Rate the first trailer for CAPTAIN MARVEL!

I think the movie looks great but the trailer didn't really do much to get me excited. It's more the editing and music, just didn't inspire that sense of awe like I was hoping.

A very solid trailer that if I have to score I would say is a strong 8. Very good tone with some very interesting curves thrown at anyone familiar with comic book Carol. It intrigued me lots and it visually looked way different than most Marvel films to me barring maybe Strange and IW.

I can't get the hate or disappointment from some. Thinking on the plot specifics they revealed Larson's line delivery makes perfect sense for a character unsure about the reliability of their memories. Obviously coming to terms with this is going to be a big part of her arc so she's not going to be in self assured kick butt mode for the entire run time. The trailer did its job by getting me pumped but begging lots of questions too. I really hope this trailer is indicative of the General tone and thrust of the film.

I'll give it an 8/10. Not my favorite Marvel Trailer by any stretch, but I was intrigued. I wasn't quite sure what direction they were going with this one. I had heard that this was not a typical origin story, ala, Danvers is Capt. Marvel at the beginning of the film but I do think it's interesting that she doesn't know her past, which makes me wonder what the time frame is when she was a test pilot. Good to see Coulson back in the movies and not just AOS.

It was...ok? Didn’t really get any sense of the movie, which I suppose is good (I’m sure they’ll give it all away by trailer 3 lol). Brie looks fine, the fx look fine, Fury & Coulson always a plus. I’d give it a 7.

How would everyone compare it to the trailers for the other debut trailers for heroes?

I think it’s better than Thor or Cap’s first trailer. On par with Dr. Strange. Not as good as Ant-man, BP, or Guardians.

5/10. Underwhelmed.

But then I know next to nothing about Captain Marvel, and I'm sure it'll make 800 million at the box office anyway :D

7/10

Really love the trailer music. Sam Jackson's look and narration is spot on as always. Brie looks good. Holy heck that mohawk and helmet, and blue glow gliding in space was sweet!

The weak points however are the cinematography and most likely, unfinished cgi. Mcu has been improving with recent films, but this looks more in line with TV quality. Hopefully, that'll improve. Although the trailer didn't show a wow action moment, I like that about it actually. Overall, it's good and I've got a good feeling about it.

Not as great as Guardians or Thor Ragnorak, but plenty to think about!

8/10

A 9 out of 10 for me: I loved it!!! Very excited for this movie. It's dark, and the music was very ominous, and I loved that, I loved Brie Larson's look, even wearing the sea-green outfit, and I'm warming up to the Skrulls (slowly). They look much better in the trailer in that brief clip than they did in the photo.

How would everyone compare it to the trailers for the other debut trailers for heroes?

I think it’s better than Thor or Cap’s first trailer. On par with Dr. Strange. Not as good as Ant-man, BP, or Guardians.

Much better than Ant-Man, Strange, and Thor. On par with Cap and BP. Guardians probably had the best MCU trailer ever though, haha.

Very lukewarm to the trailer. 6/10

I'm excited for the film but this was not a good first impression as far as teasers go. Brie came off very one note in the footage. She's better than that.

6/10 Didn't do anything like as much for me as I hoped.

Haven't watched it yet, but I'm expecting a solid 8

This gets a solid 8 from me. The 1st teasers Marvel issues are rarely ever 10/10 type trailers. Usually I feel slightly excited or slightly underwhelmed. This one has me slightly more excited. It is almost beat for beat the same as Black Panther's trailer in format. But this spoke more to me because of the subject matter. I love cosmic Marvel. Especially the Kree. I was wondering how this would build off what little we have seen of the Kree in GotG, and I like what I see.

4/10, underwhelming teaser trailer to say the least, other than the final shot there was nothing really hype worthy for me.

As a few others have pointed out Brie Larson seemed very flat in some of the shots & brief dialog.

For some reason, the whole thing gave me a strong MOS vibe. I wouldn't say I disliked it. It just didn't give me a lot that I felt excited about I guess.

8 very good first trailer almost gave it a 10 for that shot of helmeted captain marvel alone so freaking hyped.

Looked very generic, music was cliche, Brie didn't seem comfortable in the role (but very difficult to judge in a teaser), some of the costumes and filmmaking seemed kind of low rent...

I just dunno. There were a couple nice shots and nothing about it looked especially bad but it wasn't very inspiring, either. Definitely doesn't look like top-tier Marvel at this point.

This was all but the quintessence of what a teaser should be in my opinion. I liked it a lot. 8

I'm a woman, but Brie Larson in fighter pilot gear is enough to make me switch sides.

Upon further review i give this a 7.5. It´s a decent to good trailer.
Ragnarok still has hands down the best MCU trailer imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"