Rate the Ant-Man teaser trailer

It teased, it briefly showed the stakes, the different characters of the universe, showed some action, showed some interaction between pym and lang and lang and van dyne, showed some comedy.

Decent for a teaser neither very good nor very bad

I'd say it was 3/5.

I've never had any interest in the character at all but the casting makes me want to see it.

My thoughts.

Positives:
-Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas
-The writing, and the build-up it created.
-If it is going to be a more serious film, it looks like it will do it more than competently.

Negatives:
-Unexceptional. Doesn't look particularly emotional, or exciting, or badass, or funny, etc, and doesn't leave much of an impression.
-The same sterile cinematography in many MCU films.
-The same generic percussion hits in the music of several recent MCU trailers.
-Some of the camera angles, art-direction, and cg in the shrunken scenes accentuate the artifice and make it cartoony, which jars a little with the seriousness of the rest of the trailer (though who knows if the movie will be this serious).

2.5/5 (3/5 in the poll).

To be fair, I think most of the MCU trailers (save a couple of the Guardians' trailers and AOU) are pretty meh, which is not always indicative of how I feel about the films. I still think this could be awesome.

Last edited:
I'd give it about a 4/5, it showed everything it needed to do and considering I haven't ever been interested in Ant-Man, it was able to boost my intrigue substantially to make me even more hyped for the film.

Gave it a 4/5. I really enjoyed it, don't know much about Ant-Man so it did its job as a teaser. Makes me wanna see more and I can't wait for it.

I thought it was okay. It didn't make me excited, but I'm sure my feeling for the movie will change when the full trailer is out, hopefully. I really love the Ant-Man suit, and it was cool to see him riding an ant.

Garbage trailer. The Flash TV trailers are better than this.
But, its just a trailer. I love the shots of him riding on the Ant.
But as far as editing and excitment its an absolutely rushed trailer. Almost reminds me of that first awful Green Lantern trailer. They should take a page out of Mad Maxs trailers. Just wait until you have time to edit a nice one.

Still somewhat excited.

Poor, to be honest. It seemed generic, lacked focus and confidence, and even seemed a bit embarrassed at its own title. GOTG had a "ridiculous" concept too but by embracing its zaniness turned out to be a lot of fun. This looks like it is trying too hard to be taken seriously. Hopefully the next trailers will be better, because this seemed totally off tonally.

Nothing epic by any means, but it left me interested and wanting a lot more...so I'd say it was successful in doing what it was meant to do: tease.

I look forward to a full more fleshed out trailer to get a better idea of the tone they are going for and to see how it sets itself apart from the other superhero movies, though it's nice to see what little tonality we got showed that it's got a sense of humor for what in general seems like such a silly concept (i.e. an ant man...).

Last edited:
I'd give it a 2 out of 5. It was incredibly lackluster.

I enjoyed it but it was pretty generic.

Do you guys think this is the weakest trailer from Marvel so far?

It was okay. I certainly didn't dislike it but it didn't leave much of an impact.

Well it is just a teaser. I'm not sure the exact differences between "teaser" and "trailer" but I imagine the first real trailer will be quite a step up from this.

I thought it was amazing!
great showcase of Ant-Man's powers!
Awesome music!
Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas..need i say more?

Well it is just a teaser. I'm not sure the exact differences between "teaser" and "trailer" but I imagine the first real trailer will be quite a step up from this.

I imagine you're right about that.

Yeah they dropped the ball on this trailer. I'm optimistic for the movie itself but this should've been more like GOTG's first teaser. Something that defies all expectations and makes the audience go "I don't know what this is, but it's already won me over". This follows the typical superhero trailer formula too much and then subverts it awkwardly at the end. It's not confident.

Do you guys think this is the weakest trailer from Marvel so far?

I don't remember all the other 90 second teaser trailers.

But to be honest, my perception is different since I've seen those movies.

This perfect bell curve gives me an engineering *****

I try to have a larger allowance for teasers, given their fairly limited purpose, but this was still pretty meh. I couldn't get a proper grip on the tone. The shot of Lang riding the ant was really the only thing that stood out to me. Well, that and being way too giddy over the quick shot of little Stature. That actually spiraled into a number of thoughts about future MCU projects, including my wish that they'd started this off with Hank being active.

Eh. Still pretty stoked that they're even doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"