Rate the Man of Steel trailer

I was kind of underwhelmed at first but gave it another watch later in the day and enjoyed it more. I think I didn't like it as much the first time because I was expecting more "crazy" as Snyder put it.

Don't worry.....the "craziness" will come. :word:

For me it was perfection! LOVED IT! This is the first time I ever cried during a trailer! It had the right balance of emotion and action, I'm sure the movie itself will have plenty of action, I don't want them to give it all away in the trailers.

I wish we had a line of Lois, but the emotion shown through Amy Adams' eyes was enough for me to be convinced that she is perfect for the role and that she has a wonderful chemistry with Henry Cavill.
manofsteel004.jpg

Imagine if this brunette would have gotten the role of Lois::doh:
kristen-stewart-bella-black-contacts-twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-2-e1352681835938.jpg
that's just so girly. i hope you really are a girl

He can do whatever he wants, flight, super strength, etc. But is that a good thing? A question is if a Superman is doing everything for humanity what does it mean for human advancement/potential, etc?

Yep!

Then again, some folks wanted an all out cliche action and cheesy one liner type of trailer it seems. :whatever:

Loved the score of the new trailer that's what did it for me.

I have to say while watching the trailer the movie does look like it's going to be good. But one complaint I do have is I still think Cavill words will be limited with his limited experience in big movies. I mean I think his voice sounds great. But, I think there will be a lot of long looks and him using his facial expressions instead of his words. But, the more I watch the trailer the movie looks like it's going to be pretty darn good. Cavill does look like Superman. The second half of the movie does look like some pretty good sci-fi.

yup. brandon routh all over again. they just never learn that superman needs to have verbal communication instead of expressing through eyes. just like the eye shot in the trailer when he close his eyes and fly off. exactly like the one we had in SR trailer

Surprisingly good trailer. The best thing I can say about it is that it doesn't look very much like a Snyder film. There are shades of Nolan and even Terrence Malick there, giving it a more art-house feel that is appropriately distinct and interesting. I'm still cautious about the whole thing, mainly because of Snyder, but this trailer has instilled in me more faith in it.

A few nitpicks: The blue-orange coloring. Not nearly as obnoxious as when this palette is used 90% of the time, especially from Michael Bay, but it still didn't look quite a good as it could to me. And although the music was certainly effective the wailing singing woman has become quite the cliche in modern film scores and I'm always a bit distracted by it.

yup. brandon routh all over again. they just never learn that superman needs to have verbal communication instead of expressing through eyes. just like the eye shot in the trailer when he close his eyes and fly off. exactly like the one we had in SR trailer

I didn't know a 2 minute and 30 second trailer full of quick money-shots translated to what could be a 3 hour movie of Superman being a mime.

Interesting.

Hey, atleast Cavill has his own lines. Routh had to pop in his VHS tape of Reeve in 1978 and simply come up with a way to mock him. Not his fault, though. Routh seems like a good man but everything Cavill was in that trailer eclipsed EVERYTHING Routh ever done in SR.

The "My father believed, that if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me. He was convinced, that the world, wasn't ready. What do you think?" hook-line clearly destroys "Well, I hope this experience hasn't put any of you off flying. Statistically speaking, it's still the safest way to travel." repeat any day of the week.

Well as I've said in other threads, I wouldn't mind more DC films taking on this style.

After TDKR, which I surprised myself over, I just thought to myself, 'I hope I never see this happen again'.

I was sick of the normality and realism...which I'm STILL surprised at, but those are my feelings.

Someone stylized like Synder is with MOS, is what I want to see in the next Batman franchise. Someone like Aronofsky.

It's with the execution. Just like Batman 89, Burton and Keaton nailed Bruce Wayne not through dialogue and exposition, but by self reflection. Also with Iron Man.

I like what they're attempting (Malick influenced), but I don't think it quite reaches it.

The music was in the beginning was a tad bit too tacky. Despite that though, it felt like the trailer was successfully building to an uplifting epic climax, major chord, Superman style, etc. Instead they unfortunately played something as generic as the end of the Iron Man 3 trailer, end of the world style epic.

I don't know if it's the lines or the delivery, but the Martha - young-Clark stuff felt cheesy. It could just be mismatched with the trailer music.

That all being said, I still am more interested in what they are attempting to do, even if they don't pull it off. There were also some seriously magnificent shots. (following Supes from behind, cape flowing)

Last edited:
I think the comic con footage itself would have made a better trailer; found it really moving. Disappointed that beautiful money shot of Superman backlit emerging from the fortress of solitude didn't make it in. Plus, the thin red line music really was perfect in hitting all the emotional beats.

Edit: rewatched the comic con footage and I agree with FeedOnATreeFrog. Should have left the Martha dialogue out and kept it as it was originally.

Last edited:
Perfection. I haven't seen the CC trailer and I'm no big fan of the character and this trailer got me beyond pumped. And you know why? 'Cause Superman looks regal, non-angsty and there are great character moments.

God forbid that Pa Kent is a human being, aka not perfect or sage-like.

Cinematography looks kinda washed out, but it looks like they're making Superman and his world here majestic. This is indeed a larger than life character and an Atlas, with the weight of the world on his shoulders. People confuse far too often seriousness with darkness. Finally it looks like we're getting a movie that respects Superman and what he stands for.

Weak. I don't like SR at all but it had a better trailer.

P.S. What the Hell, Mr. Kent :huh:
indeed. SR told a bad story of superman but its 1st trailer is very good and inspiring.

hmm... perhaps it doesn't touch on the storyline of SR at all. It is just about superman in generic. That’s why it is so good. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

indeed. SR told a bad story of superman but its 1st trailer is very good and inspiring.

hmm... perhaps it doesn't touch on the storyline of SR at all. It is just about superman in generic. That’s why it is so good. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
You must be a troll.This new MOS trailer make that sr trailer look like crap.It's not even close.

The story better, the acting better, the MOS trailer showed more action in the trailer then sr did in the whole movie.

Trailer is great, not perfect. I really really appreciate the seriousness, gravitas and maturity they're making this with. The character was made for it, and it really suits him. But like others have mentioned I hope it wont be TOO serious and self-important in the long run. It's a hard balance to find, so I dont yet know how to do it.
I'm just hoping for future trailers to have a little more fun with it and also show some sense of wonder and adventure.

To be honest,I was expecting a lot more.I dunno...some action/fighting....Zod actually saying or doing something....

I liked the brief look at Jor-El & Lara and the moment between Supes & Lois,but on the whole, it did little to excite me.I was looking forward to getting my mind blown...but it'll take more than what we just got for that......

I really like it alot! However I was hopeing for a little more of Zod.

that's just so girly. i hope you really are a girl

Yes, I'm a girl and a passionate Superman fan!:woot: I wouldn't be afraid to say I cried during the trailer if I was boy, you know, a real man also cries!:yay: I'm sure there are fanboys out there who also shed tears watching the MoS trailer! Nothing to be ashamed about!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"