Rank Pierce Brosnan's Bond fillms

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by D'Artagnan, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Mrs. Sawyer

Mrs. Sawyer Registered

Goldeneye is #1, and its my #2 favorite Bond film behind FRWL. Then its TND, TWINE, then DAD (the only 1 of the 4 I couldn't even finish.)

2. Green Ghost

Green Ghost Registered

1. Goldeneye
    2. The World Is Not Enough
    3. Tomorrow Never Dies
    4. Die Another Day

3. Kent

Kent The Lord of Thwipp

Same.

Goldeneye is my favorite Bond-movie bar none, and I'm one of the rare people who liked TWINE and thought TND was OK. DAD sort of sucked though.

4. Golgo-13

Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Moore still delivers some of the best cheeky wit of all the Bonds.

The scene where he first meets Tanya Roberts and Grace Jones comes over to get her away from him, she say's "Someone will take care of you" with which he replies "You'll see to that personally will you?!" The way he delivers the line makes me laugh every time i hear it!

AVTAK is also the last Bond film we see Lois Maxwell as Moneypenny, which is why the final scene where we see her crying over the missing 007 report is very touching to me. May she R.I.P.

#129 Golgo-13, May 6, 2010
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  5. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Both Moore and Maxwell were way too old for their roles in A View to a Kill. Maxwell should have been retired after Moonraker. Maybe even earlier. Moore should have called it a day after For You Eyes Only, as much as I enjoy Octopussy, he was looking too old by then.

6. Golgo-13

Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Moore has stated openly that he hated being in AVTAK because of his age. In fact i heard he had the same feelings about FYEO and Octopussy, but was contractually obligated to stay in the role.

7. DACrowe

DACrowe Registered

Roger Moore was probably too old for FYEO. But the movie is so good and makes fun of the age thing (where he doesn't bed a near-Lolita, like he ends up doing in AVTAK annd Connery did in DAF and Brosnan in DAD).

He actually finished his contract with that film and he knew it was one of his best and retired. But as they were prepping Octopussy, it was around the same time as NSNA which featured Sean Connery returning to 007. Though EON had already cast James Brolin (who would have been the first American actor to play James Bond), they panicked and begged Moore to return to compete with NSNA in the same summer. Moore agreed and came out of 007-retirement to do Octopussy, which did beat NSNA at the box office. He then continued into AVTAK where he honestly looked like a geriatric Bond and all of his conquests were weird because they were girls in their early 20s (all three blondes in the picture) or...Grace Jones.

Another interesting thing, Sam Neil almost became James Bond in The Living Daylights. He screentested and everyone thought he was the best and should get the role. He almost did, but Cubby pulled the plug because he rather irrationally hated Neil and wanted Dalton. He was alone in his opinion that Dalton was better, but it was his franchise so that is how Timothy Dalton became James Bond. Too bad, Dalton while close to the book was dull and easily forgettable. Neil would have been much better for the role.

BTW I'm glad to see all the love TWINE is getting. It really is an underrated Bond movie. Despite Denise Richards and a few clunker action sequences (the caviar factory and skiing battle being the obvious culprits) it had one of hte best plots of a Bond movie to date and was Brosnan's best performance in the role. I loved them making M an actual character in the narrative and giving her some real depth. I still don't think Craig has been able to duplicate the chemistry that she and Brosnan shared on screen. I also liked how the main villain turned out not to be the terrorist, but Sophie Marceau. It is the only time when a Bond girl turned out to be the real villain. And Brosnan having to execute her in cold blood, along with when he did it to Dr. Kaufman in the only good scene of TND, is his best moment(s) in the role.

8. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

Sam Neil as Bond? Now that is one hell of an idea. I could see that.