New Mutants Rate The New Mutants teaser!

6/10.

Sorry Not Sorry, but I didn't like it. It looks cheap and low budgeted. I expected this to be cheap but dude, those shots were like shot for a TV show not a film. It/Annabelle 2 were filmed well under a small budget. So I don't get why it looks cheap. I didn't really expect it to be a full horror trailer because I was expecting mutants meets horror, but aside from the word drop of mutants it doesn't feel like a New Mutants movie. Magik/Wolfsbane look the part but where are the power displays - nothing, not even a small tease. I also really dislike their version of Cecilia Reyes - God another X-Man turned into a villain? Just no.

Just seeing the trailer, I feel like they missed the point of the New Mutants in the comics. This one looks like a mutant experimental hospital that just happened to feature the Nm roster. And eh I don't like it.

Last edited:
Didn't like the trailer. Generic as hell, not to mention looks like not the most talented remake of Dream Warriors.

I still hope it can be something good, but I'm not really interested now.

It doesn't feel like New Mutants. I hate to whine but geez Fox this looks like doing a different kind of take to the source material just for the sake of it. I am completely disappointed.

This has potential, but problem is that for the moment they sell it as a horror movie ( by the numbers...) without a real tease of the mutant concept. It seem conventional. Need to see more ...

Yeah, I'm not dismissing the movie yet, but so far it does look like a by the number horror film without any mutants.

Need to see more.

Another slam dunk for the marketing team.

I think this could be a good movie but don't sell this as another horror flick. For a film that has the word mutants in the title, they should have made it clearer that these kids have mutant abilities.

I just hate that they are forcing this as a full horror. That's not New Mutants. Also the production value is not good. It almost look like an indie film. I don't want an indie look for a Marvel film.

This got me excited where I wasn't before. So 9/10.

I expected plain, poorly acted garbage, this looks intriguing.

I take it no one read "Demon Bear"?

It's petty much horror story in the same vein as Uncanny X-Men #143

10/10 for sure. really like what they're going for.

10/10

Fantastic trailer.

First Legions brilliance with psychotic horror elements that were awesome and now this. I’m very pumped.

8/10 sets the tone of the movie very well. But I somewhat agree with some others that a power display or 2 wouldn't have gone amiss.

Thursday April 12, 2018 7:00pm im the theater like this

1311094067_magic_johnson_eating.gif

I voted 7 (if we were doing letter grades, I would have given it a B). Just as a trailer, it's intriguing. As a New Mutants trailer, I would have loved to see more that reminded me of the New Mutants. That being said, it's a teaser. They're trying to play up that it is different and will have more of a horror vibe, so I can't fault that. Of my complaints, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until at least the full trailer arrives.

As a X-Men fan, I really liked the trailer and Im excited with these characters, as a trailer per se, and taking into account that this has to sell the movie, I gave it a 7. In terms of general audience, this looks like just another horror movie, and not an original one, so Im a bit worried this wont sell the movie yet.

Sure, trailer 2 will do a better job at that, with all Boone's cards

Yeah i gave it a 7 as well

I like the cast, and props for doing something different in the genre
But it looks like any generic teen horror movie that i would typically pay no attention to if it wasnt for maisie, anya taylor joy, and stranger things dude

Looks too much like a horror film IMO

Looks too much like a horror film IMO

Dude! I was just coming here to say EXACTLY that! If I hadn't known what it was, I would never have guessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"