Rainbow Six Siege

It was an interesting trailer, but I'm trying to remain from getting excited until I see some actual gameplay and not just target footage.

I'd give anything for this installment of R6 to return to its roots and have team selection, mapping and planning. Assuming the AI has advanced significantly enough after 20 years or so, to allow your team to, you know, actually follow your orders.

I'd give anything for this installment of R6 to return to its roots and have team selection, mapping and planning. Assuming the AI has advanced significantly enough after 20 years or so, to allow your team to, you know, actually follow your orders.
mapping and planning done in the coolest way ever. in wshat you's seen with the X-men war room kinda way. it's called the mission planing sand table.

724456-gt_rainbow6patriots_int.jpg

Creative director David Sears discusses the various enhancements and additions in this incredible new addition to the Rainbow 6 series.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gamep ... w-6/724456

the also be more showing on ep later too
http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialElecplay?feature=relchannel

mapping and planning done in the coolest way ever. in wshat you's seen with the X-men war room kinda way. it's called the mission planing sand table.

724456-gt_rainbow6patriots_int.jpg

Creative director David Sears discusses the various enhancements and additions in this incredible new addition to the Rainbow 6 series.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gamep ... w-6/724456

the also be more showing on ep later too
http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialElecplay?feature=relchannel

Awesome! :)
Looks great....I love having planning back in my hands....one of my favorite aspects of the Rainbow series.

Looks interesting, if it can continue with the kind of gameplay we saw in vegas 1 and 2 i'll be really happy!

I hope co-op returns and the ability to completely customize your character. I loved that about the Vegas games.

pat, I'm pretty sure the video I put up state that you can do just waht your asking for.

Last edited:
um pat i'm pretty sure the video I put up stat that you can do those things you want .

Last edited:
Nice, i haven't watched that video yet, ill check it out tho.

I'll try put up more from any of the video game news/prviews and reviews site hat get the info out.

spacer.gif

Rainbow Six: Patriots

Design Tactics Interview -Learn what's behind some of the incredibly authentic tactics in Rainbow Six: Patriots, in this revealing interview with lead game designer Philip Therien.

plat_pc_default.gif
plat_ps3_default.gif
plat_xb360_default.gif

new.gif

Posted 1 hour ago

Discussions in session
spacer.gif

Thanks for the heads up....good interview. Sounds like the AI is gonna be hellacious....it's always been notoriously difficult in (later) Rainbow games, but this one sounds like the CPU is gonna be toasting the hell out of you.

And again, glad to hear that a more detailed planning environment will be available for those of us who like to kick it old school, as well as one-button AI commands for the run-and-gunners.

Its going to be a loooooong wait for this game. Wish they would of held off on the announcement. I mean 2013? Damn.

Report: Rainbow 6: Patriots development team restructured

(2 hours ago)

When it was officially revealed last year, pretty much everyone was taken aback by Rainbow 6: Patriots. Early footage and our own experience with the game delved deep into a moral gray area, putting the very real issue of civilian death directly into players' hands -- even to the point of asking players to eliminate civilians for the sake of the greater good.

The new direction was undecidedly dark, possibly too dark for Ubisoft, according to a report from Game Informer. A GI source states that Ubisoft has all but gutted the development team at Ubisoft Montreal, pulling creative director David Sears, narrative director Richard Rouse III, lead designer Philippe Therien and animation director Brent George off of Rainbow 6: Patriots. It's not clear exactly what this means for the project going forward, but it would definitely seem to indicate a radical change in direction for the potentially controversial title.

We've contacted Ubisoft for comment.
Source: Game Informer

Ubisoft has mishandled these new versions of Ghost Recon and Rainbox Six so badly it's kind of sad. However if they are going back to the drawing board with Rainbow Six, I'll be extremely grateful. I didn't like the direction they were taking that series at all.

Yea I wasn't really sure what to make of the new R6 Altho I enjoyed the Vegas games and was interested in seeing what this new version offered. I'm excited for the new Ghost Recon tho.

It's rarely good news when there's a bloodletting like that at a studio. But if it *is* about the whole "would you kill a ****load of civilians for the greater good?" scenario, I can understand why Ubi would consider that too big of a line to cross. I mean, what's the point? Is it the "Patriots" (i.e., homegrown terrorists) who are asked to do this to overthrow the US government? Or is it Team Rainbow, facing the proverbial Waco Dilemma? Either side, I think it's a pretty bull**** moral conundrum to throw into any video game.

It's rarely good news when there's a bloodletting like that at a studio. But if it *is* about the whole "would you kill a ****load of civilians for the greater good?" scenario, I can understand why Ubi would consider that too big of a line to cross. I mean, what's the point? Is it the "Patriots" (i.e., homegrown terrorists) who are asked to do this to overthrow the US government? Or is it Team Rainbow, facing the proverbial Waco Dilemma? Either side, I think it's a pretty bull**** moral conundrum to throw into any video game.

I have a funny feeling the game didn't focus test well. Fans of the current FPS probably didn't like the idea of having to control the terrorist and see the events through their eyes as well as having to be the "bad" good guy, so to speak.

I think this has more to do with some certain reporters from both Game informer and kotaku saying they felt uneasy about playing the game when they went to see the game and play it. . it's kinda strange though I bet those guys may have liked 24 the show.

Cause that's kinda like where this thing was showing thing were going game wise. that thing's aren't black and white and it was about domestic terrorism. compared to the usual thing that most people around the world complain about the U.S. starting some thing with other countries (mostly Arab nations) which 24 also addressed on occasion with having domestic issue and not seeing every one from an Arab nation as the enemy . It's not like it hasn't happen in real life and people do seem to go nuts when moneys tight.

I'm not saying I completely agree with what they were doing. But it's not like it hasn't be done(shown) before or it's unheard of . And it was showing some thing that was kinda a change of pace to what most people see war games and what other countries call American propaganda . this was about a domestic issue. guess it became too much due to it being that.

Last edited:
I just didn't think it looked like very much fun. :/

yeah it's a balancing act when your on a serious topic like that.(their trying to teach something through fun. with out it being preachy. But that can back fire) That's the problem too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"