Playstation Ratchet & Clank: Rifts Apart

I just started playing it. Still in the first level after prologue, here's how I feel:

The visuals are dazzling, especially with the new performance RT mode. Control-feel is awesome. I'm not terribly into shooters either, I mostly just play for the visuals and the story. There are some cool new platforming elements sprinkled in.

I think they took some feedback to heart because there is way less of that cringy humor from 2016, and even sucky lines from this game's demo like "gains before trains!" and "niiice sandshark, niiiice sandshark" were totally cut. The bad humor isn't totally gone, but it has been reduced significantly

Only big negatives are that the gun you start with, the pistol, is just pathetic, and that the visual style in the tutorial level made it feel like I was playing the Adventures of Buzz Lightyear. I prefer when the art style is a hint more edgy, and it looks like every following level will be a lot more tasteful.

I am not normally into shooters my self and FPS forget about it lol. But I love love this franchise so so much second only to Zelda for me. I love insomanic but I tried resistances before like a demo of one and was bored really fast.

Thanks for the input guys. Maybe it is worth giving it a shot then as it looks cool.

I watched some gamplay of the Rivet character and I was like holy crap when she did that thing where she used those yellow portals and how it changed backgrounds and location on the fly and in real time wow.

I'm on new game plus now and I'm having such a blast! This is my favorite game in a long time. It's kind of better in new game

I recorded some combat and exploration footage just for fun. The ps5's video capture ability is quite impressive and convenient

Finished Ratchet and clank rift apart last night at about 18 hours and 98%/. Started over on challenge mode trying to upgrade weapons to level 10. The end of the game fight was pretty darn cool. I think I might like crack in time and going commando more because there was a little bit more stuff in those games to add more variety and also this game could use more enemy variety has you fight the same enemies way to much. Still a amazing game though and cant wait for insomanic and spiderman 2 and for hopefully another ratchet game in a few years.

Just got this last night cant wait to play

I hope Insomniac still have time for further new R&C games with their crazy schedule packed with superhero games.

I hope at next year's showcase we get a sequel announcement to go with Wolverine footage.

I just finished playing since it’s free on ps plus and the gameplay was actually fun I would love for insomniac to go back to a shooter ip

They're a very creative studio. Hopefully they expand after all this success so individual devs have the choice to work on Marvel games or R&C/inventive Sunset Overdrive style projects.

They're a very creative studio. Hopefully they expand after all this success so individual devs have the choice to work on Marvel games or R&C/inventive Sunset Overdrive style projects.
They should port Sunset Overdrive to ps4/5.

They should port Sunset Overdrive to ps4/5.
I think they might not own the IP for it (possibly with Microsoft). Shame we never got a second game. Those kinds of projects I assume could be made reasonably quickly and give them some variety and a fun break from the bigger stuff.

I think they might not own the IP for it (possibly with Microsoft). Shame we never got a second game. Those kinds of projects I assume could be made reasonably quickly and give them some variety and a fun break from the bigger stuff.
That and Gears of Wars are the eXclusive XboX games I would buy if I had a :xbox:.

That and Gears of Wars are the eXclusive XboX games I would buy if I had a :xbox:.
Good to hear on Gears, that’s always been my favourite from Xbox.

Insomniac are a multi-talented studio with a very quick turnaround time. I’d love to see them able to juggle all these different types of projects and I’d imagine it would be rewarding for those that worked there to get this variety (assuming they can switch teams when desired).

Seems like another rushed port. Although, not as terrible as TLoUP1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"