Rank the Superman movies (including MOS)

1. BvS
2. MoS
3. SUperman 3
4 Superman 4
Basura. Superman 1, 2, and Returns

I still think a definitive superman movie has yet to be made for me. I have the same issues with Spidey. They either get the right actor but the wrong material or vice versa.

I'll go with 1. Superman the movie as it was it a groundbreaking film
2. Superman II solid sequel.

Then a distant third the Superman the movie/Superman II mashup known as Man of Steel. Cavil was the best part of that movie.

Won't bother ranking the rest.

1. Superman: The Movie
2. Superman Returns- My vote for most underrated superhero film, and a good finale to the Superman trilogy (Superman: The Movie, Superman 2, and Superman Returns).
3. Superman 2
3. Man of Steel
4. Superman 3
5. Justice League
6. Batman v Superman
7. Superman 4

1. Superman , the movie
2. Man of Steel
3. Superman 2
4. Superman 4, Quest for peace.
5. Superman 3
5. Batman v Superman
6. Superman Returns

1. Superman , the movie
2. Man of Steel
3. Superman 2
4. Superman 4, Quest for peace.
5. Superman 3
5. Batman v Superman
6. Superman Returns

While nothing beats Christopher Reeve as Superman, I still love Man of Steel. Just rewatched it and its still great.
Makes me sad just how wrong Snyder went with B v S and JL.

If I could take back my original vote and instead choose Superman: The Movie, I would.

I can't believe there was ever a time that I liked Man of Steel. I just watched it again for the first time in years and I was struck not only by how poorly it represents he character of Superman, but how badly it functions as a movie in its own right. It's full of awful dialogue; robotic, unemotional people; illogical scenarios and reactions; mindless, empty action... it's a film I could see Michael Bay making. It's just plain bad.

I'm not sure how I missed all of this when the movie came out. The stellar cast (who are all wasted), great score, inventive visual design and my frustrations with the MCU's cookie-cutter approach to storytelling must've blinded me to MoS' abundant flaws. It also didn't help that people like Mark Waid focused on the wrong issues (Superman killing Zod was justified, albeit a lazy solution), thereby making me want to like the film even more out of spite.

I'm so glad Snyder is no longer involved with the DCEU. It just sucks we may never see a proper version of Superman onscreen anytime soon.

If I could take back my original vote and instead choose Superman: The Movie, I would.

I can't believe there was ever a time that I liked Man of Steel. I just watched it again for the first time in years and I was struck not only by how poorly it represents he character of Superman, but how badly it functions as a movie in its own right. It's full of awful dialogue; robotic, unemotional people; illogical scenarios and reactions; mindless, empty action... it's a film I could see Michael Bay making. It's just plain bad.

I'm not sure how I missed all of this when the movie came out. The stellar cast (who are all wasted), great score, inventive visual design and my frustrations with the MCU's cookie-cutter approach to storytelling must've blinded me to MoS' abundant flaws. It also didn't help that people like Mark Waid focused on the wrong issues (Superman killing Zod was justified, albeit a lazy solution), thereby making me want to like the film even more out of spite.

I'm so glad Snyder is no longer involved with the DCEU. It just sucks we may never see a proper version of Superman onscreen anytime soon.

Couldn't say it any better than that. I will say that even on the first viewing I was underwhelmed but figured for a first outing they'd get it right for the second film. Boy was I wrong.

This is my rank :o

1. Man of Steel [Cavill is perfect, WB needs to make MoS2 happen asap]
  2. Superman Returns [Really close to MoS, unpopular opinion: i like Routh as Superman a lot & this one has the best Lex Luthor]
  3. Superman II [I enjoyed this a lot, Zod and Co were great]
  4. Superman [Nice origin film, a classic, but i still love the others more]
  5. Supergirl [This one is pure joy, i loved it, but the others are higher in my heart]
  6. Superman III [I like it, but the main villains is dumb af, Supes drunk and Supes fight with Clark? lmfao wtf]
  7. Superman IV [Meh, i can watch it but nothing special]

Last edited:
Superman
Superman 2 / MoS
BvS
Justice League / Superman Returns
Superman 3
Superman 4

BVS
MOS
Superman
Superman II
Superman Returns
Superman III
Superman IV

1 Superman TM / Superman 2
2 Superman Returns
3 Man of Steel
4 Superman 3
5 BvS / JL
6 Superman 4

PS : I prefer Superman Returns but I think Henry Cavillwas a better Superman than B.Routh.
I thinkH.Cavill was THE right choice after all those years.

Really not tons of "movies" to rank.

BvS and ZSJL are ensemble. Hoping for a more Superman centric film next.

1- StM/MoS Different approaches and tones.
2- BvS
3- ZSJL
4- Superman Returns/S2

Superman the Movie
Superman II: Donner Cut
Superman II
Man of Steel/Superman Returns
BvS
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Superman III

On a side note, the pilot episode of Lois and Clark, which is basically a TV movie, I would put up there with the likes of Superman II. I think it's really, really well done for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"