Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hype for this movie was dull...

The marketing for this movie was dull...

The movie itself ended up being dull...

I mean... a year on, it's clear that this movie was completely by the numbers and had no life about it whatsoever. :dry:

I seen it in cinema and I own it on Blu-ray... So I have seen it twice and the only reason i would ever feel the need to stick it back on any time soon would be to see Hugh Jackman and his very sincere performance.

I quite liked the film. There were things that could have been improved on, however, it's certainly not as bad as people make it out to be. I prefer it over TLS.

X2 is a good Wolverine Movie. This though was just a big mess from start to finish.

watching it again, it could of been loads better

i believe it shouldnt of been branching out towards characters like gambit and emma and scott, they should of stuck to the weapon X characters and explored them alot more

hugh jackman thinks he knows how the fans want wolverine to act but oddly enough he played it better in x1 and x2 when he wasnt fully aware of the characters popularity

and the film in general is badly written, its just really flawed

Well, I see the motivation behind having Scott's little role in there, but, I don't know why...out of any character, why Emma had to be Kayla's sister. Gambit's role, I didn't mind as it served the story and it shut up a lot of fans. :p

I was really unhappy with this movie. It's less about Wolverine's origin and more about throwing a bunch of random mutants at us to distract us from the lack of story going on in the movie.

The special effects are piss poor, the acting isn't much better and would it have killed anyone on the set to do a little research on the source material? I know the movie was trying to appeal to a broader audience rather than just comic book fans, but you don't want to alienate anyone either and it seems that's exactly what this movie did.

I hope they right the wrongs of the first film in the sequel, whether or not I pay to see it, time will tell. I was hoodwinked by the trailer the first time around, next time I'll have to be a bit more cautious it seems.

So, after re-watching this recently, I move it down to a 5-6. I had 0 expectations last year, so I admit I was a little surprised with the film, but after I had time to reflect upon it, it's just meh.

hugh jackman thinks he knows how the fans want wolverine to act but oddly enough he played it better in x1 and x2 when he wasnt fully aware of the characters popularity

I think you might have hit the nail on the head with that. :doh:

wow who makes a rich white girl sister with a native american, and how can anyone capture the White Queen!? shes mentally as powerfull as Prof. X! wtf!?

oh and they really fckd up Gambit and Deadpool! xP well basically all the characters except Logan but even then he wasnt up to parr with the comic book Logan, but acceptionally well played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"