Days of Future Past Rate the Days of Future Past trailer

Disappointed with the trailer as a whole. Loved some of the footage though.

5/10

8 / 10. Solid teaser. Not the best I've ever seen, but enough to make me even more excited for this film.

At first, I was kinda disappointed because when I was watching it for the first time, I was like "is this similar to the leaked footage that I saw like 2 months ago... well DUH!". BUT.... its still a good trailer and I liked the footage I haven't seen before. I just wish the trailer had a different music, its a bit boring to be quite honest and I'm not blown away with the camera shots and cinematography. I guess going with the 70s feeling probably had something to do with that especially the coloring. And the logo of X-Men DOFP is too simple, I wish they played with that just for the wow factor! I feel like they should have went all out with the 1st trailer but they didn't.

So I'm giving this trailer a 6/10.

Not impressed.....just a bunch of people close-ups......a lot of low tone talking..........not enuff of what people want to see........Sentinels......Cyclops,

Take a note from Capt America

I can't believe all the lackluster responses to the trailer on here. I would have given it a 10 if it wasn't for the bad editing with Wolverine screaming. I guess I'm on the other side of the fence, I'm happy to see that this movie is going to have heart and pathos. This trailer showed great acting, dialogue and what seems to be a great story brewing. I'm not worried about the action scenes, they'll be there. I guess people just wanted to see a little Sentinel action?

Not impressed.....just a bunch of people close-ups......a lot of low tone talking..........not enuff of what people want to see........Sentinels......Cyclops,

Cyclops we probably wont see in a trailer and we wasn't gonna see sentinels in this trailer bryan singer already said that

I'm thinking that there are two reasons why the Sentinels aren't in the trailer.
1. Some of the effects might not be done of them yet.
2. They're saving them as a surprise for the audience.

9/10 for me, I LOVE the tone and every single thing that comes out of Sir Patrick Stewart's mouth is epically awesome. Also, Young Xavier's rant about the future was cool as well.

Why in the world would you think Cyclops was going be in this?!?! :huh:

Why in the world would you think Cyclops was going be in this?!?! :huh:

I can see it now. A HUGE BACKLASH because peopole got themselves to expect something that was never anounced to be in the movie :doh:

I didn't really expect to see the Sentinels but a tease of them at the end, like their eyes would have been perfect for a TEASER trailer. I feel like they could have done so much better just like with the 1st trailer for The Wolverine.

And the music is really not good. I expected it to be upbeat especially the music they used for the teaser of the teaser trailer was upbeat.

But I do appreciate that we finally got HQ shots of the footages we saw few months ago.

If Cyclops is indeed in this film at some point, and that's a very big IF, then they might want to make it a nice surprise. It kind of kills the point of the surprise if you put him in the bloody trailer.

I didn't really expect to see the Sentinels but a tease of them at the end, like their eyes would have been perfect for a TEASER trailer. I feel like they could have done so much better just like the 1st trailer for The Wolverine.

And the music is really not good. I expected it to be upbeat especially the music they used for the teaser of the teaser trailer was upbeat.
You expected a film about a post-Apocalyptic future where Mutants are being hunted to extinction by giant killer robots, as well as featuring a spiritually broken Xavier/ uber-ruthless Magneto in the past, to have upbeat music, REALLY? That would have been very tonally inappropriate to me.

You expected a film about a post-Apocalyptic future where Mutants are being hunted to extinction by giant killer robots, as well as featuring a spiritually broken Xavier/ uber-ruthless Magneto in the past, to have upbeat music, REALLY? That would have been very tonally inappropriate to me.

Umm yes, sir. DOFP is also an action film.

Did you hear the music they used for the teaser of the teaser trailer? it was upbeat. And that music background made me more excited about the trailer.

And the mozart's requiem that they used in X2's trailer was upbeat too and its one of the things I liked about X2's trailer.

Just because bad things are happening in the film, it doesn't mean they can't use an upbeat sound especially for a trailer.

If Cyclops is indeed in this film at some point, and that's a very big IF, then they might want to make it a nice surprise. It kind of kills the point of the surprise if you put him in the bloody trailer.

I still can't believe anyone thought Cyclops would be in the trailer.

Where're those guys come from?
Read his post. My reaction -> facepalm.
Next saw his rate 4/10 -> double facepalm.

I wonder if he expect Hela in The Dark World or Coulson in Winter Soldier.
But I will really laugh at this guy at May if we have Cyclops cameo.

I still can't believe anyone thought Cyclops would be in the trailer.

Hope springs eternal. In fairness expecting to see the Sentinels wasn't an unrealistic expectation. I suspected we'd get the SDCC footage again with maybe a few extras scenes so I wasn't shocked by no Sentinels. But I can understand why some people are disappointed about that.

Cyclops is a bit out there but hey ho.

Cyclops would be great, but I doubt he's in the final film even for 1 second.

If you're referring to Winter Soldier trailer, I'm...glad this one wasn't done in similar fashion. I loved to see/hear my old beloved characters build the mood with simple, well delivered lines and I liked how the trailer only gives short 0,5-second hints to the action itself.
Winter Soldier's trailer, for me, was just boring. Explosions and action. Fine, but why should I care? Of course I am a little biased towards DOFP in general, but the trailer of WS did not make me want to see the movie, at least not in the theaters.

Not saying you're wrong, we just probably have different taste.

About the end of the world, basically.

They setup the tone nicely with the music.

Back In 2002 the X2 teaser setup nicely that was film about mutants under
attack.

People have right to dislike teaser if they want but I don't get
1:Complaning this Is basiclly comic con preview when most haven't seen that both fully and clear
2:Music.Teasers 99 percent of time don't have final music of film

I keep telling people this was likely to the comic con footage.

So far promation Is kinda mirroring X2.Except a lot more action In the final
trailer In february.

6.5/10

Solid trailer but pretty forgettable. The best is yet to come though.

They setup the tone nicely with the music.

Back In 2002 the X2 teaser setup nicely that was film about mutants under
attack.

People have right to dislike teaser if they want but I don't get
1:Complaning this Is basiclly comic con preview when most haven't seen that both fully and clear
2:Music.Teasers 99 percent of time don't have final music of film

I keep telling people this was likely to the comic con footage.

So far promation Is kinda mirroring X2.Except a lot more action In the final
trailer In february.

Some people hadn't seen the footage before and are still underwhelmed. That's life. I doubt Singer really expected the trailer to blow everyone away. He wouldn't have explained himself in advance on Twitter about it being a character trailer if he wasn't already aware it would be a let down to some fans.

This trailer was to set the tone. It needed upbeat music as much as The Walking Dead needs a laugh track.

This trailer was to set the tone. It needed upbeat music as much as The Walking Dead needs a laugh track.

Agreed. Watched it a couple more times. It's building on me. Didn't even notice Wolverine stabbing someone in the neck at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"