Days of Future Past Rate the Days of Future Past trailer

1st IM3 trailer had about 25 mill views in its first few days. Ended up around 55 mill total
1st man of Steel trailer about 18 mill, ended up around 36 mill
1st Thor trailer, about 8 mill, ended with 16 mill

Cap trailer had about 13 mill in its first 2 days.

Bad time to compare, lets compare DOFP trailer with full CGI.

It was alright, nothing special.

Were these outside people already fans of X-Men though, or have seen the previous movies?

Because if this movie wants to be truly huge, it will need to appeal to people who have never had a previous interest in X-Men.

This is the 7th Film in the Franchise. If they wearn't interested in the othèr six installments, chances are they won't be interested in this one either.

I get trying to appeal to those still unknown to the series but when you're 7 films deep already, they become less of a priority.

There comes a point in every Film franchise where shouldn't continue to be slavish to those who know nothing of the franchise to this point. It's like coming into a series by watching the last installment first. Do the filmmakers owe it to that audience to explain and introduce everything to them so they understand the context of the film? Absolutely not.

8.. pretty emotional but next will be more exciting

This is the 7th Film in the Franchise. If they wearn't interested in the othèr six installments, chances are they won't be interested in this one either.

I get trying to appeal to those still unknown to the series but when you're 7 films deep already, they become less of a priority.

There comes a point in every Film franchise where shouldn't continue to be slavish to those who know nothing of the franchise to this point. It's like coming into a series by watching the last installment first. Do the filmmakers owe it to that audience to explain and introduce everything to them so they understand the context of the film? Absolutely not.

FOX didn't spend $200 million plus to bring back Singer & the original cast in order to appeal to tried and true X-Men fans. They're not introducing time travel and giant mutant hunting robots into a formerly fairly grounded series in order to attract people who were going to go see it anyway.

This one was to expand the audience, to bring the box office totals up to Spider-Man, Iron Man and, if everything fell into place, perhaps even Avengers level. In order to do that it needed a hook to tell the audience what makes it different than the previous installments. Something like, I don't know, giant mutant hunting robots. And if Singer and FOX didn't have them ready, sit on the trailer until you do.

This one was to expand the audience, to bring the box office totals up to Spider-Man, Iron Man and, if everything fell into place, perhaps even Avengers level. In order to do that it needed a hook to tell the audience what makes it different than the previous installments. Something like, I don't know, giant mutant hunting robots. And if Singer and FOX didn't have them ready, sit on the trailer until you do.

Yeah, it's too bad that this trailer will be the only promotional material used to market the movie. No other trailers, no TV spots, no posters, no product tie-ins. No other opportunities to showcase the Sentinels. It's this trailer and only this trailer. Movie: failed. :whatever:

Yeah, it's too bad that this trailer will be the only promotional material used to market the movie. No other trailers, no TV spots, no posters, no product tie-ins. No other opportunities to showcase the Sentinels. It's this trailer and only this trailer. Movie: failed. :whatever:

No one on this thread is even remotely implying that Movie: failed. Some of us are saying that Trailer: failed. Read the thread title. Singer and FOX should have kept this one in their pocket until they had a couple of "wow" moments to reveal.

FOX can't market the movie through product tie-ins unless Disney/Marvel allows it, which is extremeley unlikely in a spring/summer featuring ASM2, CA:TWS and GOTG.

No one on this thread is even remotely implying that Movie: failed. Some of us are saying that Trailer: failed. Read the thread title. Singer and FOX should have kept this one in their pocket until they had a couple of "wow" moments to reveal.

FOX can't market the movie through product tie-ins unless Disney/Marvel allows it, which is extremeley unlikely in a spring/summer featuring ASM2, CA:TWS and GOTG.

Oh God:doh: I have been trying to move away from X-m VS Disney/MS debates
and you just have to start them up away:whatever:

10 million views in 2 days is amazing.

The GA seems to love the trailer.It has been liked by the 96% of the people.

How much of those who watched the trailer though were the general audience?

I kinda get an impression that people take "GA" as "everyone outside this forum". But X-Men have a huge international fanbase and fans discuss the X-Men movies on mainstream entertainment sites etc.

My Spanish co-worker asked me about the new X-men movie and she doesn't watch English tv.

I asked her where she saw it but she didn't remember cause she was doing laundry at the time.

^^^ I'm sorry that made me laugh!

T"Challa;27126343 said:
1st IM3 trailer had about 25 mill views in its first few days. Ended up around 55 mill total
1st man of Steel trailer about 18 mill, ended up around 36 mill
1st Thor trailer, about 8 mill, ended with 16 mill

Cap trailer had about 13 mill in its first 2 days.

Right now DOFP is close to 14 million and currently has more LIKES and less DISLIKES than the Captain America. Which is weird because of Captain America is already close to 20 million views.

DOFP
Views: 13,786,370
Dislikes: 3,217

TWS
Views: 19,647,360
Dislikes: 3,306

And take note, FOX has uploaded a dozen of trailer for DOFP with subtitles of different languages. Imagine if they stuck with 1 trailer.

Last edited:
I went to see Thor 2 today and they DID NOT screen the DoFP trailer in front of it :csad:

Instead we got that dreadful Gravity (the trailer for which consists of Sandra Bullock endlessly gasping in space like she's having an orgasm, using up all her oxygen and forgetting any astronaut training she may have had).

Thor 2 was solid, fun, entertainment. I agree with the various niggles raised about it but it was a fun ride nonetheless with excellent special effects and a grand scale that made it looks very expensive.

Your entire post was about how this movie won't be able to pull in new fans, so yeah, you were most definitely suggesting movie: failed. You're simply backtracking because you realize how much you overreacted.

The trailer was shown when I went to watch Thor 2. It had more energy from the crowd when compared to Cap 2's trailer.

Both trailers felt like old news by the time Thor was out. Should have caught the Cap 3D one. Kind of miss theatre exclusive trailers in a way.

My friends and family didn't like the DOFP trailer. But they really don't care about most the X-Men characters, and are so behind on all the flicks besides First Class that Im not surprised. The cast is getting them there. They really like Jackman, Lawrence, Mcavoy, Berry, Dinklage and Fassbender alot.

As of now my parents are convinced Prof X (Mcavoy) is the bad guy. They are gonna be shocked when robots start ****ing up everything haha.

Last edited:
My family loved the trailer, they were like omg that looks great.
Its true, its emotional, dark and gritty. It gives me gossebumps.it displays the characters and what the movie is about, that's what a teaser is for. The next trailer could get all the FX and badass moments!

I wish the DoFP trailer had been on The Wolverine Blu-ray, I never got to see the trailer on the big screen as it was not attached to any films I saw locally.

I will be going to see whatever film the next trailer is attached to haha

I wish the DoFP trailer had been on The Wolverine Blu-ray, I never got to see the trailer on the big screen as it was not attached to any films I saw locally.

I havent seen it on the theatre either, and Ive seen plenty of movies in the latest months, so I dont understand what the hell Fox is doing on my country.

I watched Thor 2, Hunger Games, The Hobbit 2 and more, and NONE had the trailer :doh:

I really hope that changes with the second one, because... :whatever:

Last edited:
I will be going to see whatever film the next trailer is attached to haha

With my luck with trailers, I'll never get to see it in theatres. Even the ones it's actually "attached" to! :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"