Eternals Rate the ETERNALS Teaser Trailer

Reaction score
9. I don't like the song and the joke at the end but the movie looks different from previous comic book movies. Me likey.

The song won't be in the movie, and the joke at the end might not even be in the movie but only for the trailer so audiences can see it's connected to the rest of the MCU.

8 - Didn't like the joke either and while the trailer makes the movie seem interesting, I wasn't wow'd by it.

I liked it, other than the ending. The kind of, "hey we're part of Marvel just for your information!"

6. Trailer is good looking and gets across the basic concept but gets none of the characters, conflicts, or themes across. The joke in the tag falls flat too.

It's only a teaser.

I give it a 6. It was ok.

6 i found it very average almost cheap not first weekend material looks like a straight to stream movie

I gave it a 6. I would have rated it a lot higher if there was at least one giant armored space god.

Nice trailer, still no clue what the movie is about or who the characters are.

I thought it was a beautiful trailer.

The joke felt out of place but wasn't a deal breaker.

Nothing interesting here. Another MCU movie to skip in theaters and watch...one day... someday... maybe...

Most of the MCU story inspiring books were long after I quit. Iron Man 2's touching on Demon in the Bottle being the last. I saw nothing to draw me in except to complete the MCU set.

5. For the first time in a long while, Marvel has released a teaser/first trailer that didn't really get me excited to see the film. They played too heavily on the cinematography and too little on what actually makes the Eternals special. Plus, without that final (sort of cringe-worthy) scene of them discussing the Avengers, I almost wouldn't have known it was tied into the MCU. Hoping the 2nd trailer is better at showcasing the characters.

I'm excited about many MCU movies of this Phase. But Eternals...And this trailer doesn't help.

I'd give a 5.

I gave the trailer a 10. It was instantly clear what Feige meant when he said that Zhao had beautifully composed every shot in-camera as opposed to using green screen and CGI. The sets looked organic and lived-in, which is somewhat unique in the genre. The costumes were excellent interpretations of Kirby's artwork.

While I understand that some people were disappointed that we weren't shown more details, I rather appreciated that. Too many trailers reveal every little thing about the plots of movies, which is irritating. There will be other trailers and TV spots galore to blow all of the Eternals' secrets. I'm happy to wait and enjoy the mystery for now.

Ugh, that final scene looks like them parodying a Marvel film in a very SNL way.

A 3 for me.

OK so the teaser was pretty much just that, a teaser. It hardly revealed anything. Hell we barely see a bad guy or fighting of any kind. It's there for like a quarter a of a second at best. But the music, my god do I love the music. That oldies song they have combined with the epic score really made me love the trailer so much more than I should. I think what they did show so far really gelled well with the music.

So with that said, I gotta give it a 8/10 personally. I know most won't feel that way nor am I interested in trying to convince anyone otherwise. I just really love the music and cinematography so far. I'm sure they will get us more reveals and excited with actual fight scenes in the official trailer.

I looked up the costumes from the comiXs and I wish the costumes in the film aren't too samey. Because if we turned their costumes into 1 color, they would all look the same. Kingo, Sersi, Ikaris, Ajak, Thena all have different looking costumes and some are more colorful than others. So I guess the costumes are my #1 criticism from the trailer, they don't look that inspired.

I would rate this a three. The teaser trailer killed the hype I had for this movie. I might be rating this teaser harshly but Marvel trailers typically reflect the final result. Samuel L. Jackson and the skrulls were the best part of the Captain Marvel teaser trailers and the film. Loki and Thor talking was the highlight of Thor the Dark World marketing and the only redeeming element in that film. Based on the teaser this film is in a similar vain to those films and so far outside the visuals it lacks any other interesting feature. In a first teaser trailer we should get a feel for the characters not a cliched ridden speech and a forced connection to the Avengers.

I didn't like the ship, not very kirby like. I just hope they don't ruin the celestials, Guardians of the Galaxy showed what they look like, thor ragnarok showed kirby style designed celestial armor, I hope the celestials look good.

I didn't like the ship, not very kirby like. I just hope they don't ruin the celestials, Guardians of the Galaxy showed what they look like, thor ragnarok showed kirby style designed celestial armor, I hope the celestials look good.
Well judging from the concept art, the Celestials should look faithful from the comiXs.

I was going to say 6 but was generous and gave it a 7.

The Avengers copycat scene at the end, abit high falutin showing Ikaris and Sersi through the decades but overall it seemed pretty good.

I liked it better than the Shang-Chi one that was trying to sell with a similar structured trailer to Black Panther just with Asian culture thrown in.

This trailer was ok. It will sell a lot of merchandise as their costumes are colorful and fanciful. The ship appearing at the beginning was my favorite part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"