Iron Man 3 Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

IM1 great film 9/10

IM 2 decent but not quite as nice. 7.5/10

IM3 had some nice moments for a action adventure but failed on so many levels compared to the others it tainted my faith in marvel and made me dread Shane Black getting anywhere near Doc Savage. I was actually angry leaving the movie 2.5/10

Sorry man but I think comparing Iron Man 3 to Elektra on ANY level is absurd.

Yep Electra was so much better. And yes I really mean that. That's how much I dislike IM3 and the Mandarin was the least problem I had pretty much.

Yep Electra was so much better. And yes I really mean that. That's how much I dislike IM3 and the Mandarin was the least problem I had pretty much.

lol That makes your opinion kinda meaningless.

Iron Man 1 is the only decent Iron Man movie.

Hopefully Fox or sony can get the rights and do the character right.

Holy smokes, I think that's a first.

You think Marvel's characters are better off not in the hands of their creators?

Agree. There was so much wrong with Elektra that that statement says a lot about the quality control issues that IM3 struggled with.

It might have been different if the bar had been raised really high and there had been two great Elektra movies and "Elektra And Wolverine Fight The Hand" which people still can't stop raving about and THEN we get the current Elektra movie which makes people cringe.

I totally get leaving the theater angry after IM3. That's what I did as well.

Iron Man 1 is the only decent Iron Man movie.

Hopefully Fox or sony can get the rights and do the character right.
There's just so much wrong with your statement. Fox and Sony are where potentially good franchises get run into the ground or put on ice forever.

3. **** that twist TBH; Kingsley was awesome as the villain. And WTF Potts with super powers ? (although it was funny to see her destroy the bad guy)
Still loved RDJ as Stark (he was born to play him), the action scenes, the Bern flashback with the scientist from IM1, and the continuity (Stark having panick attacks because of what happened in A)

Really loved all 3 films. The first is one of the best CBM ever made - only behind The Avengers for me - and IM2, well I guess I'm one of the few that really loved that film. IM3 was also great, I had no problem with the Trevor-twist, thought it was wonderful.

I'm just sad we won't get IM 4 (at least with RDJ)

My order:
IM
IM2
IM3

All great films!

Forgot to rank them.

IM1
IM2
IM3

and IM2, well I guess I'm one of the few that really loved that film.

Count me in.

IM3 was also great, I had no problem with the Trevor-twist, thought it was wonderful.
Count me out. lol

I'm just sad we won't get IM 4 (at least with RDJ)
Keep hope alive. I wasn't sure if he'd make it to Avengers 3

^ We got ourselves a comedian! I think you are confusing the Avengers for the X-Men, and Iron Man for Wolverine. What was that you said about Fox?

I for one enjoyed IM2, I saw it more than once in the theatres. But after a few repeated viewings I am not as fond of it. I realized his alcoholism was almost handled as poorly as the Black Suit in SM3, and the palladium plot has its moments but the resolution seemed kind of rushed and jumbled. I really liked Sam Rockwell and all the action scenes.

I think Iron Man 3 totally dominates 2 though. Surpasses it by leaps and bounds. The way they portrayed his anxiety was much more satisfying than the alcoholism in 2, and the action scenes were some of the best yet in the MCU.

^ We got ourselves a comedian! I think you are confusing the Avengers for the X-Men, and Iron Man for Wolverine. What was that you said about Fox?

I for one enjoyed IM2, I saw it more than once in the theatres. But after a few repeated viewings I am not as fond of it. I realized his alcoholism was almost handled as poorly as the Black Suit in SM3, and the palladium plot has its moments but the resolution seemed kind of rushed and jumbled. I really liked Sam Rockwell and all the action scenes.

I think Iron Man 3 totally dominates 2 though. Surpasses it by leaps and bounds. The way they portrayed his anxiety was much more satisfying than the alcoholism in 2, and the action scenes were some of the best yet in the MCU.

The comparison between Fox's focus on Wolverine and Disney's increasing focus on Iron Man is a valid analogy. Sometimes, less is more.

The comparison between Fox's focus on Wolverine and Disney's increasing focus on Iron Man is a valid analogy. Sometimes, less is more.

It's not really. Also, how is the focus on Iron Man increasing? He's contracted for no more solo films, only ensemble films. Not to mention, of all the films we're awaiting in the MCU, we have sequels to Thor and Cap and three brand new franchises (Guardians, Ant-Man and Strange) with only one ensemble film featuring Stark. Phase 2 will contain less Stark than phase 1, and phase 3 even less than that.

It's not really. Also, how is the focus on Iron Man increasing? He's contracted for no more solo films, only ensemble films. Not to mention, of all the films we're awaiting in the MCU, we have sequels to Thor and Cap and three brand new franchises (Guardians, Ant-Man and Strange) with only one ensemble film featuring Stark. Phase 2 will contain less Stark than phase 1, and phase 3 even less than that.

The STRONG rumors of Stark's role in Avengers II.

The STRONG rumors of Stark's role in Avengers II.

Even if Stark ends up creating Ultron for Avengers: AoU, it doesn't reflect an increasing role for him in the MCU, and certainly doesn't make the analogy to Wolverine more accurate. The facts remain that Stark will be in less films as each phase moves on with more and more different characters being given the spotlight. You're lending artificial weight to Ultron's creation due to its comic rep when really all it represents is a character having a major role in a film he was already expected (and entitled) to have a major role in.

IM1 > IM3 > IM2

( disclaimer: this ranking is subject to change without notice )

Iron Man has been the main character in 3 movies. All of which were titled Iron Man. He was a central character of an ensemble in the Avengers. He will have a role in Avengers 2 alongside 8 other heroes. And the first film showed us they know how to balance everyone.

Wolverine has been the main character in 5 movies, only two of which are called Wolverine. So yeah I'd say the earlier analogy is not accurate.

Last edited:
IM1 : 9/10 (9 is as far as I ever rated a superohero movie, which says I alot, this one was so well made!)
IM2: 7/10
IM3: 7/10

And I'm being generous.

It's hard for me to rank them. I flip flop between IM1 and IM3. So, I'd say:

Iron Man/Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"