Rank The Villains of Thor

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
Rank the Villains of the Thor films in order of best to worst and discuss the reasons behind your list (motives, threat, performance etc).

Also separately, rank Thor's villains from most powerful to least powerful.

Disregard Ultron and Thanos as I've now limited it to only Thor's solo films.

Last edited:
His solo films it has to be

1. Loki - sibling rivalry we all can relate to one way or the other always wanting to save him for Loki to constantly reject it to thst scene in Ragnarok where he says to him I thought the world of you and your u and im me the look on Huddleston face sold it, it was soul crushing for him that Thor has lost all faith in him leading to his redemption in coming to save the asgardians from hela then sacrificed himself to thanos to save thors life. :wowe:

2. Hela - another sibling rivalry but distant that she was kept a secret from him he still pleaded with her to work together she instantly rejects him cause she was hell bent on getting revenge for her being exiled by Odin led to him sacrificing Asgard to save its people

3. Gorr - need to see movie again and get past my initial dissatisfaction with how he was handled to properly digest what was presented to me and

4. Malekith haven't seen that in a while so not much to add

Loki and Hela was the stand outs in the sole franchise

It would make more sense to have only solo film villains and I would add secondary villains as well just for the fun of it. The Destroyer, Kurse, The Grandmaster, Surtur and Zeus.

Solo film villain:

1. Gorr
2. Loki
3. Hela
4. Malekith

It would make more sense to have only solo film villains and I would add secondary villains as well just for the fun of it. The Destroyer, Kurse, The Grandmaster, Surtur and Zeus.

Solo film villain:

1. Gorr
2. Loki
3. Hela
4. Malekith

Lets do it

My favorite MCU Thor villain:

1. Gorr
2. Loki
3. Hela
4. The Grandmaster
5. Surtur
6. Zeus
7. The Destroyer
8. Kurse
9. Malekith

Gorr was great but needed a bit more screen time and more visual evidence of doing what his reputation involves and then would have been no.1. As it stands, Hela is probably still my favourite on entertainment value alone with Cate Blanchett seriously camping it up and having a ton of fun in the role. I also want to give props to Laufey who contributed well to Thor’s lore and heritage. Grandmaster was good for laughs and Surtur had a cool design.

Gorr was great but needed a bit more screen time and more visual evidence of doing what his reputation involves and then would have been no.1. As it stands, Hela is probably still my favourite on entertainment value alone with Cate Blanchett seriously camping it up and having a ton of fun in the role. I also want to give props to Laufey who contributed well to Thor’s lore and heritage. Grandmaster was good for laughs and Surtur had a cool design.

Surtur was definitely MUCH cooler on screen than I would have ever imagined (better than most of his comics designs), I will always be grateful to the MCU for getting him right design wise.

Surtur was definitely MUCH cooler on screen than I would have ever imagined (better than most of his comics designs), I will always be grateful to the MCU for getting him right design wise.
Yep, and he’s not a totally straightforward character to get right on screen so I was very happy they did well with him.

Only doing the main villains

Loki
Gorr
Hela

Malekith

Loki

Gorr
Hela

Malekith

In fairness to Hela and Gorr, both actors give good performances, but Gorr is still underutilized, and they made Hela a bit too much of a joke despite how charming Cate is with the lines she's given.

Mine is probably

Loki
Gorr = Hela
Malekith

Loki is really going to remain unchallenged, though Gorr was good. I'm undecided if he's as good as Hela, though; Hela *also* chewed the scenery and had a more compelling personal relationship going.

However, I'd give some bonus shout out for the unexpected best secondary villain:
Zeus. Seriously, for being a one scene wonder, he is the villain I want to see again causing more trouble in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"