Rate the 2nd Trailer

Reaction score
I think this one gives a better feel of the movie compare to the teaser. But I liked the editing of the teaser more.

I wish Gorr looks more comic-booky and surprisingly there weren't enough Guardians in the movie. But more Jane is a big plus and the joke in the end was nice.

The editing on this trailer was lackluster for me and it didn’t all came together as well as I wanted, but the overall content of the trailer is pretty great and exciting which bows well for the movie as a whole just that it was a bit too much and too uneven to cram in a short 2 minute trailer.

The visuals, action and characters are the highlights for me while the comedy is decent, I also think that the overall story and the dramatic elements will deliver but are being kept mostly under wraps.

The Guardians were all over the teaser trailer. You didn't need as much of them here.

A 7 from me.
Looks fun, too much humour in the trailer to sway me higher but I'm hoping it has at least the level of balance of Ragnarok.

Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of the amount of humour in Ragnarok (still loved it) so I'm really hoping they aren't doubling down.

Also truthfully, it frankly doesn't matter what trailer they show, I'm there day one regardless.

Trailer really got me more interested/hyped for the film than I was after the disappointment from some of the last few Thor outings for me.

10/10

6/10 for me

It's not bad. There's some good elements packed in there and nice that they are having fun with it. But at this stage unlike Ragnarok I'm not really engaged with the villain. Jane Foster is better than I thought she'd be in this which is cool. And ended with a "you could not get away with having this moment in a trailer if it was a female character" moment.

But hey, at least Thor's long hair is back :). It's a solid trailer. I'm just not blown away by it.

I gave it a 7. There's some good bits, but the whole doesn't work as well as the ones for Ragnarok, which probably revealed a bit too much. And the Gorr scenes don't fit all that well with the rest of the trailer.

I enjoyed this one more than the first, but I think the first was a better trailer. The Gorr parts did NOT fit the rest of the trailer at all, even though I enjoyed them and thought they looked good they felt out of place tonally. Jane Foster Thor was suprisingly among the highlights for me along with the fact that Gods were a big theme of the trailer and not that lame TDW science mumbo jumbo.

I give it 7.5 as a trailer since the editing and tone were all over the place, but a 9 for my personal enjoyment. Thor pulling the Guardians ship and the fact that they'll be fighting Gorr in space has me hyped up. When Thor motioned for Gorr to "come get some" I smiled ear to ear.

Last edited:
Not really feeling it. There's been subpar CG in nearly every MCU flick since 2010, but this takes the cake. I honestly don't understand how this looks worse than Ragnarok, which released nearly five years ago. With the budget a film like this has there's simply no excuse.

It was hard for me to focus on the trailer itself because of that, which is a shame. But like others have said, the Gorr stuff didn't mesh well with the (lame) humor, and just came off as disjointed.

I'm still on the fence about seeing it in theaters, I guess I'll wait on further footage and reviews to decide.

6/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"