Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the release of the original X-Men film, I couldn't wait for the sequel to come out. Being a fan of the comic books and old cartoons, my expectations for the sequel were very high. X2 didn't let me down, passing all the expectations I had for it. It did exactly what the original film did, but made everything bigger and better. Then, X3 happened. Now, Wolverine takes the franchise back to more solid ground and adds to the legend by perfectly augmenting X2. It tops X2 in action because the fight scenes are larger and much better filmed. Overall, any X-Men fan should be pleased with this movie. If they’re not, they were expecting too much Gambit or the Deadpool from the books. I wasn’t. So, I’m a pretty happy camper.

Best Movie of 2009 so far. I really love it.

This film was disappointing beyond belief and unbalanced. The action sequences were just not good.

Gavin Hood did a bad job and those ill advised butt shots of Jackman were odd especially since the core demographic of Wolverine and X-Men fans are MALES....not FEMALES! Sheesh....

Let me guess....was Tom Rothman involved in this disappointing and waste of a production?

After the release of the original X-Men film, I couldn't wait for the sequel to come out. Being a fan of the comic books and old cartoons, my expectations for the sequel were very high. X2 didn't let me down, passing all the expectations I had for it. It did exactly what the original film did, but made everything bigger and better. Then, X3 happened. Now, Wolverine takes the franchise back to more solid ground and adds to the legend by perfectly augmenting X2. It tops X2 in action because the fight scenes are larger and much better filmed. Overall, any X-Men fan should be pleased with this movie. If they’re not, they were expecting too much Gambit or the Deadpool from the books. I wasn’t. So, I’m a pretty happy camper.

Best Movie of 2009 so far. I really love it.

:down

Star Trek, Terminator and Transformers will be better films overall and will make more money.....end of story.

Star Trek, Terminator and Transformers will be better films overall and will make more money.....end of story.

I'm looking forward to all of those. If the Terminator script review is still the current script then it will be pretty sweet.

Star Trek looks solid to me, though I wasn't much of a fan of the original series (I used to like NG a little bit)

Transformers looks to be better than the first one, which I enjoyed quite a bit. For all the trashing Michael Bay gets he knows what he is good at and most of it fits with Transformers, peeing robots aside. He is paying the material about as much respect as you can to a cartoon created solely for the purpose of selling toys, with plot lines that revolved around the new lines as they came out. Beast Wars was the series with the legitimate story telling—though it's main purpose was still to sell toys—and that is pretty much unfilmable without coming across as mind-blowingly ******ed. How do machines change into animals anyway?

Can spoilers be discussed here or is the leak discussion still a no no? Because I have a question regarding flashbacks and continuity.

Thus the words "so far." I'll measure each accordingly AFTER I see them.

Ya know, just because Wolverine is a good film doesn't mean that it diminishes Dark Knight. Batman fans are filled with such irrational hatred that it's scary at times. Irrational (and sometimes rational) Fox hatred is pretty powerful and tough to overcome as well.

img.php

Ya know, just because Wolverine is a good film doesn't mean that it diminishes Dark Knight. Batman fans are filled with such irrational hatred that it's scary at times. Irrational (and sometimes rational) Fox hatred is pretty powerful and tough to overcome as well.

img.php

Nah...my feelings towards this film has nothing to do with TDK.....but nice try though.

I have been looking forward to an epic SOLO Wolverine film for awhile and I sure as hell didn't get it with this Tom Rothman production.

This Wolverine film was disappointing beyond belief.

What a waste....

Last edited:
Saw the movie last night. Bored me to tears.

But I'm not a fan of Hugh Jackman or Wolverine so maybe I'm a bit biased. Hell, I know I am. But still, it was just more of the same God Wolverine taking down anyone and everyone with no effort. I mean this is apparently the same guy who got smacked around alot by Mystique and Deathstrike and yet here he faces a much more formidable foe and barely breaks a sweat.

And for an origin story it really didn't get into Wolverine as a character very much. Where he is as a character at the end of the title sequence is where he is at the end of the movie.

