Rate the Man of Steel trailer

I have to be honest because I owe that to everyone I have to go with weak. It started off great but once Jonathan Kent said maybe he should let them die it went downhill after that. The theme never lived up to anything and the tone just doesn't seem right at all. Maybe I was too excited to watch this trailer, but man was it boring. I should have known with Nolan being involved but yea I have to go with weak.

They set the tone with the teaser, what were you expecting the trailer to be like?

Well, whatever this movie seems like a snorefest. I was not impressed. These people make too much money for me not to be impressed. Sigh, oh well.

They set the tone with the teaser, what were you expecting the trailer to be like?

I wanted to hear some brilliant music. I wanted to see some punches being thrown. I wanted to see Zod. To me it seems like the first hour and a half will be boring and there will only be like 5 minutes of any good action.

i love the end line "my father was convinced the world wasn't ready. what do you think?" with the shot of him stepping towards the military. really good visuals. and just remember there is loads more to come yet. these first trailers barely show anything. look at the avengers first official trailer compared to the actual movie when it comes to action.

just remember there is loads more to come yet. these first trailers barely show anything. look at the avengers first official trailer compared to the actual movie when it comes to action.

That is absolutely right. The release date is still 6 months away.

I wanted to hear some brilliant music. I wanted to see some punches being thrown. I wanted to see Zod. To me it seems like the first hour and a half will be boring and there will only be like 5 minutes of any good action.

so you don't want any character development or story? just loads of action like a bay movie? come on, this is snyder here. if there is one thing he can definitely pull off, it's action. it's the first trailer.

Also, Amy Adams looks nothing how I picture Lois Lane. Looks to me like Amy Adams instead of Lane. Should have cast an unknown.

The only part I liked was when Superman took off into flight. I was really not impressed with the theme. Too much sounding like his Gladiator theme at the intro. Zimmer has to step it up.

So instead of seeing giant ****ing robots fighting each other... replace them with Superman and Zod. Gotcha.

so you don't want any character development or story? just loads of action like a bay movie? come on, this is snyder here. if there is one thing he can definitely pull off, it's action. it's the first trailer.

:up:

Some people shoud just stick to Michael Bay films lol

It's making me laugh people moaning about a lack of action, there are brief moments of explosions, worried looks on people's faces, a ship flying through the sky etc, its obviously gonna have action you don't need to see every moment in the trailer.

The only part I liked was when Superman took off into flight. I was really not impressed with the theme. Too much sounding like his Gladiator theme at the intro. Zimmer has to step it up.

That is because they DID use the Gladiator music for the trailer.

I hate Michael Bay but I don't want a whole movie doing a character study. Also, I'm glad they didn't show the whole movie in the trailer, I really am. This will probably be the only clips I watch until it comes out. But, I didn't like it, okay. It looked boring. Never did I say I wanted to see all action but I thought they could have ended the trailer with Zod and Supes trading punches. Leave with them two fighting

That is because they DID use the Gladiator music for the trailer.

Okay do have the name of that song? I would like to listen to it. Also, that's reassuring so Zimmer still doesn't have the theme done yet?

they'll probably have shots like that in the second trailer. like i said, compare the first avengers trailer to even the superbowl one. the leap forward in terms of action and amazing visuals was huge.

Okay do have the name of that song? I would like to listen to it. Also, that's reassuring so Zimmer still doesn't have the theme done yet?

Actually, I looked it up, and I'm not sure it is from Gladiator. It is "Elegy", written by Lisa Gerrard, who worked with Zimmer on Gladiator. But the song is a previously existing composition, and not part of the MOS score.

"Elegy" does sound incredibly similar to the music used when Maximus walks the fields of the afterlife in "Gladiator."

they'll probably have shots like that in the second trailer. like i said, compare the first avengers trailer to even the superbowl one. the leap forward in terms of action and amazing visuals was huge.

Also a good comparison. Is the ultra ****** Avatar Teaser. But then the full blown Trailer makes people forget about the ****** Avatar Teaser

The majority of the time, they CHOOSE to use trailer music instead of the actual score for the film for trailers, because scores are made to complement a movie, and trailer music is made to sell a movie. I believe Zimmer is currently scoring the movie (based on those tweets from last week), but even if he had the score completely finished, they probably wouldn't have used it in this trailer. It's certainly not unheard of for them to use the actual score of the movie in a trailer (The Fountain, Gladiator and BB spring to mind), but those are the exceptions, not the rule.

The song used in this trailer was "Elegy to the Storm" by Lisa Gerrard (who was the co-composer of Gladiator's score), Patrick Cassidy & Craig Armstrong. It is based on Gerrard/Cassidy's track "Elegy" (which was actually quoted throughout the Gladiator score), and it would seem this is a remix done specifically for this trailer.

To the people who keep saying they will show more in a second trailer, so do you admit that they didn't show enough? There's nothing wrong with admitting that. I'm not saying the movie will be a disappointment or anything I'm just giving a honest review on the trailer.

The song used in this trailer was "Elegy to the Storm" by Lisa Gerrard (who was the co-composer of Gladiator's score), Patrick Cassidy & Craig Armstrong. It is based on Gerrard/Cassidy's track "Elegy" (which was actually quoted throughout the Gladiator score), and it would seem this is a remix done specifically for this trailer.

Thanks for that, I was trying to figure out what the connection between the compositions was.

I rated it simply as a Good trailer because the first half was a little too slow for me. That second half, however...

To the people who keep saying they will show more in a second trailer, so do you admit that they didn't show enough? There's nothing wrong with admitting that. I'm not saying the movie will be a disappointment or anything I'm just giving a honest review on the trailer.

i think it shows enough. it gives us the overall tone and jist of the story. the start is slow, but it builds like a crescendo into that amazing second half.

Thanks for that, I was trying to figure out what the connection between the compositions was.
Well, while I'm pointing stuff out, I should clarify that "Elegy" was released after Gladiator, so while I'm sure Gerrard is the one who composed that theme in the first place, she basically took that theme and made her own version of it for an album a few years later.

Also, the reason Craig Armstrong's credited on the "remix" is because, as someone pointed out in the other thread, the back half of that track is from his score for Elizabeth: The Golden Age. So the trailer music is basically a custom combo of "Elegy" by Lisa Gerrard & Patrick Cassidy and "Storm" by Craig Armstrong.

i said good. because i did like it, but expected more. i dont like that everything is so dark and sad. :( thats not superman.

Sadly, I sort of feel the same way. Everything looks a little too dark and gloomy. I was also hoping for something we've never seen before in a film of this particular genre; and I didn't get that from this trailer. Hopefully, the entire film itself will be great though. They really do need to literally brighten things up a bit though. You can't even tell that Supes has light eyes in this, even though the actor does. Odd. Sorry for being so negative, but I was just expecting more from Zach Snyder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"