Also I would love for Kristen Dunst to be replaced.She never quite had the spirit or the looks for MJ and to me was always the weakest link in the cast.Oh and for god's sake whether it be Kristen or not please don't let MJ be kidnapped again.It's redundant already.
Exactly, isn't it funny that no villains have been selected and yet Mary Jane(Dunst) is being considered to play a major part in the story, again? I know that they like to keep somethings secret and all, but I'm just hoping that the villain(s) aren't just going to be throwaway-quality to make up the expected/needed action-sequences.
(P.S. If Mary Jane is going to be kidnapped again in this installment, I'm going to be a very PO'd individual.)

Exactly, isn't it funny that no villains have been selected and yet Mary Jane(Dunst) is being considered to play a major part in the story, again? I know that they like to keep somethings secret and all, but I'm just hoping that the villain(s) aren't just going to be throwaway-quality to make up the expected/needed action-sequences.
(P.S. If Mary Jane is going to be kidnapped again in this installment, I'm going to be a very PO'd individual.)

I'll bet my money on Dunst getting kidnapped by whoever villain again(yes,for the 4th time)

And the villain finds out Spiderman's identity and in the end somehow turns good.

I'll bet my money on Dunst getting kidnapped by whoever villain again(yes,for the 4th time)
One thing i really don't like about 3 is that it seemed he cared more about saving MJ then saving all the other innocent people.We as a audience already know he loves and cares for her.He doesn't have to save her every goddamn movie.It was awesome in the first movie,Acceptable in the second one but just awful by the third.

Glad they are moving forward, but like others thought they would have the villains sorted out by now, and please, no more relationship problems or kidknappings for MJ, an important role doesnt have to involve these things.

Glad they are moving forward, but like others thought they would have the villains sorted out by now, and please, no more relationship problems or kidknappings for MJ, an important role doesnt have to involve these things.

Would you care if Gwen was captured? If the Lizard is in SM4, they could connect that with Gwen being in Dr. Connors class.

And Spider-Man loses his mask again. :csad:

And the villain finds out Spiderman's identity and in the end somehow turns good.

killself.gif

"Makes sense"? I'm sorry, but... it's true. What I said can define perfectly what made 'Spider-Man 3' a poor film. And it makes much more sense if you look a little closer at the movie.

The problem with SM3 was that it was overcrowded, under-developed and they felt that it had to be bigger and better than the first 2. All of that had nothing to do with the amount of time they spent talking about the movie or deciding what should be in it. Obviously when they did decide what to do with it they got it wrong, but that had nothing to do with time spent before the movie.

They're clearly in the first stages of making this movie. Nothing is final at this stage therefore he can't confirm anything. It's not like filming is supposed to start next week and he's still changing things around. This wasn't an interview about SM4, he didn't hunt down these interviewers to tell them nohting of value, they asked him these questions during an interview about his current project and focus of his attention. To criticise the lack of solid information about the project at this stage is pointless because the project hasn't even started yet.

Last edited:
I thought Raimi learned from his mistakes and was gonna redeem himself by giving us a great story by making SM4 & SM5 back to back.Now he is already screwing up because this is gonna be Tobey's last spidey flick and the only way to get him to play spidey in SM5 is to film SM4 & SM5 back to back.

Originally Posted by American_Hobo
Tbh, I don't think she'll be kidnapped this time. Hell, Sam was going to have Gwen kidnapped in the third one, which is another reason I think MJ won't be kidnapped in this one.

I really don't want anyone kidnapped.Spidey should be drawn to the final battle scene because the city is in peril not a damsel in distress.

A big WTF on the SM4/5 not being done back to back? I am still going to assume Sony signs everyone for AT LEAST two more films... but I thought the whole reason for waiting this long and bringing everyone back was to do them back to back. Doesn't make much sense to me... I'd rather they just recast if they don't do them together.

A big WTF on the SM4/5 not being done back to back? I am still going to assume Sony signs everyone for AT LEAST two more films... but I thought the whole reason for waiting this long and bringing everyone back was to do them back to back. Doesn't make much sense to me... I'd rather they just recast if they don't do them together.
I remember back when watching one of the DVD extras from one of the DVDs that one the producers(Laura Ziskin) mentioned how great of a luxury it would've been to do the first two/three back-to-back, but now they're telling me that with the chance lying in front of them that they're not even going to dare take it?! Wonderful, just ----in' wonderful.

"I'm in the earliest stages of working with the writer, trying to work out a story."

That's interesting because David Lindsay-Abaire was hired back in November and we're now in the middle of March.

They should be further along than that...unless they've gotten another screenwriter on-board. :huh:

Sony has their own ideas for a script for SM-4, Raimi has his own. Sony and Arad should take a backseat and let Raimi work on the SM-4 script with Abaire and only have financial input to make the movie at a more reasonable price (as opposed to the $300 million pricetag for the third movie). The first 3 movies were extremely profitable with Raimi behind the wheel, why can't Sony give him more leeway?

You'd think that with him delivering three profitable films one after the other, he'd have final cut and a firm stake in the script.

After hearing that there not making SM4 & SM5 back to back,I'd be more excited if they just get a new director and recast,I'm just not excited to see another MJ movie where she screams when taken hostage by the new villain,sings where it sounds like a cat being killed,and just looks terrible like she got hit while walking in oncoming traffic...

I was mistaken if I said SM5 was brewing up to be the next B & R... it might be SM4 that takes the reign away from Schumacher... I don't know... I just don't like the idea that they wait four years... bring the same cast back... and one-off the thing. What are they going to do a marriage at the end? Indy 4 all over again... not that I am saying we won't eventually get a reboot the greedy bastards they are at Hollywood.

Sony has their own ideas for a script for SM-4, Raimi has his own. Sony and Arad should take a backseat and let Raimi work on the SM-4 script with Abaire and only have financial input to make the movie at a more reasonable price (as opposed to the $300 million pricetag for the third movie). The first 3 movies were extremely profitable with Raimi behind the wheel, why can't Sony give him more leeway?

David Koepp and James Vanderbilt were brought in by Sony. Don't know about David Lindsay-Abaire.

However, he was officially hired back in November '08 and should be further along than the "earliest writing stages" if he's in fact still on-board - what it being March '09 and all.

I was mistaken if I said SM5 was brewing up to be the next B & R... it might be SM4 that takes the reign away from Schumacher... I don't know... I just don't like the idea that they wait four years... bring the same cast back... and one-off the thing. What are they going to do a marriage at the end? Indy 4 all over again... not that I am saying we won't eventually get a reboot the greedy bastards they are at Hollywood.

Was it confirmed that Spider-Man 4 is the last for Tobey and Raimi?

^Ah, ok thanks, I figured.

So Fat Tonie why are you talking like this is the last one, and why all the panic? Just let it play out.

Well I don't want Tobey playing the role in his late thirties is all... would prefer a recast and a new set of films if that were the case... rather than one film and MAYBE more with an older cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"