Rate the Man of Steel trailer

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
Is it better than you thought it would be or worse?

My first impression was worst. Now, it growing for me.

Somewhere between good and great for me.

Love the 'Skins avy MessiahDecoy!

Great, not perfect, but a great trailer. The shots of superman cracking the ground as he flies into the air.... wow

i said good. because i did like it, but expected more. i dont like that everything is so dark and sad. :( thats not superman. but anyway I'm sure the actual film will be great. :up:

Great. I just think my expectations are just too high. The trailer was great for what it was.

Too much philosophical waxing, not enough action. The marketing seems pretty boring so far. The target group is those who made Transformers III break $1 billion. But otherwise it looks okay.

Too much philosophical waxing, not enough action. The marketing seems pretty boring so far. The target group is those who made Transformers III break $1 billion. But otherwise it looks okay.

Perhaps the target group is those who liked the recent Batman movies, as this is a WB/DC movie.

What sticks out to me is that in spite of all the crazy sci-fi, fantasy, action elements... it seems the film will be taking itself very seriously. Hopefully the drama will translate in a non-cheesy way. But the trailer as its own thing is pretty damn awesome. :supes:

It was okay, nothing spectacular. While I know the movie will be good, wb isn't doing it justice in promotions. We had a crappy online poster, a photoshopped magazine cover and a mediocre trailer. I think the trailers for Star Trek and Pacific Rim will easily outshine this with the public.

Listen to this guy, everyone... he used a bold font for his whole post! :o

I think this trailer was really classy, and my friends on Facebook (who aren't major comic book fans) seem to love it too. That's a subjective circumstantial weighing of public opinion of course, and limited in that regard, but some sort of weighing nonetheless.

I'm confused by this analysis. Are you saying the Bay-formers crowd is the sort to be attracted by philosophy rather than action? Because I would think the exact opposite.

Twitter and facebook just exploded and there's a lot of excitement generated by those who I know wouldn't be into Superman. Very similar to the feeling when the first trailer hit for JJ'S FIRST Star Trek film hit.

I think the trailer makes a case for the retelling of Clark's early years. The GA is going to get to accually care about Clark/Supes this time around.

I can understand those of you who wanted more action, because I'm one of them!

But at the end of the day, this is a solid trailer and I think the whole " How do we make Superman likeable and relateable" is why they chose to put out this trailer. Their addressing those questions head-on.

I voted great, almost perfection. I do like that WB is holding more of the money shots and only showing just enough to wet the appetite.

tumblr_lst4efi3fN1qg5xr6.gif

I have to be honest because I owe that to everyone I have to go with weak. It started off great but once Jonathan Kent said maybe he should let them die it went downhill after that. The theme never lived up to anything and the tone just doesn't seem right at all. Maybe I was too excited to watch this trailer, but man was it boring. I should have known with Nolan being involved but yea I have to go with weak.

I should have known with Nolan being involved but yea I have to go with weak.

Funny, because Nolan is only the producer and has really kept some distance from this film. He is not involved much at all. This is Snyder's film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"