Lucifer Rate the lucifer series?

i'm really enjoying it so far. just watched the first 2 eps. i didn't expect to enjoy it so much tbh

It is surprisingly funny. It seems that after recent decline of Arrow and (unexpectedly) Flash there is sth to watch...

It's funny, well-cast and well-acted but it's strictly popcorn entertainment thus far. If the show wants to be taken seriously it better step up.

I'd give it a B. I guess that translates into a 7?

c+ I wish Amenadiel were more adversarial and that they would delve deeper into the fantasy element

It's alright. Certainly better than most comic book shows. Probably my third favorite, behind Daredevil & Jessica Jones (I can't even force myself to watch Gotham, Supergirl or the CW shows).

I think a 6/10 is about right, and the only reason why I even rate it that high is because they cast such a good lead. Never heard of Tom Ellis before, but he's a lot of fun to watch. I really hate that they turned it into a police procedural, though. I also wish they'd play up the supernatural elements more.

8 of 10. I love his one liners. Also, that he is mischevious and kinda of an ass. But, with that he is not evil. He only punishes evil.

I disagree a bit with Chance. I am glad they didn't make Amenadiel more adversarial. Then it would be a constant fight every episode. I like how they handled it.

Plus, I love how he is always call him Detective *****e. :)

C+ it's very entertaining but it superficially touches the Lucifer mythos. Tom Ellis does a good job and I see some of the Lucifer in Paradise Lost in his performance. Which is by far the most definitive version of that character for me in fiction.

Last edited:
I'll give it a 8 it's a different twist from other shows.

I'd give it a C. It basically works almost purely off Tom Ellis being absurdly charismatic. In that, its kind of like Blacklist, only with less dire of writing and acting.

Started as a B, a D toward the middle, then picked back up to a B at the end of the season.

I'd give it a C. It basically works almost purely off Tom Ellis being absurdly charismatic. In that, its kind of like Blacklist, only with less dire of writing and acting.

I'd agree with all of that, except I'd give it a B.

It is not a landmark show that will change TV, and sometimes it flies too close to being just another police procedural, but Tom Ellis carries the whole thing so well that I don't worry about that stuff.

All in all there are many worse ways to spend an hour watching TV.

They could draw a little more from the source material - and I'm looking forward to an appearance by God, sooner or later, but as long as it's entertaining, I'll keep watching.

I think a Lucifer - Supernatural cross-over could be hilarious !

8/10. The first season was good, but the second really improved things and made the character dynamics more interesting.

First few episode were meh, but the Maze episode was a blast and the used to be Mom being back as Charlotte was also fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"