And the special effects are the worst in the series. Just pure garbage. At times I felt like I was watching a Sci Fi original movie.

That being said, I enjoyed Liev Schreiber and the way they handled Stryker and Wolverines memory loss was actually pretty good. The movie was probably still better than The Last Stand, but that's not saying a lot.

The movie was probably still better than The Last Stand, but that's not saying a lot.

^^ Not by much thats' for sure.....

To me, it's just as bad as X-3 if not slightly worse.....

Last edited:
^^ Not by much thats' for sure......

Only because this time I didn't have to endure the pain of watching characters I actually like be treated like crap.

Even though they got Scott's powers wrong, but whatever.

And is it just me or did Remy start out with an accent and then completley lose it.

Only because this time I didn't have to endure the pain of watching characters I actually like be treated like crap.

Even though they got Scott's powers wrong, but whatever.

And is it just me or did Remy start out with an accent and then completley lose it.

Yeah I have never heard a depiction of Gambit with an accurate cajun accent. The closest was the dude from Silk Stalkings that did the one in TAS. The new series is great but Gambit's accent is again nothing close to cajun.

This film is comparable to the other Marvel flop films like Elektra, Daredevil, X3 F4, Hulk 1.

Unbalanced story, bad direction and production, cheesy special effects, bad execution.

On a good note...this film is not as bad as Punisher War Zone at least.

This film is somewhere in between Incredible Hulk and X3...maybe slightly worse than X3 overall possibly.

It doesn't matter....I soon as I heard they were going to introduce a bunch of other inconsequential X characters and the title was changed to X Men Origins, I had a feeling it was going in the wrong direction.

Me and some my other friends who are big Wolverine fans have been waiting for an epic SOLO kick ass Wolverine film for a while now and sadly we didn't get it.

Terrible....

Saw it today in a theater along with 5 other people... I was extremely hyped about this one, the trailers did a really good job for me. Alas, it was proven that the trailers had almost all the best parts of it.

I loved the first 20 minutes! A fellow poster mentioned that the opening credits reminded him of Watchmen and I agree. They looked really unique. And the best part of the movie comes right in the beginning: When Stryker's team raids that building in Africa, that's what I want to see in a comic book movie.

Wade Wilson. OMG, Ryan Reynolds was truly stealing every second, every scene he was in. It wasn't much, but his parts are those that I want to talk about with my friends. He didn't exactly break the 4th wall, but he was funny and badass at the same time. A pity that they ruined his character in the end. And had him gone for preety much the rest of the movie.

After Wolverine leaves Stryker's team, the movie goes downwards: I found the movie to be flawed in technical terms, as well as story-wise. There was a lot of lumber jacking. Then a bit more. Kayla gives away that she's also a mutant, from very early on, only Wolverine seems not to understand it.

I can still hear Agent Zero's girly scream in my head. The jerky CGI. The beyond-fake-n- cheap claws (especially when Wolverine is in the old folks' bathroom). Gambit losing his accent, gradually. The obvious green screen. Stryker commanding a mutant through a keyboard... Oh, and it just came back to me: There is little to no blood, even when claws/blades/knives/bullets are going in and out of bodies. OK, OK, PG-13, I get it. But...COME ON!

I could also note the lack of interesting soundtrack and several other plot holes, but there were also some positives to be mentioned.

Hugh Jackman was solid, as always. He came of very natural, very much in character. He commited body and mind to this role, and it shows. Liev Schreiber also looked and sounded great, proving he is a capable actor.

As I already wrote, the first 20 minutes were great, in every single term: Pacing, acting, action and dialogues were great. If only it went further like this...

I hope I won't be dissapointed with Star Trek as well, next week.

This film is comparable to the other Marvel flop films like Elektra, Daredevil, X3 F4, Hulk 1.

Unbalanced story, bad direction and production, cheesy special effects, bad execution.

This film is somewhere in between Incredible Hulk and X3...maybe slightly worse than X3 overall possibly.

