Re: 2012 NFL Thread: Football's Fabulous Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but Seattle has been up and down throughout most of the season. I know they looked impressive pounding the crap out of some teams lately, but they fell back down to earth today, barely edging out a bad Rams team. I think Washington can beat them.

We're competitive :o:argh:

Just give Bradford a capable #1 receiver and they'll be good. Oh, and another good lineman.

The RGIII Rises: "Romo, when the Jets tear themselves apart... you have my permission to fail." edition.

I think Skins need to draft some defensive Speed then they would be a scary team. Sadly I think Playoff wise they will be 1 and done.

I was blessed to be at last nights Skins/Cowboys game and that place was off the chain. And I will be blessed to be at next weeks game now. While the Raiders are and always will be first to me Washington is still and always going to be team 1b for me. This has been a great season. Well for my Skins for my Raiders I just hold my head down and hope when Vick comes we might be able to do something.

Last edited:
I think Skins need to draft some defensive Speed then they would be a scary team. Sadly I think Playoff wise they will be 1 and done.

I wouldn't sell the skins short yet,look at most of the seahawks road wins,most of them are not playoff teams,and who exactly did they run the score up on? The bills?,niners (minus Jason Smith). I think the skins are capable of winning this game.

Tony Romo and Mark Sanchez should be forced to give back all the money.

Elite pocket passers are going to become a thing of the past in about 5-10 years...

Elite pocket passers are going to become a thing of the past in about 5-10 years...

Wow...I want some of what you are smoking. We heard the same thing when Vick came to the NFL. While he seems great now RG3 isn't gonna last. He'll have the sophomore slump like Cam and everyone else seems to have. He will have a pretty short lifespan too if he keeps it up the way he is.

ESPN: Tony Romo is the quarterback of the future.

:lmao: He is 33 years old! ESPN is seriously trying to turn him into the next Favre.

Also, the Jets have officially fired GM Mike Tannenbaum. Woody Johnson has confirmed that Rex Ryan will keep his job.

:lmao: He is 33 years old! ESPN is seriously trying to turn him into the next Favre.

Also, the Jets have officially fired GM Mike Tannenbaum. Woody Johnson has confirmed that Rex Ryan will keep his job.

Mostly because it would be too expensive to fire him.

Not necessarily, unless they only want QBs to play into their early 30s.

Think it's evident with QBs like Roethlisberger and Vick that you don't want them to take a beating.

I called it. Regardless of his inability to focus on anything outside of the Defense, he seems to be likable by the NY media and a lot of fans. And you know Woody Johnson, only cares about popularity and not results.

Appears everyone is cleaning house, GM and Shurmur of the Browns, GM of Jets, Reid of Eagles, GM and Turner of Chargers, Crennel of Chiefs and GM of Jags.

I wouldn't sell the skins short yet,look at most of the seahawks road wins,most of them are not playoff teams,and who exactly did they run the score up on? The bills?,niners (minus Jason Smith). I think the skins are capable of winning this game.

Agreed. A lot of people are riding high on the Seahawks right now and they've no doubt been playing impressively, but I dunno....I can't shake the feeling that they're about to come crashing back down to Earth.

Wow...I want some of what you are smoking. We heard the same thing when Vick came to the NFL. While he seems great now RG3 isn't gonna last. He'll have the sophomore slump like Cam and everyone else seems to have. He will have a pretty short lifespan too if he keeps it up the way he is.

You're both wrong, IMO. Pocket passers are not the thing of the future. Not at the NFL level, not as defenses keep getting faster. Now pocket passers who can also scramble (such as Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers and even RG3) are the thing of the future. Pure pocket passers like Manning are going the way of the dinosaur. But that is more about extending plays than getting yards on the ground.

Conversely, RG3 isn't a fluke. He seems to have a better head on his shoulders than Cam Newton (As I wait for Doomsday Apex to get on my ass I'd like to clarify that I'm not saying Newton is bad or like Vince Young or anything, I think he is a good passer, I just think RG3 is better) or Michael Vick. If you take away RG3's legs, you still have a damn good passer. That'll extend his career.

