Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
Rank these movies:

Batman Begins
The Incredible Hulk
The Amazing Spider-man
Dredd 3D
Man of Steel

If you haven't seen a movie, say so after your rankings.

The Amazing Spider-man - 4/5
Batman Begins - 3.5/5
Man of Steel - 3/5
The Incredible Hulk - 2.5/5

Pre Man of Steel since I won't be watching that until tomorrow.

1.) Batman Begins
2.) Dredd
3.) The Incredible Hulk
4.) The Amazing Spider-Man

Aside from the list, what about '04 Punisher or even Punisher: War Zone? Both of those can be viewed as reboots.

1. Batman Begins (though it was kinda boring and too serious)
2. The Incredible Hulk (fun, though there was some lacking about the story)
3. The Amazing Spider-Man (I hated it)
4. Man of Steel (bad pacing, has a lot of flaws)
5. Punisher: War Zone (ugh)

Oops

Forgot about The Punisher War Zone for some reason.

1. Batman Begins
2. The Amazing Spider-Man
3. Man of Steel
4. Dredd
5. The Incredible Hulk

Batman Begins
Man of Steel
The Incredible Hulk/Dredd (tie)
The Amazing Spider-Man

Haven't seen MOS yet but for now:
1. Batman Begins
2. Dredd
3. The Amazing Spider-man
4. The Incredible Hulk

Dredd
Batman Begins
Man Of Steel
Incredible Hulk
Amazing Spider-Man

Batman Begins
Amazing Spiderman
Incredible Hulk
Man of Steel (not to say I dislike it. It was pretty great. I just love all the above films)
Dredd

Punisher War Zone (so bad. and the original was pretty good.)

As I mentioned in another thread, I don't know which film I like more: Batman Begins or Man of Steel, so I won't make a vote until I watch BB to get my answer.

But, aside from the tie with Batman Begins and Man of Steel, my list remains the same as this, and now counting Punisher: War Zone:

2.) Dredd
3.) The Incredible Hulk
4.) The Amazing Spider-Man
5.) Punisher: War Zone

ATM it would be The Amazing Spider-Man followed very closely by Batman Begins. Haven't seen MOS yet. or Dredd.

1. Batman Begins (9/10)
2. Man of Steel (9/10)
3. Dredd (8/10)
4. The Incredible Hulk (7/10)
5. The Amazing Spider-man (6.5/10)

I haven't seen Punisher: Warzone. Does Fantastic Four count? Technically there was that movie made in the '90s,

Top tier CBM:
Batman Begins

Pretty good/enjoyable:
Man of Steel
Dredd

Dont care for at all:
The Incredible Hulk
The Amazing Spider-man

Voted Man of Steel because I absolutely loved it however my list is:

1.Batman Begins
2. Man of Steel
3. Amazing Spider-Man
4. Incredible Hulk
5. Dredd

Objectively, I feel like BB is the best-crafted movie of the bunch, but I got more enjoyment from both MoS AND TASM, even though I know they both owe their entire existences to BB. Still, I gave MoS my vote because I've waited years for a cinematic Superman that resembles the one I love from the modern comics and TAS, so MoS represents a very solid, exciting start to a Superman film universe I can finally enjoy.

1. Man of Steel (8.5/10)
2. The Amazing Spider-Man (8.5/10)
3. Batman Begins (8/10)
4. Dredd (7.5/10)
5. The Incredible Hulk (5.5/10)

And now that I'm back from MOS:
1. Batman Begins
2. Man of Steel
3. Dredd
4. The Amazing Spiderman
5. The Incredible Hulk

1. Batman Begins - Pretty much pitch perfect reboot and origin story. Other than some on-the-nose dialogue that was rectified in the sequels and story beats that go with every origin movie, I have no complaints.

2. Man of Steel - A very flawed film, which I am about to say a lot. But Cavill is perfect, the new version of Lois Lane is far more intriguing and entertaining than what little we got (most what I want to see more of in a sequel) and I like the questions Nolan and Goyer raise about the duality of humanity and Kryptonian values at war. Too bad it only becomes pure war after that for a weak second half.

3. The Amazing Spider-Man - I thought the movie was too early and it doesn't really work. Too scattershot and trying too hard to be an origin, hip, Nolan-ish, funny. But I really like Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone's chemistry and charisma, even if the writers completely botched Peter's character arc. Plus, I will always love the Lizard even if the movie's handling of the villain sucked.

4. The Incredible Hulk - Incredibly boring and forgettable.

Never saw Dredd. So, I guess that is my list.

1. Batman Begins.(after years of waiting,I finally got the Batman movie I wanted.)

2.The Incredible Hulk (I really wanted to put this first,since Hulk is my favorite character.But this film isn't really an origin,which sets it a bit below BB.The best live action version of Hulk,barring the Bixby series)

Then,we got the rest.
I really need to see MOS again to make a decision,but for now TASM & MOS are virtually tied for third.I liked the cast of MOS better,but the story was even more somber than TASM.

Hated Punisher WZ and really have no interest in Dredd.

Batman Begins is the only reboot that is legitimately good imo. Most of the others feel too reactionary to their predecessors and often slant too far in the opposite direction in terms of tone and action.

Batman Begins (8.5/10)
Man of Steel (8.5/10)
The Amazing Spider-Man (8/10)
The Incredible Hulk (8/10)
Punisher: War Zone (4/10)

(No desire to see Dredd.)

Batman Begins is the only reboot that is legitimately good imo. Most of the others feel too reactionary to their predecessors] and often slant too far in the opposite direction in terms of tone and action.

I especially feel this way about ASM and MOS.

^^I'd include BB which went the opposite extreme of the artsy gothic Burton movies with over-done realism.

1.) Batman Begins (9/10)
2.) Man of Steel (9/10)
3.) Dredd (8/10)
4.) The Incredible Hulk (7/10)
5.) The Amazing Spider-man (6.5/10)
6.) Punisher: Warzone (5/10)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member