Rashida Jones is TBS' Angie Tribeca

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/ste...starring-rashida-jones-gets-tbs-series-order/
Steve Carell’s Police Comedy Starring Rashida Jones Gets TBS Series Order
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Ahead of its upfront presentation next Wednesday, TBS has kicked off its new series pickups with a greenlight to to the character-driven police comedy Angie Tribeca (working title, form. Tribeca), the brainchild of Steve and Nancy Carell. The network has ordered 10 episodes of the project starring Rashida Jones for a 2015 premiere. Also expected to get a TBS series order is hot comedy pilot The Buzzy’s.

Angie Tribeca, which had been a frontrunner based on auspices alone, is a satirical look at police procedurals. The single-camera comedy focuses on an eccentric but brilliant group of LAPD detectives who investigate crime, reveal way too much personal information and refuse to rest until justice has been served…sort of. Jones plays Angie Tribeca, a lone wolf who’s capable, committed, strong and not thrilled when her boss (Burns) tells her she has to work with a partner (guest star Hayes Macarthur).

Jere Burns, Deon Cole and Andree Vermeulen co-star on the series, with Alfred Molina, Lisa Kudrow, Gary Cole, Nancy Carell, Macarthur and Matthew Glave making appearances in the pilot. “Angie Tribeca is a hilarious spoof of police procedurals in the spirit of The Naked Gun, with a terrific cast and a wickedly funny point of view,” said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and TCM. “We’re proud to be working with the outstanding comedy talents behind Angie Tribeca, especially Nancy and Steve Carell and the incredibly talented Rashida Jones.” Angie Tribeca is being executive-produced by Steve and Nancy Carell through their Carousel Television, along with Campbell Smith and Thom Hinkle. Steve and Nancy Carell also wrote the pilot, which was directed by Steve Carell.
I'm in. :o:up:

Err, TBS original comedies look horrible, so I never watch them, but I want this show to be good.

[YT]HQPjU2eWD4Q[/YT]
This thing looks waaaaaaaay more spoofy than I thought it would. Though I guess that's a good way to differentiate it with Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

I wonder where she is putting that bow...

I'll watch. It is Rashida Jones. :)

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/sxsw-festival-angie-tribeca-premiere-1201452872/
Steve & Nancy Carell Bring Slapstick Humor to SXSW with ‘Angie Tribeca’ Premiere
Elizabeth Wagmeister
@EWagmeister

Steve and Nancy Carell’s upcoming TBS comedy “Angie Tribeca” premiered at SXSW on Saturday, as part of the Episodic screening category for SXSW Film, launched last year to premiere new television series, which fit the bill of the festival’s edgy and unique feature material.

“Angie Tribeca” is a satirical take on police procedurals from the husband-and-wife exec producer-creator team, starring “Parks & Recreation” alum Rashida Jones, as the title character, a 10-year vet of the LAPD’s elite RHCU: Really Heinous Crimes Unit.

“We had a great time putting this together and shooting this,” Steve Carell said, as he and Nancy were greeted by loud applause from the tech fest crowd. He joked, “We have the second one if you want to see it — it’s on my iPhone.”

The duo presented episode two — on the big screen — to an audience of laughter, before starting the panel, which featured Hayes MacArthur, who co-stars as Jones’ detective partner; Jones; and showrunner-exec producer Ira Ungerleider.

“I hadn’t seen anything like this, and it’s really, really stupid,” Steve Carell said when asked where the idea for the slapstick sitcom, in the vein of 1980’s flick “Airplane!,” came about. “Any heart that comes out is sort of inadvertent. We just wanted something that was irreverent and silly and made us laugh.”

The project marks an “Office” reunion between Jones and Steve Carell, who sent the actress an email with an offer for the part. “I read it and was like, there’s no chance I’m not doing this,” Jones excitedly said. Ungerleider, whose credits include “Friends” and “How I Met Your Mother,” also jumped at the chance to work with the Carells, joking: “I vomited.”

The laffer brings in an impressive slew of guest stars. Lisa Kudrow and Gary Cole appear in the pilot, while “Parks & Recs'” Adam Scott and James Franco stop by in episode two. Bill Murray will also guest in the first season.

“None of them wanted to do it,” Steve Carell joked of the freshman series’ guests. Nancy Carell gave props to Jones, saying that her A-list friend base is helping the show. “Rashida knows every person in the world.”

As for the series regulars, MacArthur was an unexpected addition. Nancy Carell revealed Jones’ police partner was originally set to die at the end of each episode. (A fake-out death ends the first episode.) “We loved him so much, we couldn’t kill him,” Steve Carell said.

As for the verbal gags and near “unproducible” scenes — thanks to extreme special effects, such as a leg breaking mid-scene; silly stunts, like a dog playing an organ at a wedding; and complex sets and props, which Jones pointed out have included horses, Native Americans and SWAT teams on set the same day — Jones and MacArthur admit that mastering the humor is a challenge.

Despite the hurdles of tackling the unique comedy, Jones is thrilled they’ve almost wrapped their first season: “We’re shooting it, while TV still exists, so that’s good.”

TBS ordered a 10-episode first season of “Angie Tribeca,” slated to premiere this fall. Campbell Smith and Thom Hinkle also serve as exec producers.

[YT]NvNcNGb8ZwI[/YT]
:lmao:

I made it about 20 minutes. Now I'm watching a repeat of the Buffy season 1 finale instead.

I missed the marathon opening, so just caught the pilot episode that aired Monday. Wasn't expecting it to be on Naked Gun level, but was definitely entertained. I'm in!

Reminds me of British satirical detective show A Touch Of Cloth.

Love this show. Still have a couple episodes to go.

LMAO How funny is the theme song with the guy screaming.
[YT]GmC6u5LqnJo[/YT]

LMAO How funny is the theme song with the guy screaming.
[YT]GmC6u5LqnJo[/YT]

and the cop who's throwing up at the crime scene in every episode... :funny:

I like this show... it's a worthy successor to the parody police shows of years past, Police Squad and Sledge Hammer...
icon14.gif

and the cop who's throwing up at the crime scene in every episode... :funny:

I like this show... it's a worthy successor to the parody police shows of years past, Police Squad and Sledge Hammer...
icon14.gif

Yes Police Squad is definitely a good reference. lol

According to epguides, Season2 starts 6/6/16.

I started watching Season 2. Haven't seen Season 1 except for the little summary special TBS put out that summed up each of the episodes from the first season.

It's pretty amusing.

There was a "sneak preview" this weekend, which I assume was just the first episode of S3. Pretty great, as usual. Parodying Silence of the Lambs, with Chris Pine as Hannibal Lector. Episode started off awesome with Tribeca retiring to be a mom, then coming back the next day covered in baby crap.

S4 premieres on Saturday!!! Finally! :D:db::jd::mrk:

“In season four, it's been 20 years since the law wrongfully turned on Detective Angie Tribeca (Rashida Jones) and tossed her in jail. Now, Tribeca is out, reunited with her team, Lt. Atkins (Jere Burns), Dr. Scholls (Andrée Vermeulen), estranged son, Angie Jr. (Bobby Cannavale) and the young and brilliant Maria Charo (Kiersey Clemons) fighting for the good guys. Or so they think. No, they are. Or, are they? They are. Just kidding. Or are we?”

Yeah, I'm legitimately surprised that it's finally returning when it seemed like forever that there was no return date. And then poof, just out of the blue we get the announcement of the new season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"