Rank and Review all 5 Batfilms.

Voyeur said:
First of all, I don't think I can bring myself to watch it again, secondly she falls from an impossible height...cat's from everywhere start to lick her fingers and face (it's been a while so let me know if I'm wrong) as she starts to twitch and revive...then becomes a slightly different person. Whether the bring her back to life or not, it's all a bit supernatural for me.

I've done this argument a thousand times. She falls 8-9 stories. She falls 6 before hitting an awning. Then it's 2-3 more. There was snow on the ground aswell. All of those factors make her surviving possible. And another thing to remember, movies aren't supposed to be realistic. Thanks to BB, that's all everyone wants now.

You never saw the grades I got in Biology class! ;)

Seriously, I give it an F- because in my book BF and B&R both "fail" but BF fails worse, thus I give it an even worse rating than F...Maybe in school there's no such grade, but I'm not in school any more...thank God.

There are no F-, but there are Super F's.

Spidey-Bat said:
And another thing to remember, movies aren't supposed to be realistic. Thanks to BB, that's all everyone wants now.
There are better chances Selina would survive that fall than there are for a microwave which vaporizes water to do nothing to the human body.
In fact people´s falls have been broken before and they have survided because of that, for god´s sake people have survived much worse, not to mention Selina fell on snow.

Guason said:
There are better chances Selina would survive that fall than there are for a microwave which vaporizes water to do nothing to the human body.
In fact people´s fall have been broken before and they have survided because of that, not to mention Selina fell on snow.

exactly:up:

Spidey-Bat said:
Thanks, don´t believe I have anything against BB because I don´t.
Back to topic Selina never died, she never lost consciousness again in any of her "deaths".
Jett gave Batman & robin a F-, didn´t he?

Guason said:

I rarely agree with your posts but that's a pretty valid point :up:

On a side note everybody has their own way of issuing ratings. For instance I rate movies from 1-5 when conventionally it's 1-4. So a scale that features and F- is not neccesarily wrong.

Cain said:
I rarely agree with your posts but that's a pretty valid point :up:

On a side note everybody has their own way of issuing ratings. For instance I rate movies from 1-5 when conventionally it's 1-4. So a scale that features and F- is not neccesarily wrong.
jett used it didn´t he?, I prefer the 1-10 scale, and I rarely post at all I´m always reading your stuff. Awesome I´d say even If I disagree!

Too bad that microwave emitter uses "FOCUSED" waves to vaporize an enemies water supply. It's not designed to focus on the water in the human body or anything else for that matter.

Yes, it's still unrealistic but it was explained. Your Selina point couldn't be more wrong. Thanks for playing.......... :p

These are all valid points, and perhaps she does survive the fall...I guess what I'm saying is that once she attracts all the cats and they start chewing on her fingers and climbing on her face, leading her to twitch, her eyes to roll back and then she snaps back to life, er, I mean consciousness...well it seems a little more Burton than Batman to me.

But some people like that, I guess.

Voyeur said:
These are all valid points, and perhaps she does survive the fall...I guess what I'm saying is that once she attracts all the cats and they start chewing on her fingers and climbing on her face, leading her to twitch, her eyes to roll back and then she snaps back to life, er, I mean consciousness...well it seems a little more Burton than Batman to me.

But some people like that, I guess.

She starts attracting the cats? Please. Cats are curious creatures. If you saw a body fall 9 stories, you'd check it out too. The cats nibbling at her is the same for a 12 year old boy poking a dead opposum in the street with a stick. It's more realistic than submerging a man in a rejuvinating pit.

Milkman95 said:
Too bad that microwave emitter uses "FOCUSED" waves to vaporize an enemies water supply. It's not designed to focus on the water in the human body or anything else for that matter.

Yes, it's still unrealistic but it was explained. Your Selina point couldn't be more wrong. Thanks for playing..........

Focused microwaves, like that makes it even more realistic. It's easier to believe a woman could survive a fall than a machine be stolen from sea and used to evaporate a posioned water supply. And how convenient is it that a major water piping runs under an asylum? Hell, why the hell is an asylum in the middle of the city?

