Top Teir/Worthwhile:
Ultimate Avengers
Ultimate Avengers 2

Just Awful:
Invincible Iron Man
Next Avengers

That's just about dead nuts perfect.

I have a feeling that ALL three movies this year will end up in the
"Cream of the Crop: (9 or 10/10)" category. Thor, Cap AND First Class. What a year!

I have a feeling that ALL three movies this year will end up in the
"Cream of the Crop: (9 or 10/10)" category. Thor, Cap AND First Class. What a year!

Yeah I think Thor & Cap are gonna fall into the "Cream of the Crop" category after their released, First Glass & GL look pretty cool as well

Edit: Double post

Last edited:
Ang's Hulk was awesome. Literally the most underrated superhero movie ever. My only complaint was there is no sequel. But...I guess we got a pseudo-sequel of sorts.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. To me, that movie makes me want to stuff a litter of puppies in a sack and then whack it against a tree stump until it's all bloody. Most disappointing moment of my movie going life. I'll hate Ang Lee till the day I die for screwing up the big screen debut of my all time favorite fictional character.

Eh, I've heard worse from Batman fans talking about B&R.

Eh, I've heard worse from Batman fans talking about B&R.

Yeah, but there's a pretty big difference between Ang Lee's Hulk and B&R. I mean, you may think Hulk was a poor representation of your favorite character, but the film clearly has redeeming qualities. B&R? Eh, not so much.

Hardly. To me Hulk is 1000 times worse. I just never cared about B&R at all. Certainly not enough for it to piss me off. But then, I don't give the slightest **** about Batman or DC comics or any of that.

Yeah, but there's a pretty big difference between Ang Lee's Hulk and B&R. I mean, you may think Hulk was a poor representation of your favorite character, but the film clearly has redeeming qualities. B&R? Eh, not so much.

Batman & Robin was a neon campfest. Hulk was a hodge-podge of classic Universal monster films, Greek tragedy, psycho-drama, action film. I can't hate the guy fro trying something different, rather than going ahead and doing a typical HULK MAD! HULK SMASH! type of film. I say it was an interesting failure.

Last edited:
Hardly. To me Hulk is 1000 times worse. I just never cared about B&R at all. Certainly not enough for it to piss me off. But then, I don't give the slightest **** about Batman or DC comics or any of that.

I understand that, but if an unbiased observer (who had no prior knowledge of the source material) watched both films, what do you think they'd have to say about each?

I guess my point is that while Hulk (2003) might have missed the mark in many respects, it's still a thoughtful film with some serious highlights.

Batman and Robin is just an embarassment in every possible way.

But then, Batman is my favorite hero. :yay:

I didn't give a crap for the hulk until I saw the movie in 2003. Sure, there were many different things from the source, but he nailed the spirit of the tormented banner than leterrier did, and not to mention I liked hulk being his own character.

But thats just me.

Best:
Iron Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
X-Men 2

Good:
X-Men
Iron Man 2
Kick-Ass
The Incredible Hulk
Blade 2
Blade

Solid:
The Punisher
Daredevil (Director's Cut)

Mediocre:
Blade: Trinity
Hulk
Wolverine
Daredevil (Theatrical Cut)

Bad:
X-Men 3
Spider-Man 3
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: ROTSS
Elektra

Haven't seen Ghost Rider or Punisher War Zone.

Batman and Robin is just an embarassment in every possible way.

To me, B&R enters the range of "so bad, it's good". It's stupidity at times elevates it to being hilarious. That's at least some entertainment value...to me at least.

not to mention I liked hulk being his own character.

But thats just me.

I didn't get that in the slightest from either Hulk movie. In both he's just a special effect an not much more.

I understand that, but if an unbiased observer (who had no prior knowledge of the source material) watched both films, what do you think they'd have to say about each?

I guess my point is that while Hulk (2003) might have missed the mark in many respects, it's still a thoughtful film with some serious highlights.

I've been saying that for quite some time. I think if someone with completely zero knowledge of the character watched the film, they might walk away thinking "That was a very interesting and entertaining movie about a guy that turn into a monster".

I always put it this way..Hulk was the better film, but TIH was the better Hulk film. I still enjoy both.

What qualms do you have with Punisher War Zone? It's the most faithful adaptation of the character to screen thus far. I'm guessing you're not a fan of Garth Ennis?

Spider-man 3 was complete and utter garbage with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Ennis on Punisher is perhaps my favorite comic run of the last decade...but Warzone was just a very bad movie to me.

And Spidey 3 may have beeen a disapointment compared to the first two, but I would still put it way above PWZ.

The Best:
X-Men 2
Spider-Man 2
Iron Man

Good:
Spider-Man
Iron Man 2
X-Men
Daredevil

Plain awful:
X-Men: The Last Stand
Spider-Man 3
Ghost Rider
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: ROTSS

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3

X-Men

X2: X-Men United
X-Men
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer

The Avengers
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

Other
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
The Punisher
Hulk
Elektra
Punisher: War Zone

BEST
1. Spider-Man 2
2. Kick-Ass (does this count?)
3. Spider-Man
4. Iron Man
5. X2
6. X-Men

PRETTY GOOD:
7. Blade II
8. Spider-Man 3
9. Blade

MEDIOCRE:
10. Iron Man 2
11. Daredevil: Director's Cut
12. Hulk
13. The Incredible Hulk

CRAP (everything else):
14. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
15. Fantastic Four
16. Wolverine
17. X-Men 3
18. The Punisher (2004)
19. Blade Trinity
20. Elektra
21. Ghost Rider
22. Punisher: War Zone

Anything made before 1998 is too terrible to list or remember.

Y'know, sometimes quantity does not equate to quality.

holy crap I just realized that my original post from months ago was messed up. I remember copying and pasting it from someone with a similar opinion, and apparently "Ghost Rider" and "Spider Man 3" I can't stand the latter so I have no earthly clue as to why it was in my "Spectacular Films List"

Facepalms at self ):

I liked Spider-man 3 and Hulk, both had their bad moments and their good moments but they don't deserve half the hate they're given.

^Agree with Hulk, disagree with Spider Man 3

Hulk & Spidey 3 are hated for reasons beyond the film and not just because they were bad movies. Superman Returns is in the same boat. It's what they caused(or didn't cause) after they came out that is a major reason they're so reviled. Hulk isn't the worst movie ever or even the worst comic book movie ever.

However, for me it WAS they very worst theater going experience of my entire life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"