Rate the Man of Steel trailer

This trailer...

[YT]AWkx9m3x-ak[/YT]

Ah, the last trailer for it. That was EPIC.

I'm curious to how the last trailer for Man of Steel will turn out, as that will be the final selling point for the film.

I have to say while watching the trailer the movie does look like it's going to be good. But one complaint I do have is I still think Cavill words will be limited with his limited experience in big movies. I mean I think his voice sounds great. But, I think there will be a lot of long looks and him using his facial expressions instead of his words. But, the more I watch the trailer the movie looks like it's going to be pretty darn good. Cavill does look like Superman. The second half of the movie does look like some pretty good sci-fi.

I would say its better than I thought it was going to be, but I wouldn't say perfection for a trailer.

frankly speaking, i think Singer's SR 1st trailer is way better. it's a marvelous execution in building the excitement… u see the star space space, the kent mailbox, silhouette of superman with the spit curl, the daily planet globe and the building lot shot then u see superman hovering above the sky… calm and peaceful, slowly closing up… snap open his eyes and burst into action… it was so freaking exciting! so poetic, beautiful and emotional.

Here I see glimpse of the troubles he might be facing… I don’t know it doesn’t have proper execution… doesn’t feel the excitement is building up… and there isn’t a proper shot on him too.

it's flat to me. :(
weak i voted.

Is there going to be a Superbowl trailer? It there is, I have a feeling there is going to be a lot more action in that one.

Clark "what was i suppose to do?, just let them die!"

Pa Kent "maybe"

lmao!

Last edited:
I got goosebumps watching the build up to when he flies off into space. I think the film is going into the right direction seeing a young Clark Kent deal with his powers and having him grow into the Superman we all know. I can't wait to see a little more action. Let's me honest, it's a Synder movie, so it's going to be there. His use of slow-mo can finally have a point since Superman's movements are hella fast.

Sidenote: If I didn't know who Henry Cavill was I would have thought it was Hayden Christensen all bulked up. They look so similar. (after Cavill shaved the beard)

I do like the character building in the trailer for the most part.

I watched this bad boy practically ALL day. I put on my red underwear (hah) put my jeans over them, ran errands and with each stop, made SURE to show everybody I could that doesn't DISSECT the character like we do. Every single person had an outstanding reaction and got a high five from my mom, who doesn't know jack about anything haha. Mission accomplished.

That said, I can count high. I'm a big boy and I can't tell you how many times I've watched this. I love Henry Cavill. I love his look. Dude has mojo. In practically every scene shown, I love the way he poses and uses his body into something heroic. That fly-by of Earth just reeks of Superman and frame by frame of this fantastic trailer felt like I was turning a page of a comic book.

I'm going to go watch it again. Perfection. I've been deprived for FAR too long to not be proud to be a Superman fan and dammit, today made me DAMN proud!

I was kind of underwhelmed at first but gave it another watch later in the day and enjoyed it more. I think I didn't like it as much the first time because I was expecting more "crazy" as Snyder put it.

Clark "what was i suppose to do?, just let them die!"

Pa Kent "maybe"

lmao!
I liked this. Pa Kent is talking about the importance of Clark keeping his abilities and identity secret, but it also explores the dilemma of just because you can doesn't mean you necessarily should. What are Superman's limits?

LOVED it. Inspiring, powerful, bold... I know we haven't seen all that much yet, but it really looks like Cavill's captured the inner struggle of Superman when he's just starting out on his path to becoming the greatest hero of all time. Really love that moment at the end with him and Lois. If I were to venture a guess what's happening there, it looks like it's a final farewell before the showdown with Zod. They both look like they're not sure if he's going survive it, but he's going all in anyway. That's Superman.

Damn, summer can't get here fast enough.

Weak. I don't like SR at all but it had a better trailer.

P.S. What the bad place, Mr. Kent :huh:

i liked this. Pa kent is talking about the importance of clark keeping his abilities and identity secret, but it also explores the dilemma of just because you can doesn't mean you necessarily should. What are superman's limits?

superman has no limits

Seeing the trailer, It is not fun being superman.

Indeed. He has the weight of the world in the palm of his hands. It isn't fun being Superman, but the "Super" and "Man" in him puts himself aside for the greater of good and that right there, is why he'll ALWAYS be my favorite champion.

Trailer was solid. Gave me goosebumps from the beginning to the middle and then when he took off and flew.

Very emotional. We may finally see the Superman film we have been waiting for quite some time!

I like the emotional and dramatic tone with action scenes toward the end.

I think the next trailer will have some drama and emotion, but will have more humor scenes and more epic action. :supes:

Seeing the trailer, It is not fun being superman.

After a friend and I saw the teaser during TDKR's my friend says to me, "can you imagine being Superman"?

"The weight of the world practically on your shoulders". Being a kid and going through the process of learning all your powers"?

I said yeah....crazy huh?

Last edited:
I liked this. Pa Kent is talking about the importance of Clark keeping his abilities and identity secret, but it also explores the dilemma of just because you can doesn't mean you necessarily should. What are Superman's limits?

I think, as a parent, he's just very frightened for Clark. He doesn't want anyone to come take him away and treat him like a lab experiment. In real life, people often say things in the privacy of their own home that don't come out quite right or don't reflect their character very well. I think that's what this moment is meant to me -- a clearly worried and conflicted J.Kent saying something that -- deep down -- he really doesn't mean.

superman has no limits
He can do whatever he wants, flight, super strength, etc. But is that a good thing? A question is if a Superman is doing everything for humanity what does it mean for human advancement/potential, etc?

I loved it. Really captured in a nutshell what I've been wanting to see from a Superman movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"