Dark Phoenix Rate the 1st trailer of dark phoeniX

Set the right mood.

I don't like the choice to use a (flat) cover of Doors' the end (in the leaked there was the original)

Yeah, the cover was terrible. Even worse than having the real thing, which I thought was a rather obvious and lazy choice.

i am not good with rating things.
I liked the trailer.

Difficult for me to nail down an exact score.

It looked visually polished (nice cinematography), though lacking in any real sci-fi excitement.

And I thought Genosha looked crap. The best Magneto can do is create some sort of overgrown wasteland with what looked like a shanty town of ramshackle huts?

Selene is a cross between Arclight and Psylocke?

It was a bit underwhelming, and very reminiscent of X3, but on the other hand all this stuff is so typical of this franchise.

And I thought Genosha looked crap. The best Magneto can do is create some sort of overgrown wasteland with what looked like a shanty town of ramshackle huts?
Yup. Looks very low budget and difficult to believe Magneto would put in such a lousy effort when he's lifted stadiums and nearly destroyed the world's infrastructure with his power.

I think this is Kinberg sticking to his vision of a more grounded, realistic tone. Not saying it's something I agree with, but I think it came down to a creative choice versus a budgetary caveat.

there was a money issue, guys. The original plan/desire was to do a two part, but XMA numbers hurt this idea and Fox decided to do this story in just one sequel.

I hightly doubt Kinberg, Parker or anyone at Fox would confirm this publicly, but this is the inside word.

Yup. Looks very low budget and difficult to believe Magneto would put in such a lousy effort when he's lifted stadiums and nearly destroyed the world's infrastructure with his power.

Also consider that Magneto, together with Jean Grey, rebuilt the X-mansion within a day.

If only he had 10 years to build a whole utopian community in Genosha. Alas he was only given 9 years...

Last edited:
there was a money issue, guys. The original plan/desire was to do a two part, but XMA numbers hurt this idea and Fox decided to do this story in just one sequel.

I hightly doubt Kinberg, Parker or anyone at Fox would confirm this publicly, but this is the inside word.
well we know how concerned FoX is with their money.

they should've gone back to the X1 hideout that Magneto built. They could have filmed a lot of stuff indoors and just reused the same X1 footage of the island from outdoors or something similar.

I always thought Asteroid M was the right way to go for Magneto's mutant nation. It's literally above humankind (which is what he preaches) but it sometimes comes crashing right back down to ground level. That's also pretty ambitious. And I feel it fits the Fox universe more than Genosha would because X-Men started out with more of a sci-fi feel

So far, the trailer hit the 16 million views mark.

Low in comparison with the Apocalypse teaser (54) and trailer (30).

16m is pretty awesome for a Simon Kinberg directed cbm.

I doubt Fox was expecting 40 or 50m in the first 2 months.

16m is pretty awesome for a Simon Kinberg directed cbm.

I doubt Fox was expecting 40 or 50m in the first 2 months.

Yeah. ANYWAY, the 'Apocalypse' teaser made 54 million views in 3 years, not 3 months.

So far, the trailer hit the 16 million views mark.

Low in comparison with the Apocalypse teaser (54) and trailer (30).
Endgame - 74 million
The Lion King - 56 million
Pikachu - 52 million
Shazam - 25 million
Aladdin / Godzilla - 23 million
Dark Phoenix - 16 million

And those numbers are just from the video uploaded by the studio in their yt channel. Well Dark Phoenix's view count is higher than the trailers for the upcoming family movies but that doesn't mean anything especially when Apocalypse's 1st trailer was one of the most viewed trailers in 2016 yet it was outgrossed by so many films.

"but this is normal because..."
"but Fox's teaser....."
"but its only some weeks old..."
"but Kinberg said..."

This movie will suck. It's just X3 repeated. No phoenix cosmic entity even...another Jean goes schizo again. All they have to do is give her some meds and she will be A-OK.

Why Disney is allowing this pile of crap to be released on their watch is beyond me.

^ i would second this IF that's what's planned for New Mutants.

In my speculation, Disney probably wants to scrap both films but to compromise with foX they are only shelving 1 film.

Disney shelves the New Mutants (which isn't a sequel to a previous film) while foX still gets to release Dark PhoeniX in theaters but in a crowded month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"