Spidey-Bat said:
It's more realistic than submerging a man in a rejuvinating pit.
Hmm...can't really argue with that...probably why I've never been the biggest fan of al Ghul or Clayface! But al Ghul was pretty cool in BB.

Ra's Al Ghul was a badass dude in Begins!

Spidey-Bat said:
She starts attracting the cats? Please. Cats are curious creatures. If you saw a body fall 9 stories, you'd check it out too. The cats nibbling at her is the same for a 12 year old boy poking a dead opposum in the street with a stick. It's more realistic than submerging a man in a rejuvinating pit.

Focused microwaves, like that makes it even more realistic. It's easier to believe a woman could survive a fall than a machine be stolen from sea and used to evaporate a posioned water supply. And how convenient is it that a major water piping runs under an asylum? Hell, why the hell is an asylum in the middle of the city?

I said it's still unrealistic, but there is an explanation for it, which is the description of the device, which is the word "Focused". A woman falling several stories, NOT 9 stories is less realistic, sorry. Major water pipes, sewage, electricity, telecommunications, as well as other utilities are underneath EVERY major city. Why is it unrealistic that these pipes are underneath a major asylum or hospital? Should it not have electricity? Plumbing? Heat? Hilarious.........

Arkham Asylum is isolated on an island in the Gotham River. It's also in the Narrows, which is very bad area - I don't have a problem with a CITY hospital being within city limits..........

Milkman95 said:
I said it's still unrealistic, but there is an explanation for it, which is the description of the device, which is the word "Focused". A woman falling 60 stories is less realistic, sorry. Major water pipes, sewage, electricity, telecommunications, as well as other utilities are underneath EVERY major city. Why is it unrealistic that these pipes are underneath a major asylum or hospital. Should it not have electricity? Plumbing? Heat? Hilarious.........

Arkham Asylum is isolated on an island in the Gotham River. It's also in the Narrows, which is very bad area - I don't have a problem with a CITY hospital being within city limits..........

You're right, a woman falling 60 stories is less realistic than a focused microwave emmitter with poor security around it. She didn't fall 60 stores, it was 8-9 (yes, I played the scene were she fell frame by frame and counted the windows to prove all naysayers wrong). Does it need an explanation when she comes concious again? I saw the movie when I was 3, I understood perfectly she survived.

My point about Arkham is why is there such easy access to it? And why does that water also feed into the city? How stupid do they have to be to have water that spreads throughout the island under an inch of concrete in a weak pipe that psychos and lunatics and poison or pollute?

Arkham is an asylum, a hospital for insane criminals. Not pregnant women and flu victims. It's obviously the type of city that belongs on the out skirts of a major establishment. Having an asylum in the center of Gotham is like putting Riker's in the middle of Times Square.

Spidey-Bat said:
You're right, a woman falling 60 stories is less realistic than a focused microwave emmitter with poor security around it. She didn't fall 60 stores, it was 8-9 (yes, I played the scene were she fell frame by frame and counted the windows to prove all naysayers wrong). Does it need an explanation when she comes concious again? I saw the movie when I was 3, I understood perfectly she survived.

My point about Arkham is why is there such easy access to it? And why does that water also feed into the city? How stupid do they have to be to have water that spreads throughout the island under an inch of concrete in a weak pipe that psychos and lunatics and poison or pollute?

Arkham is an asylum, a hospital for insane criminals. Not pregnant women and flu victims. It's obviously the type of city that belongs on the out skirts of a major establishment. Having an asylum in the center of Gotham is like putting Riker's in the middle of Times Square.

Nine stories is still almost 100 feet, so I still think it's more unrealistic. And no, it doesn't need an explanation just like the emitter doesn't need one - it was explained, with the key word being "focused".

Dr. Jonathon Crane is the head psychologist at Arkham, so yes, he would have access to the basement to dig through the floor into the water mains. Since Arkham is on an island on the Gotham River, yes, it would have water mains feeding into the city and suburbs - it's in the middle of water. I could go over to my local city, go down into a sewer, take a hammer and punch through a water pipe if I wanted to. Mentally impaired and insane patients are classified as being sick, or having a disease, so that type of hospital will pretty much have the same needs as a regular one. Time Square is in the middle of the city, surrounded by other buildings. Arkham is on an island, surrounded by water and slums. Big difference.