It doesn't matter....I soon as I heard they were going to introduce a bunch of other inconsequential X characters and the title was changed to X Men Origins, I had a feeling it was going in the wrong direction.

Me and some my other friends who are big Wolverine fans have been waiting for an epic SOLO kick ass Wolverine film for a while now and sadly we didn't get it.

Terrible....

I'd say both Hulk movies(especially TIH) are much better than this film. X3 is a good comparison though. As are the FF movies and DD. Ring, ring, ring! Hello, it's FOX phoning it in again!:whatever:

Just got back form the theater and... I must agree with the people, who say this movie, is just slightly better than Last Stand. Again they cramed alot of mutants into the story, but they forgot to gve them any substans. It felt old, like something we've seen before. They didn't bring any new and fresh ideas to the character of the Wolverine, he has claws and he can heal. I wish Marvel would just focus on one movie at a time, instead of thinking about spin-offs ect. This could have been a good movie, but it wasn't.

P.S. But the first 15-20 minutes where awesome!

Jeez, from what the majority are saying it almost sounds like I should leave the theatre after the first 15-20. :(

Just got back form the theater and... I must agree with the people, who say this movie, is just slightly better than Last Stand. Again they cramed alot of mutants into the story, but they forgot to gve them any substans. It felt old, like something we've seen before. They didn't bring any new and fresh ideas to the character of the Wolverine, he has claws and he can heal. I wish Marvel would just focus on one movie at a time, instead of thinking about spin-offs ect. This could have been a good movie, but it wasn't.

P.S. But the first 15-20 minutes where awesome!

Don't pin this on Marvel. I'm sure they'd like their film rights back.

it is not as bad as x 3 because x 3 tried to do 2 storylines in 1 film lol

If Transformers 2 is 10x better than the first movie, it will still suck.

Terrible....
yeah The sad part here is that's always been the same problem with the x-men movies trilogy too. they've been using the same formula since X men 1 and it was mentioned in X2.

it's just most fans wont admit to it. it's the fact that the script writers screwed up mostly.

and they fact they they grew up on mostly Rambo and the man we call The Governator's movies. they are good movie but soloist. it this case it should have worked but they put other character in it. and what happen in the movies that was supposed to be about the organization is they turned it into a nearly solo movie as well. which turned off the x-men movies.

that they don't know how to deal with big casts in movies story wise. that's the problem but they keep doing it any way.

if you had a writer that's used to dealing with big casts like the guys that did the 4400 show and J.M. Straczynsk of babylon 5 fame then it's possible.
but most guy that are in the movies only know how to do what i mentioned up with the governator's past stuff for example.

but nope we keep getting what was said in this review.
http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/bue...ec=6&subsec=x2

and with each movie every time they use the same formula over it becomes worse to people seeing the movie. "there's too many characters" and "the story was unbalanced." but when you look at the all the movies as a whole and a lot of us really should the problem was always there at the very beginning from the get go.

I don't know why people/certain fans choose to ignore it. but it's always been there. right from the start. they need a better script writer.

Among other things there's been a lot wrong with these movies but I'm targeting the one that's mostly said often. right now.

Last edited:
v the sad part here is that's always been the same problem with the x-men movies trilogy. ithey been using the same formula since X men 1

it's just most fans wont admit to it. it's the fact that the script writers screwed up mostly.

and they fact they they grew up on mostly rambo and the man we call The Governator's movies that they don't know how to deal with big casts in movies story wise.

if you had a writer that used to dealing with big casts like the guys that did the 4400 show and J.M. Straczynsk of babylon 5 fame then it's possable.

but nope we keep getting waht was said in this review.
http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/bue...ec=6&subsec=x2

and with each movie every time they use the same formula it becomes worse to people seeing the movie theres too many charaters and the story was unbalanced. but when you look at the all the movies as a whole and alot of use should the problem was always there at the very beginning from the get go. I don't why people/certain fans choose to ignore it. but it's always been there they need a better script writer.

If they don't ignore it then that kind of forces them to admit they have ****** taste in film perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"