Justice League Ray Porter IS Uxas/Darkseid

Elysium94

Civilian
Reaction score
Ding ding ding ding ding...

Given that it's now official, we may as well have a thread about it.

The bell has been rung, folks. One of the principle big bads of DC Comics is finally, finally coming to the big screen, and thespian/voice actor Ray Porter is bringing him to life.
EZBs9BgVcAEvX4-

latest

Discuss away, friends! Tell us what you think of Ray's casting, and what you're most looking forward to regarding Darkseid's appearance.

I’m very intrigued to see what he brings, I like that Snyder cast the role outside the box.

I was wondering when this thread would come about.

Darkseid.jpg

D-kYFrjXkAAu6P9.jpg:large

48162a97da306ce919c9da09855458e783142baa.jpg

Last edited:
What I'm super excited about regarding Darkseid is the stare-down between him and the League.

Always loved those moments in media where, thematically and literally, the hero really sees their enemy.

source.gif

Seriously though, this first look at the guy isn't just badass.
It's scary. And that's exactly what we need.

It's been said Snyder was giving Darkseid the Sauron treatment, and it looks like that's precisely what he did.

I'm very excited to finally see Darkseid. This alone could make this new version worth seeing even if they changed nothing else.

Man, the fear in Diana’s face, then the reveal itself, just awesome.

He had more presence in those thirty seconds than Steppenwolf had in the entirety of JL 2017. :funny:

He had more presence in those thirty seconds than Steppenwolf had in the entirety of JL 2017. :funny:

True, I don't know how anyone could ever think it's a good idea to make Steppenwolf (who? :huh:) the (main) villain in a Justice League movie... :whatever:

DC has tons tons of great characters and that's who you go with in your big movie?

And the redesign was completely uninteresting. I really loved the H.R. Giger influence on the OG design. The change was just completely bland. He could've been a character from any vaguely fantastical video game cut scene.

True, I don't know how anyone could ever think it's a good idea to make Steppenwolf (who? :huh:) the (main) villain in a Justice League movie... :whatever:

DC has tons tons of great characters and that's who you go with in your big movie?

If you do it right and it's a progression towards Darkseid, sure, why not?

And the redesign was completely uninteresting. I really loved the H.R. Giger influence on the OG design. The change was just completely bland. He could've been a character from any vaguely fantastical video game cut scene.

Yup, very creepy. Told me all I needed to know about the New Gods of Apokalips.

I definitely liked seeing Diana, as formidable as she already is, concerned at the thought of Darkseid coming back to Earth. It really goes a long way to establish on what kind of threat he really is to the world. This is one of the reasons why people didn't take Steppenwolf too seriously because it didn't look like most the league were intimidated by him.

I definitely liked seeing Diana, as formidable as she already is, concerned at the thought of Darkseid coming back to Earth. It really goes a long way to establish on what kind of threat he really is to the world. This is one of the reasons why people didn't take Steppenwolf too seriously because it didn't look like most the league were intimidated by him.

Superman laughed him off all by himself. "Is this man bothering you? Heheheheh".

I think it's going to go a LITTLE different this time around. Can't wait.

Even the painting itself is creeping me out a little. That's a job well done of establishing a villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"