You are aware this is a fictional city and story, right?

Milkman95 said:
Nine stories is still almost 100 feet, so I still think it's more unrealistic. And no, it doesn't need an explanation just like the emitter doesn't need one - it was explained, with the key word being "focused".

Dr. Jonathon Crane is the head psychologist at Arkham, so yes, he would have access to the basement to dig through the floor into the water mains. Since Arkham is on an island on the Gotham River, yes, it would have water mains feeding into the city and suburbs - it's in the middle of water. I could go over to my local city, go down into a sewer, take a hammer and punch through a water pipe if I wanted to. Mentally impaired and insane patients are classified as being sick, or having a disease, so that type of hospital will pretty much have the same needs as a regular one. Time Square is in the middle of the city, surrounded by other buildings. Arkham is on an island, surrounded by water and slums. Big difference.

You are aware this is a fictional city and story, right?

She didn't fall the full 100 feet. As I stated earlier, she hit an awning which broke the initial fall, then 2 more which futher slowed her speed and the snow also helped make it less impactive.

Yes. I am aware of it. I'm using it as an example of also being unrealistic as well as unfaithful.

1. Batman Begins. Brilliant, from set design to cinematography to story dynamics. Not to mention far and away the best acting of any superhero film. The villains have real menace, and the heroes have real substance. For once Batman's origins and motivations are given their due. Everything was just spot on. Beyond spot on.

2. Mask of the Phantasm. The only animated movie I rank. Everything I like about the Batman character filtered into a great story. Joker is perfect, and the music is brilliant.

3. Batman '89. Nicholson is the highlight. Great portrayal there. One of the great performances of the late eighties. Keaton is good too, and I love the eccentricity of his character, even though I don't consider it all that similar to any Batman I know. Gets a little cheesy at times.

4. Batman '66. Hilarious. Pow! Zang! The scene in which Batman can't find anywhere to toss the bomb gets me everytime.

5. Batman Returns. Gets a lot cheesy at times. I can't find much to like here, aside from Devito's Penguin. It's all a little too over the top. Walken is cool, but his character is so evil he borders on James Bond camp. And I may be one of the few who thinks Burton's Catwoman is absolutely atrocious. Just terrible. Terrible one liners, terrible build-up. The monologue scenes from Selina with the introduction of her character are so forced and cliched I can't sit through them without cringing.

6. Batman and Robin. Awful but at times a little funny for sheer stupidity. The Bat-Card in particular is a nice touch.

7. Batman Forever. Just as bad as Batman and Robin, but with much less to laugh at. That and it tosses one of the best supervillains aside like cannon fodder. Two-Face must be redeemed.

I think you make excellent points SatanBurger and my order is the same!

SatanBurger said:
Walken is cool, but his character is so evil he borders on James Bond camp.
You sure you watched Batman Begins, I mean that Ra´s Al Gul:down
Besides your point is stupid, the man was a complete facade. He helped Gotham, he did good things to help people. He makes oswald believe he´s helping him because he cares about him. The guy was smart (definitely smarter than ra´s), a dirty businessman who tends to abuse power (there are so many in this world) a very human villain I´d say.

Spidey-Bat said:

It´s also like putting a microscope in the center of Gotham, and we all thought BB had learned from past mistakes.

SatanBurger said:
And I may be one of the few who thinks Burton's Catwoman is absolutely atrocious. Just terrible. Terrible one liners, terrible build-up. The monologue scenes from Selina with the introduction of her character are so forced and cliched I can't sit through them without cringing.
And I thought Halle´s CINO had been a disaster, at least Selina reacts like a human after what happens to her. I guess I´ll just stick with the mediocre catwomen from the comics which are always better and can´t be improved.:cool:

89- 8/10
BR- 7/10
BF- 6/10
B&R -3/10
BB -9/10 or 10/10

Batman '89- 9.5/10
Batman Begins- 9/10
Batman Returns- 9/10
Batman Forever- 8/10
Batman & Robin- 6.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online