Rate the Comic Con trailer

My favorite trailer since the first Avengers one. Everything I could have hoped for since Taika was announced. Love the retro (Kirby) vibe and color palette. Spectacular.

Totally agree with this vibe. Most excited I've been for a Marvel film in a long long time.

Visual were cool but the tone is just all wrong for me and exactly what I feared/expected from Waititi. It seems as if everyone speaks with ironic snark, even Hela. I really can't stand how Thor talks like someone from a sitcom. Not only is it wrong for the character, but it's out of line from how he's been portrayed in past MCU films.

It was nice to finally see Hulk speak, but again not a fan of the banter. And the team-up aspect seems like a retread of TDW.

Still on the fence about seeing this. Guess I'll wait for reviews and see what the balance is between drama and comedy.

Visual were cool but the tone is just all wrong for me and exactly what I feared/expected from Waititi. It seems as if everyone speaks with ironic snark, even Hela. I really can't stand how Thor talks like someone from a sitcom. Not only is it wrong for the character, but it's out of line from how he's been portrayed in past MCU films.

It was nice to finally see Hulk speak, but again not a fan of the banter. And the team-up aspect seems like a retread of TDW.

Still on the fence about seeing this. Guess I'll wait for reviews and see what the balance is between drama and comedy.

You know I actually share some of these reservations but everything else looks so good that I remain stubbornly optimistic. Thor's spent quite a bit of time on Earth with Jane, Selvig and the other Avengers so maybe some colloquialisms are rubbing off. Not a huge stretch of the imagination to buy into the idea at any rate. His character certainly shouldn't stagnate.

Here's hoping the film strikes the right balance - pushing Thor in new and interesting directions while remaining true to his character. Waititi won me over the day he said that in a movie called "Thor" - Thor needs to be the most interesting character.

Love the little Taika touches like Banner's Duran Duran 'Rio' T-shirt. Number #1 chart topping song off that album was Hungry Like The Wolf.

You know I actually share some of these reservations but everything else looks so good that I remain stubbornly optimistic. Thor's spent quite a bit of time on Earth with Jane, Selvig and the other Avengers so maybe some colloquialisms are rubbing off. Not a huge stretch of the imagination to buy into the idea at any rate. His character certainly shouldn't stagnate.

Here's hoping the film strikes the right balance - pushing Thor in new and interesting directions while remaining true to his character. Waititi won me over the day he said that in a movie called "Thor" - Thor needs to be the most interesting character.

This is my first time hearing of this and I am even more excited for the film.

For me it was the most amazing part of an amazing trailer.

Same, but I suppose it's not as important to non Thor fans lol.

Also seeing our two avy's right above each other is a sight to behold. :thor:

Last edited:
Same, but I suppose it's not as important to non Thor fans lol.

Also seeing our two avy's right above each other is a sight to behold. :thor:

Dang right it is. Thor is my second favourite Marvel character after Spider-Man so seeing that part was glorious.

10/10. Not even a question. This is the best MCU trailer I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"