Rate the Teaser Trailer

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score

Feel free to share your general impressions as well. :cwink:

I’ll start by saying that it actually exceeded my already high expectations. I thought it was truly great and to see so much focus on Thor’s own journey made me happy, also the trailer is chock full of great stuff, it moves at a great pace, good song, good humor… It’s a teaser, it doesn’t reveal too much and I think it’s a beautiful gem. :yay:

I give it an 8. It has what I'd expect from a Taika Waititi film. It doesn't reach the hype level that the first Thor Ragnarok teaser reached, even if I'm not the biggest fan of the film, but those are very big shoes to fill. But I think as far as wetting people's appetites for another Thor film, it gets the job done.

Good teaser, just doesn't get me pumped up the way that Ragnarok's did. Plus, nice to see the Guardians featured as much as they were.

Massive Thor fan.
Big Waititi fan.
Enjoyed Ragnarok with reservations.

So I'm not sure I'm a big Thor+Waititi fan and after this trailer....... To paraphrase another movie quote, i am concerned this film might prove Thor should "Never go Full Waititi"...

I'm very obviously going to watch it regardless haha

I give it an 8. It has what I'd expect from a Taika Waititi film. It doesn't reach the hype level that the first Thor Ragnarok teaser reached....

Good teaser, just doesn't get me pumped up the way that Ragnarok's did.

Pretty much this for me too. That first Thor Ragnarok trailer with LZ's Immigrant Song was perfection

I said 7. Good teaser, but didnt sell me on taikas vision as well as the first Ragnarok teaser. It was beautiful looking, but tonally its hard to pin down. Not sure if itll be straight goofy like Ragnarok, or more funny yet emotional like Taikas other films

Funny enough I didnt care for the musical choices in either, but Immigrant Song worked out well in the film itself, so well see

9 for me, I enjoyed it thoroughly and love how much it focused on Thor himself. Thor's outfit with the fur is BADASS might just be my new favorite MCU Thor oufit and The Ravager Thor outfit is in my top 5 MCU Thor outfits as well.

Ragnarok has THE best teaser trailer for an MCU film and maybe one of the best teaser trailers for a superhero film PERIOD. This doesn't reach those heights, but I would still rank it in the top 5 or 10 MCU teaser trailers. I loved "Sweet Child" being used for the trailer it fits quite well. Also the scale of the movie seems to be even bigger than Ragnarok and I love the increased cosmic direction they are continuing.

That scene with the dead Kaiju was torn straight from the Thor God of Thunder comic run and it's even better in film form.

Last edited:
i was expecting it to be like thor 3 we start with a glorious shot of the villain that Hela shot was glorious so i was bummed not to get any Gorr but got plenty of Thor and he is name on the marquee so gave it an 8

Honestly I was expecting more given the hype. This is one of the most un-impactful trailers I've seen in awhile. There's basically nothing here to gauge what the story is or even the tone. It's also disappointing to see so much green screen, and that opening sequence looked straight out of Falcon & Winter Solider. It was cool to see that shot recreate a panel from Ribic's run. Has the MCU ever explicitly done something like that before?

Still interested in the movie, but the trailer didn't move the needle for me.

I’d give this an 8.5 (Ragnarok @ 9). Gorr could have got it to a 9 but I’m sure we’ll seeing him and plenty more Portman in the full trailer.

As a teaser it's fantastic. Ragnarok's was better because they needed to establish a new course for the character, so we got to see different parts and elements of the movie like Hela, Mjolnir getting destroyed, Hulk in the Sakaarian Arena etc. In this one they're keeping things very close to their chests, showing what feels like are scenes taken mostly from Act 1 and Jane's reveal.

What is absolutely BONKERS to me is that, of all Marvel characters, I never expected Thor to be the first to get FOUR movies in the same series, something not even Spider-Man has done yet!

What is absolutely BONKERS to me is that, of all Marvel characters, I never expected Thor to be the first to get FOUR movies in the same series, something not even Spider-Man has done yet!

Exactly, but I can't say I don't absolutely love that Thor is the one who finally does it.

Exactly, but I can't say I don't absolutely love that Thor is the one who finally does it.
Thor is my second favourite Marvel character after Spidey himself, so I'm right there with you. I'll also add that, in my opinion, Thor is also the best MCU character with my favourite arc so far. It's been a wild ride since the first Thor movie came out.

Thor is my second favourite Marvel character after Spidey himself, so I'm right there with you. I'll also add that, in my opinion, Thor is also the best MCU character with my favourite arc so far. It's been a wild ride since the first Thor movie came out.

And of course he's my favorite and you might be right Thor might just have the best character arc in the MCU, Tony Stark's was pretty fire too.

As a teaser it's fantastic. Ragnarok's was better because they needed to establish a new course for the character, so we got to see different parts and elements of the movie like Hela, Mjolnir getting destroyed, Hulk in the Sakaarian Arena etc. In this one they're keeping things very close to their chests, showing what feels like are scenes taken mostly from Act 1 and Jane's reveal.

Yeah I thought Marvel Studios had this 3 and done rule, as they didn't give Tony Stark and Steve Rogers a 4th film for themselves.

Great choice of character to give that honour to lol. I also don’t think this will be the last Thor solo.

Yeah I thought Marvel Studios had this 3 and done rule, as they didn't give Tony Stark and Steve Rogers a 4th film for themselves.
I think Thor has more of a universe to call on for varied material. I loved seeing Iron Man in wider MCU films after IM3 but might have struggled to get excited for Iron Man 6 if they had kept going.

I think Thor has more of a universe to call on for varied material. I loved seeing Iron Man in wider MCU films after IM3 but might have struggled to get excited for Iron Man 6 if they had kept going.
I think a 4th solo film for anyone Xpecially those who are really popular - there's plenty of materials from the comics especially villains. Though I think by the siXth, seventh, eighth solo film, the public might just not find those very interesting, especially when there are other Marvel characters getting their own film.

But Iron Man 4 and Captain America 4 featuring Chris Evans would have both grossed over a billion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"