Mostly because it would be too expensive to fire him.

True. Though I think that Rex Ryan deserves another shot. A lot of the turmoil this season was more Tannenbaum's fault than his own. Tebow should've never been on that team. Sparano was shoved down his throat too. Ryan has showed potential as a head coach. I think with the right personnel, he can make the Jets competitive again.

I called it. Regardless of his inability to focus on anything outside of the Defense, he seems to be likable by the NY media and a lot of fans. And you know Woody Johnson, only cares about popularity and not results.

Yeah, but regardless of Johnson's motivation, I just don't think it is wise to fire a guy who has made two AFC championships after two bad seasons when there were a lot of factors both years well beyond his control. He should get one more year to right the ship. Unfortunately, considering that he'll have to do that with either Sanchez or no cap space (due to Sanchez's insane contract), Ryan will probably be gone next year after another disappointing season.

Appears everyone is cleaning house, GM and Shurmur of the Browns, GM of Jets, Reid of Eagles, GM and Turner of Chargers, Crennel of Chiefs and GM of Jags.

And we're just getting started. :woot: I expect at least 3 or 4 more coach openings. I'm waiting for that big surprise firing. You have one almost every year. It isn't going to be Ryan this year. My money is on either Jim Schwartz (but Ford is too cheap to eat the contract), Lovie Smith (can you really fire a 10-6 coach? If you're the Chicago Bears, sure), Ken Whisenhunt (probably the favorite) OR if they go one and done yet again, Marvin Lewis maybe (but again, he's the best that Mike Brown can get for the money he is willing to spend so I expect Marvin Lewis to get a 15 year extension after the Bungles go one and done).

Yeah, but regardless of Johnson's motivation, I just don't think it is wise to fire a guy who has made two AFC championships after two bad seasons when there were a lot of factors both years well beyond his control. He should get one more year to right the ship. Unfortunately, considering that he'll have to do that with either Sanchez or no cap space (due to Sanchez's insane contract), Ryan will probably be gone next year after another disappointing season.

Ryan is a great motivator but I'm not necessarily sold on his selection of talent. A lot of the better players on the team were put on because of Mangini.

If Ryan is tied to Sanchez, then it doesn't look good for him and he better hope that the new GM can supply him with some better players on Offense.

And we're just getting started. :woot: I expect at least 3 or 4 more coach openings. I'm waiting for that big surprise firing. You have one almost every year. It isn't going to be Ryan this year. My money is on either Jim Schwartz (but Ford is too cheap to eat the contract), Lovie Smith (can you really fire a 10-6 coach? If you're the Chicago Bears, sure), Ken Whisenhunt (probably the favorite) OR if they go one and done yet again, Marvin Lewis maybe (but again, he's the best that Mike Brown can get for the money he is willing to spend so I expect Marvin Lewis to get a 15 year extension after the Bungles go one and done).
I heard someone say, he has heard the rumors of Schwartz already.

Well, Jerry Jones has already said that he wants to keep Garrett...*sighs*, of course, because he doesn't want a coach that he thinks could coach the Cowboys better them himself.

God, I hate that man....

Ryan is a great motivator but I'm not necessarily sold on his selection of talent. A lot of the better players on the team were put on because of Mangini.

If Ryan is tied to Sanchez, then it doesn't look good for him and he better hope that the new GM can supply him with some better players on Offense.

The new GM has to have full authority when it comes to personnel decisions. Ryan should be told to just shut up and coach the team on the field.

I heard someone say, he has heard the rumors of Schwartz already.

Schwartz deserves to be fired. When a team so talented collapses in such an epic manner and it is solely due to lack of discipline, that falls entirely on the head coach. Schwartz lacks the maturity to be a successful NFL head coach.

That said, I think he'll get one more season and basically be next year's Norv Turner (on the hot seat from day one). I'll say this though, if he were fired....forget about Philly. EVERYONE would be trying to get the Detroit job.

Well, Jerry Jones has already said that he wants to keep Garrett...*sighs*, of course, because he doesn't want a coach that he thinks could coach the Cowboys better them himself.

