Rate the first trailer for CAPTAIN MARVEL!

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by psylockolussus, Sep 18, 2018.

?

Rate it!

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. x-er Registered

^ Me too! What would someone from the 90s say? I’m so f***ing stoked!

Give us some Nirvana and Radiohead :p

2. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I gave it an 8 since it's a solid trailer that doesn't exactly have a lot of "Wow" action moments but totally sucks me in with the focus on her and the film's settings while leaving a bunch of mystery still out there about her origins and the film's overall structure.

3. Mysteryman Registered

8 sounds about right.

4. kingcharmingman Registered

I give it a 3,
    Understandable this is first trailer, it doesnt show a lot and shouldnt show a lot,
    I'm expecting higher rating for second trailer.

Larson is a proven actor, based on her acting ability i'm more questioning the direction of filmmaker. They make some shots of Larson being kinda bland. Remember even natalie portman unable to elevate thor the dark world cos the story isnt interesting enough.
    I hope they know what to do with captain marvel character, also considering some political agenda out there, some people just want this character to fail.

I wish all female led superhero films can be successful or else we wont get more of them.

ciscostudent561 likes this.
  5. Swagneto Registered

Didn't love the trailer.

Thought it was too vague. When it comes to popular superheroes I think you have the luxury of being more subtle, but for a character that not many people know I think the trailer needed to communicate more. I didn't come away from it learning anything about her as a character OR her super powers. All I got from it was she's a woman.

Nothing in the trailer made it look must-see.

ciscostudent561 and Nathan like this.
  6. Guard82 Registered

I gave the trailer a 9 out of 10 because it got me intrigued without giving away too much about the story. The trailer sets up an interesting mystery about who exactly Carol Danvers is and what her origins are, and it colors the mystery with signs of the alien elements that play a part in Carol's history. The glimpses we get of the Kree and the Skrulls give us hints of the alien history at the heart of the story and which Carol is entangled in.

Carol herself seems like a very likable protagonist with lots of poise and dignity, which fits well with her military background and her reputation for courage. I liked the money shot of her at the end where her body is glowing with all the cosmic energy inside her. And of course, it was great seeing the younger versions of Nick Fury and Phil Coulson.

All in all, I'm excited for the film.

7. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I really liked the trailer.

8. Binary10 Registered

I thought the trailer was amazing 8.5 out of 10 from this trailer alone, I can see the potential of this being one the great comicbookmovie.

9. OroroGambitFan Registered

Upon first watch it was pretty lack luster but then I watched one of those trailer breakdowsn and didn't realize how much I missed... and it made me like the trailer a lot more. So after seeing it a few times I say a solid 8 for me.