Rate the Ant-Man teaser trailer

They should have replaced Ant-Man riding the flying insect (not very cool) with something like that hallway fight scene from the test footage (very cool).

I liked it, especially the line at the end. Seems a bit more serious than I was expecting, though there's nothing wrong with that. Rudd and Douglas seem like they're doing good work here, as expected. The brief shots we see of Corey Stoll make me a bit sad that he isn't playing Lex Luthor, but whatever.

Odd complaint, but what's up with Evangeline's hair? Is that a wig?

Decent trailer............ but I was expecting more. I am expecting the 2nd trailer to hit the ball out of the park.

I think it was a good trailer. Not great, but I think it shows a movie that has promise.

I feel like the whole thing should've maybe been a voiceover just slowly panning closer and closer to Lang until we get right up to him in a full body shot, and he just shrinks. End teaser, bring up logo. I think nowadays they kinda wanna put everybody into the teasers with the footage they have, but that's what I would've done. I liked what I saw still.

They should have replaced Ant-Man riding the flying insect (not very cool) with something like that hallway fight scene from the test footage (very cool).

They did show Ant-Man throwing someone through a window in a brief flash.

I think we are going to see Ant-Man kick an army of Cross goons as at Pym Technologies headquarters.

I think the hallway test footage scene mixed with the Matrix lobby scene and Oldboy corridor fight with Ant-Man would be awesome.

I'm not surprised at all at some of the names in the poor category

Very disappointing. The movie seems very generic and the parts where he is riding the ant just looks silly to me. I think the test footage they showed back in 2012 was much better than this whole teaser.

Yeah, I don't think the trailer was bad or anything, just very formulaic
I had sad flashbacks to some of the Spidey trailers
You could insert any CBM character in, and the trailer would be pretty much exactly the same

Compare it to the first GOTG teaser which showed how different and interesting that film would be

Hope the film itself turns out more unique and fun than this

I don't know much about Ant-Man but I liked the trailer, I am more interested in this movie because of it.
Gave it a 4/5.

It is only a teaser. They will probably go balls out with the main trailer.

it does look like a very emotional/relationship type of movie with action. i think we are going to get alot of dialogue and then the final 30 mins or so will be pure action.

Corey Stoll seemed super excited about the action scenes in Ant-Man and Kevin Feige said Yellowjacket causes Havoc when he suits up.

McKay talked up a big action set piece in the middle of the film as well.

it does look like a very emotional/relationship type of movie with action. i think we are going to get alot of dialogue and then the final 30 mins or so will be pure action.

I didn't find the trailer terribly impressive but I liked some of the lines of dialogue, "to earn that look in your daughter's eyes, to become the hero that she already thinks you are", "it's not about saving our world, it's saving theirs".

The stakes are much more personal.

I've never liked Ant-Man as a character, he's my least favorite Avenger, I do love Wasp though. This trailer however got me really interested in this movie, which after all the fiasco with Edgar Wright, I figured was a throw away for Marvel.

I am now really excited for this film. The trailer has flaws for sure, for one thing the tone of the trailer probably doesn't reflect the film itself, which I figure to be comedic along the lines of Guardians. But peaking my interest it gets a 5/5.

The joke they were going for is to lead the audience into thinking it's another generic trailer with the voiceover about becoming a hero, etc. But it fell flat because they didn't do enough to subvert it at the end other than "can we change the name?", which was funny but didn't give the audience enough time to process it.

GOTG's teaser made a huge impact with "Hooked On A Feeling" and "what a bunch of a-holes" and it was obvious it was going to be subversive. This teaser doesn't give that vibe.

JAK®;30417179 said:
The joke they were going for is to lead the audience into thinking it's another generic trailer with the voiceover about becoming a hero, etc. But it fell flat because they didn't do enough to subvert it at the end other than "can we change the name?", which was funny but didn't give the audience enough time to process it.

GOTG's teaser made a huge impact with "Hooked On A Feeling" and "what a bunch of a-holes" and it was obvious it was going to be subversive. This teaser doesn't give that vibe.

Yeah, I was expecting something along the lines of the GOTG teaser (which I adored after it was debuted at Hall H).

I still have my hopes up about the movie though.

I voted poor.

Generic look and tone, mundane dialogue and no true wow moments. Reminds me of yawn inducing The Dark World trailers. It's not the end of the world that the teaser isn't good though because it's just a teaser. Too bad it didn't quell any of my fears but the full trailer might do that.

2/5

It was just meh, and Hank Pym looks like a Colonel Sanders wannabe.
Besides, nothing about this movie seems right or interesting....Hank Pym is an old guy, the villain is Yellowjacket which in turn is Darren Cross which in turn is Pym's former protégé...it's all a big mess, it looks like comic book movie from the 80s

2/5

Glad there making the film.I'll be there opening weekend, but that was very bland, and boring.

tumblr_nhsj8hSUqT1s5zf6fo3_1280.gif

3/5 decent. It did what teasers are supposed to do, introducing the concept without showing the entire film 6 months early. The full trailer should hopefully appease those who were underwhelmed.

Um, Ant-Man on the flying ant is his signature look in the comics.

Isildur´s Heir;30417599 said:
2/5

It was just meh, and Hank Pym looks like a Colonel Sanders wannabe.
Besides, nothing about this movie seems right or interesting....Hank Pym is an old guy, the villain is Yellowjacket which in turn is Darren Cross which in turn is Pym's former protégé...it's all a big mess, it looks like comic book movie from the 80s

I really liked the trailer but this made me chuckle! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"