Rate The Promotional Footage

Last i heard it was going to be attached to some movie in December.

Yea Possibly attached to THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL.... but Fox said maybe.

dudes,we could really use some news around here,cuz latelyyyy....

Someone asked the question awhile back as to why some people thought this movie looked good. I'm ridiculously late answering, but I blame mid-terms. Here's my deal.

I'm not going to say I think this film looks great, or even good. What I will say is that it looks promising.

As a kid, I was always a fan of the DB series. And I always thought it would make for a solid live-action film, so long as it remained insanely faithful to the source material. Now that I'm older--and this isn't in anyway meant to criticize the tastes of others--and have had the chance to really watch movies instead of just turning off my brain, I've realized how detatched I get when a film is too heavy on CG. Which would pretty much be the case with a really faithful adaptation.

I'm also not a fan of comic-strip coloring, unless it serves some sort of symbolic purpose, i.e. Pleasantville. I mean, it's possible it could work, but for me it would be really distracting when coupled with the action. Seeing that they've toned the color down is really relieving. Toning it down too much, as with Superman Returns, might have ruined the whole iconic feeling you get with Goku's gi, among other things. I was initially disappointed with Piccolo not being green. But for me, Piccolo's personality always stood out for me more than his green skin. So long as he's a true menace, which is what it looks like, I'm happy.

What I'm most concerned with is the action sequences. The wire-fu looks a bit sloppy. At the same time, I thought the same about Kung Fu Hustle and The One, and ended up being pretty surprised. I'm hoping that happens again.

What I've seen so far from the film really isn't enough to label it trash or a masterpiece. All I can say is that I'm optimistic. There are SO many more elements that go into filmmaking that we have yet to see. And those missing elements will more than likely play a massive role in whether or not this film is a sleeper hit or complete and utter garbage. Time will tell.

Last edited:
OK no more. This thread is to rate and discuss the promotional footage that was leaked. If you want to chat take it to the lounge. And, make that one active.

Okay. So uhhhhh do you guys expect any footage from the Expos to be used in the trailer. There were some cool shots.

They'd better. I noticed in one shot we could see all the way to mexico through Bulma's top, I mean, uh... there were some interesting shots they would be remiss not to use.

and... like a DUDE!!! With, ya know, like SIDE punches!! And totally like a DUDE!!!!

*feels dumber having listened for that long... but.. DAMN she's hot*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"