Rate the Ant-Man teaser trailer

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by MessiahDecoy123, Jan 7, 2015.

?

Rate the trailer

1. 5/5 GREAT

2. 4/5 GOOD

3. 3/5 DECENT

4. 2/5 POOR

5. 1/5 TERRIBLE

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I finally saw the teaser... It intrigued me more than anything. I wish it were a little flashier, but it wet my appetite. For one thing it really in the little shown matched any of my expectations. Just seeing Pym reaching out to Lang was surprising. (Forgive me if this was common knowledge. I haven't been closely watching the production.) All in all I will wait for the full trailer to get a better idea of the film.

2. Fincher Coming Undone

My enthusiasm for the movie is lower than before I saw the teaser, so in that sense you might say it's poor. It was more heavy-handed than I would have expected, and then when it went for jokes at the end, they were weak. In terms of how good it makes the movie look, though, it was decent.

3. marcvader Lurker #1

‘Ant-Man’ trailer attracts a giant-sized 29 million views

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2015/01/09/ant-man-trailer-marvel-paul-rudd/

4. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

5. Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

6. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

First MCU trailer I haven't been overly impressed with, shame but this teaser didn't do it for me.

7. WingedAvenger89 Registered

Boring trailer. Kind of like the Age of Ultron trailer. Boring character. But at least Paul Rudd intrigues me.

8. MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

AoU trailer, boring?

When did your inner child die?

Was it painless, bro?

9. WingedAvenger89 Registered

Just my opinion. I don't think the AoU trailer was all that exciting.

10. Whiskey Tango Registered

Everything is 'boring' or 'corny' with this one.

If I hated superheroes that much I'd stick to ****** foreign films.

11. WingedAvenger89 Registered

Jumping to conclusions, much? I hate pretentious indie, or foreign films. I'm going to see this exclusively for Paul Rudd. Who next to Downey will be the most entertaining character in the MCU if they let him be himself. I love superhero films. Just because I am not in love with every character, decision, etc. doesn't mean superhero films aren't for me.

If you're insinuating I don't love the genre, why would I be here?

I am in smitten, heart pounding love with films such as: The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, Iron Man, Batman '89, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Blade.

In strong like with films such as: TDK Rises, Cap: Winter Soldier, Man of Steel, Blade 2, Iron Man 2, X-Men First Class, and X-Men DOFP.

Just because I think Ant-Man is a boring character, just because I think it was a lackluster trailer ... just because I felt Avengers was hideously overrated. Or that the AoU trailer didn't get my juices flowing.

Or because I think Whedon's Captain America is corny, and one of the worst on screen costumes ever. Or that the Vision in itself is a cheesy looking character, or that the design of Ultron is too goofy animated looking, while not being the least bit threatening doesn't mean I don't like the genre.

It simply means I have an opinion. At least I'm telling you why I love, like, or dislike vehemently with certain decisions, or films. So it's not trolling. It's just my strong opinions on subject matter. And isn't that what these boards are ment to be share? Opinions on superhero films? Or should it literally just be positive HYPE?

And that's my point. Avengers didn't live up to hype. IMO, of course. It's a really cheesily looking, and written film thanks to Joss Whedon.

12. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

We may get an Avengers: Age Of Ultron trailer but do you think we will get a different Ant-Man teaser trailer during the Super Bowl?

13. def28 Registered

Probably not. Ant Man just wrapped last month, so alot of effect work needs to be done. Doubt they have much ready.

I'd say another two or three months for the next trailer. Fast 7 would be a great attachment.

14. MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

No, it's too soon.

15. Octoberist point blank

I think it did for most people because something like this has never been done before. It was an event. That's why, maybe in time, the film won't hold up if ya compare it to its (future) sequels or Justice League, but it's the first of its kind and broke new ground. If you step back a bit, it's mind-blowing how Marvel proved some folks wrong and made the films they wanted to, AND build it all up to the Avengers.

16. StreetWarrior Respectfully disagreeing.

I'm really pulling for this movie but the teaser was just so bland and unimpressive. Marvel has an uphill battle on their hands in generating interest for such a b/c list character. They have got to put out a more action-focused trailer before the movie launches or I'm afraid this will flop. I want this to be good so bad, if for no reason other than to shut up the idiots who roll their eyes at the mention of Ant-Man as a character. This first trailer, while not bad, has done nothing to instill me with confidence in this project.

17. Brownbear Right to Arm Bear's

I really love this teaser.. for the people saying they hated this trailer.. it wasnt a trailer guys lol. The teaser was just a tease. And it was fantastic. the suit was great. and flying on an Ant was great to see. do you think we get to see him grow 50 feet tall in this movie? lol

18. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

And watch in July when people start gushing about how awesome the movie is. I have pretty much learned that trailers always lie.

19. Farren Side Kicker

3/5. Very meh and 2-worthy, but I bumped it up to a 3 because I liked the ants and because Douglas and Rudd's performances look good.

20. Brownbear Right to Arm Bear's

exactly just like GOTG

21. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I agree, it certainly wasnt a bad trailer, but there were no WOW moments, which every teaser/trailer needs and in fairness which Marvel normally delivers with their. For some reason it wasnt here. Its just meh really.

I hope the next trailer knocks it out of the park.

The GOTG teaser was much better than this one. And personally speaking, and I would have said this even before GOTG came out, James Gunn is much more talented than Peyton Reed IMO.

22. Whiskey Tango Registered

Their tickets are practically bought and their asses might as well already be in the seat.

23. The Whizzer Registered

It's possible to watch and enjoy both.

24. Whiskey Tango Registered

Impossible. No one enjoys foreign films!

25. Human Torch Registered

Not even foreigners?:wow: