Guardians of the Galaxy Rate The First Trailer

This film looks "cheap"? I've heard it all

I'm sick of having these marvel films with all the jokes and comedy...just make a serious and dark movie please

Sorry to break it to you but the GOTG comics have the same exact tone.

I'm sick of having these marvel films with all the jokes and comedy...just make a serious and dark movie please

I'm sick of certain comic book movies trying to be serious and dark. I'm glad the MCU is the way that it is. It's perfect. Darkness will come where it's necessary not when it's the fad of the day in movies and be forced into the film.

The movie looks beautiful and I'm glad that Joss got the same cinematographer for Avengers 2, thanks to James Gunn.

The movie looks beautiful and I'm glad that Joss got the same cinematographer for Avengers 2, thanks to James Gunn.

The one from T:TDW would've sufficed as well, but yeah I certainly agree.

I do think it would be a little nicer if they added some grain to make the images 'richer', but this will suffice.

With Thor 2, I think the cinematography suffered with the new last minted added scenes (When Loki turned into Captain America, etc.) and the way London was shot was just dreary and ugly. Otherwise it was a pretty film.

I'm sorry but that trailer is awful. A main problem is that first impressions are everything. Marvel waited and THIS was the best foot forward? That's a terrible terrible sign. It's no wonder they stayed far away from Super Bowl spots as they could. The bad buzz on Super Sunday after seeing a trailer like this would have instantly killed the film with general audiences.

I do think it would be a little nicer if they added some grain to make the images 'richer', but this will suffice.

With Thor 2, I think the cinematography suffered with the new last minted added scenes (When Loki turned into Captain America, etc.) and the way London was shot was just dreary and ugly. Otherwise it was a pretty film.

Agreed

I didn't care for how the newly added Loki scenes and London looked but that only counted for like 20 mins of the film.

But it was jarring. You can tell the new 'Loki' scenes were last minute due to the 'videoy' look that digital cameras can have.

I'm sorry but that trailer is awful. A main problem is that first impressions are everything. Marvel waited and THIS was the best foot forward? That's a terrible terrible sign. It's no wonder they stayed far away from Super Bowl spots as they could. The bad buzz on Super Sunday after seeing a trailer like this would have instantly killed the film with general audiences.

I've heard nothing but good buzz so far.

Welcome to the minority. You are literally the third person I have seen that have posted similar thoughts in the last week, out of hundreds and possibly thousands.

Sucks that you don't like it though. Everyone else is having a fun time. Maybe in time you can join us.

I like how people arbitrarily make **** up to go along with their opinion. I've also only seen about three people say the trailer was bad and they all said the same thing about the trailer getting negative feedback all over the internet. Makes me think it's the same guy. :funny:

I feel like I'm saying this over and over like a broken record.... you not liking the trailer is fair enough, but you not liking the trailer, therefore deciding that the trailer has tanked and it's getting bad buzz from everyone is plain factually inaccurate. There have been articles from mainstream movie news outlets commenting on what a hit this trailer has been and how well it's gone down. Thus far at least, the film's marketing is a major win for Marvel. So what you or I think about the film is immaterial: the notion of this trailer "killing the film for general audiences" is just untrue.

I'm sick of certain comic book movies trying to be serious and dark. I'm glad the MCU is the way that it is. It's perfect. Darkness will come where it's necessary not when it's the fad of the day in movies and be forced into the film.

Yeah, going hard on serious and dark can easily venture into unintentional comedy as well when the comic/superhero elements clash with it. We've seen examples of this already in some movies.

Gave it a seven. Characters standing on display in some...control room seemed a little stupid, but it looks like the movie is having some fun with itself. I have no experience of the material myself, but it does look pretty fun. In a perfect world, I'd easily see this kind of stuff with an R-rating, but raters gonna rate.

One of the characters is a racoon, if you want a dark, serious, R-rated movie with a talking racoon in it, then you will have a laughing stock on your hands.

If you're talking to me, you got me wrong. I didn't want darkness or seriousness, on the opposite. I liked the hilarious tone. Have you never seen hilarious R-rated movies? I take it that you have. That's where I was going with it.

I like the comic element in the films. My 9 year old daughter loves the marvel films, except IM3 because it wasn't funny enough and seemed to drag on. I enjoy the serious stuff, but these products are intended for mass appeal, not the fanboys.

Gave it a seven. Characters standing on display in some...control room seemed a little stupid, but it looks like the movie is having some fun with itself. I have no experience of the material myself, but it does look pretty fun. In a perfect world, I'd easily see this kind of stuff with an R-rating, but raters gonna rate.

It's a line-up where cops put suspects before they're sent to jail or prison. How is that stupid? Not really criticizing you here. Just making sure that you know what the context is. Always glad to see more people are getting excited for this.

It's a line-up where cops put suspects before they're sent to jail or prison. How is that stupid? Not really criticizing you here. Just making sure that you know what the context is. Always glad to see more people are getting excited for this.

I first had that reaction in the end, when they just stand there, looking like idiots, all keeping the perfect distances. It seemed like a silly, "too easy" way of introducing characters that way and didn't feel natural.

Then, after realizing the tone of this movie and that some of my kneejerk reactions were misplaced, I watched the trailer again and this time it was just funny.

It's not often I've seen spitting raccoons firing machine guns from top of its tree friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"