Deadpool Rate 'Red Band' Deadpool Trailer 2

One of the best trailers in the history of comic book movies imo

The first trailer was an 8 and so was this one, even though it's a hair better.

I still don't have any idea of plot, other than Wade's origin. I think they need to give something. It's getting pretty close. This isn't a brand name like Star Wars, you can't just give a couple punch lines and expect people to rush to theatres for an already tough to sell R-rated "superhero" film. Quotations are needed bc it's Deadpool. Heh.

I will say this trailer made me like Negasonic Teenage Warhead more.

I'm giving it a nine. I'm not sure that the "rescue the girlfriend while defeating the guys who created me" plot is all that fresh or interesting, but getting there looks like it will be fun.

Are we really giving this a 9 or 10 out of 10? As awesome as this may look to comic book fans, it's leaning a little too hard into the juvenile humor that will definitely alienate a sizable majority of viewers. So as a trailer I definitely cannot give this top marks. I've been on board this whole time and I still am, but that red band trailer screamed of trying a little too hard.

Last edited:
See: Deadpool.

It just looks fun, in a very violent and very course way. And the trailer had some new shots of the action, which still looks great. I'm sure there are a few who voted high, just because of the looks and "omg, mutant powers".

My only issue is, at this point, I'm not all that sure what lines are actually in the movie. Which, considering comedy trailers in the past, may not necessarily be a bad thing.

I'm giving it a 9 and I cannot wait. I'm sick of safe CBM's.

Are we really giving this a 9 or 10 out of 10? As awesome as this may look to comic book fans, it's leaning a little too hard into the juvenile humor that will definitely alienate a sizable majority of viewers. So as a trailer I definitely cannot give this top marks. I've been on board this whole time and I still am, but that red band trailer screamed of trying a little too hard.

So what if it alienates some viewers, it looks like its representing Deadpool as fans want (and that wont appeal to everyone), hence a 9 or a 10. If Deadpool looked like he did in Origins and was "safe" then yeah we would be rating it 1 or 2 and we can all hate on FOX some more, but this looks like fun which is what this film is aiming for.

Deadpool is pretty much the most juvenile comic book character going, there is no changing that, otherwise he isnt Deadpool anymore. That wont appeal to some and so they will/should avoid it. This looks like a film aimed at Deadpool fans more than the masses trying to sell merchandise to kids.

Last edited:
10/10

It's hard to imagine a better trailer.

I watch it all the time, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"