The Force Awakens Rank the Star Wars Films!

The Phantom Menace 2/10 (Truly one of the worst films Ive ever seen and Ive been sitting in movie theaters since the early 70s)
Attack of the Clones 3/10
Revenge of the Sith 4/10
A New Hope 10/10
The Empire Strikes Back 10/10
Return of the Jedi 6/10
The Force Awakens 6/10

ROTS
ROTJ
Empire
New Hope
Force Awakens
AOTC
TPM

I'm curious how this is going to be received in a couple years from now and looking back. Right now were very much in the hype train

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. The Force Awakens
4. Return of the Jedi
6. Attack of the Clones
6. The Phantom Menace
7. A New Hope

It's not the order of quality, but order of my personal preferences:

1. The Phantom Menace (please, don't kill me - it was my first Star Wars movie, I have special feelings for it)
2. Return of the Jedi
3. The Force Awakens
4. A New Hope
5. Empire Strikes Back
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. Attack of the Clones

You don't known the devastation of that Film
oBsREuQ.gif

Though I ranked Empire and A New Hope above it, I'd go so far as to say that The Force Awakens had the best acting and best cinematography out of the whole saga.

1). Empire
2). Hope
3). Force
4). Jedi
5). Sith
6). Menace/Clones (they're both equally bad in different ways)

1. Jedi
2. Empire
3. The Force Awakens
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. A New Hope
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Phantom Menace

1) The Force Awakens - I'm not particularly nostalgic about the SW universe to begin with, and loved seeing it updated; new cast is great, love them
2) A New Hope - which I saw in the theater in 1977; this film held the most magic for me among the original trilogy; this is very nearly a tie with TFA for me
3) The Empire Strikes Back - very good story but it still didn't mesmerize me as much as ANH
4) The Phantom Menace - I enjoyed Neeson and McGregor together, and Darth Maul was pretty cool; I wasn't really put off by Jar Jar (presumably Jar Jar is the main reason most rank this at the bottom)
5) Return of the Jedi - I'm ambivalent about ranking this one below Phantom Menace, but I really didn't enjoy it too much; the weakest of the original trilogy--it provides resolution for me for the original trilogy, and that's important somehow, but that's about it
6) Revenge of the Sith - despite the wooden acting by Christensen and Portman it was still fairly interesting to watch Darth Vader be "born"
7) Attack of the Clones - in all honesty I can't even remember it

Last edited:
1. Empire Strikes Back - Magical, haunting, poetic. The storyline, acting, writing, direction, sets, special effects, everything was magisterial. Should have won an Oscar.
2. ANH - Thrill a minute adventure that started it all. Loved it all despite the hammy acting and writing.
3. TFA - Riveting action, characters, great acting by everyone involved.
4. ROTJ - The Vader/Palpatine/Luke confrontation are some of the best moments in movie history. The rest of it is just okay.
5. ROTS - Best of the prequel films, which doesn't say much. The final 10 minutes is about all you need to watch.
6. TPM - Podrace and Duel of the Fates the only thing worth watching, Obi-wan was cool, but Qui-Gon, Anakin, Padme are boring as sin.
7. AOTC - Poorly written, felt like a shiny new video game that once you beat it, you'll never touch it again. Bad acting, bad love story, horrible ending. Maybe have watched it twice all the way through.

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
The Force Awakens
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace

After seeing it again last night, I have to upgrade my original comment of "third or fourth" to second or third. My feelings right now--

1. Empire.
2. Force.
3. Hope.
4. Jedi.
5. Sith.
6. Menace.
7. Clones.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. A New Hope
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Force Awakens
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Attack of the Clones

Just watched 7 for the second time yesterday and liked it way more then the first time so here is my rankings now.

1. Return of the Jedi
2. Forces awakens
3. Empire strikes back
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. New hope
6. Attack of the clones
7. Phantom menace

I have no idea where to place TFA yet. Better than the prequels but gets difficult after that.

1. TESB
2. ANH
3. ROTJ
4. TFA
5. ROTS
6. TPM
7. AOTC

The Force Awakens might overtake Return of the Jedi in time, but I'll need to see it again. I don't think Empire or A New Hope will ever be topped.

Hugely enjoyed TFA. Think I'd hazard a ranking at:

1. ROTJ
2. TESB
3. ANH
4. TFA
5. TPM
6. ROTS
7. AOTC

Empire Strikes Back is STILL the best episode then its
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
The Force Awakens
prequels (doesn't matter theyre all equally ******)

2. Return Of The Jedi
3. The Force Awakens
4. A New Hope
5. Revenge of The Sith
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Attack Of The Clones

Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

The Force Awakens

Revenge of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

2. A New Hope
3. Return Of The Jedi
4. The Force Awakens
5. Revenge of The Sith
6. Attack Of The Clones
7. The Phantom Menace

It is difficult to rank the first three movies (the originals). Depends, sometimes "A New Hope" is number 1, sometimes "Empire Strikes Back".
Third is "Return of the Jedi".
"The Force Awakens" is way behind on fourth.
And all the requals are even further down - "Revenge of the Sith" is the best of the worse movies, the other two are just bad movies!

It is a shame, that this franchise just has two really good movies. "Return of the Jedi" has some problems. "Force Awakens" is just a remake of "A New Hope" - what is also bad. And even the best movie of the prequals, "Revenge of the Sith", is a bad movie.

Lets hope, that they do it right, and we see the next 10 years some awesome new Star Wars movies. Too bad, without - mostly - Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, who deserved at least three more better movies ;)

Let's be honest...revenge of the sith at this point puts both 1 and 2 to shame...the only thing I would do is maybe change or adjust some things here and there but having watched just episode 3 before episode 4...it really does make sense to me in terms of how the fall of the Republic was no more as you watch how the emperor came into power by creating the empire by taking out the jedi. Those senate scenes were needed in a way to explain what really happened during the dark times. Makes perfect sense now than it ever did before.

Empire
Force
Jedi
Sith
Hope
Menace
Clones

That's my rank as of today

See I think that ROTS (which is the best of PT, for what little that's worth), badly rushed all of that stuff, and I don't think that it makes a ton of sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"