God, I hate that man....
I was hoping to hear his interview on what went wrong and how he is going to fix it. LOL

You're both wrong, IMO. Pocket passers are not the thing of the future. Not at the NFL level, not as defenses keep getting faster. Now pocket passers who can also scramble (such as Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers and even RG3) are the thing of the future. Pure pocket passers like Manning are going the way of the dinosaur. But that is more about extending plays than getting yards on the ground.

I guess I don't look at QBs the way you do then. I pretty much lump em into 2 categories....pocket passers and dual threat. I consider Rodgers a pocket passer with mobility, he can scramble and run but he's a pass first mentality. Guys like Vick, RG3, Vince Young, Tebow (lol), etc are the dual threat who take off the first sign of danger. I don't think its coincidence that pocket passers like Manning x2, Brady, Brees, Rodgers get it done year in and year out....whereas the dual threats are flash in the pans, one and done type players. They lack consistency and always fall prey to injury.

P.S Schwartz needs to be fired but the Lions will just pick some no name, no talent coach again...rinse and repeat. I don't think Ford will pull the trigger though and seriously it is laughable to think that someone like Gruden or Cowher would come to Detroit even if they offered the most money (which they wouldn't anways).

Last edited:
Norv Turner and AJ Smith to be fired

Good they both deserve to be fired, especially Smith. Always hated Turner as a head coach. Why got hired for the job baffles me. Smith firing Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season is still one of the dumbest front office moves I've witnessed and it led to the great decline of Yhe Chargers. They deserved to be losing the last few years for such boneheaded moves.

I was hoping to hear his interview on what went wrong and how he is going to fix it. LOL

Jones: Well, not what we wanted of course, we will look at our future tomorrow...Garrett is a good coach, and I stand behind him. There were many problems in the game, but to put all the blame on a few just won't do it.

I already have heard him enough over the years to know exactly what he thinks.

The thing is....HE IS THE PROBLEM, and until he can bring in a GM (not himself) that can make good hires, and hire a damn coach that doesn't lick his boots...the Cowboys will suck.

Jones: Well, not what we wanted of course, we will look at our future tomorrow...Garrett is a good coach, and I stand behind him. There were many problems in the game, but to put all the blame on a few just won't do it.

I already have heard him enough over the years to know exactly what he thinks.

The thing is....HE IS THE PROBLEM, and until he can bring in a GM (not himself) that can make good hires, and hire a damn coach that doesn't lick his boots...the Cowboys will suck.

Dallas has one hope of being relevant before Jerry Jones dies, IMO. That is Les Miles. Miles and Jones are old friends. If Miles would accept the Cowboys job, he would basically tell Jones how it is, he would tell Jones who to hire as coordinators, what roster moves to make, etc. Furthermore, Miles wouldn't have Jerry Jones walking on the sideline during games or any of that ****. They may be friends, but Miles would stand up to his friend and refuse to be micromanaged.

People can talk all they want Gruden or Cowher or whatever top tier coach they want in Dallas but it isn't going to happen. A top tier coach simply will not work for Jerry Jones. Les Miles may because he is a college coach, not an established NFL coach and he is friends with Jones. No one else will. If Les Miles doesn't take the Dallas job within the next couple years, then Cowboys fans can expect to have a continuous array of incompetent yes men until Jones finally kicks the bucket (and since Jones is still relatively young and in good health, I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon).

Looking forward to another year of the media ******ing the Cowboys as Super Bowl favorites and how much talent they have only for them to stumble again and analysts change their tune once more by the middle/end of the season.

Dallas has one hope of being relevant before Jerry Jones dies, IMO. That is Les Miles. Miles and Jones are old friends. If Miles would accept the Cowboys job, he would basically tell Jones how it is, he would tell Jones who to hire as coordinators, what roster moves to make, etc. Furthermore, Miles wouldn't have Jerry Jones walking on the sideline during games or any of that ****. They may be friends, but Miles would stand up to his friend and refuse to be micromanaged.

Knowing the way Miles operates, he'd probably just leverage the Dallas job into having LSU give him another contract raise like he did twice with my UofM boys. Hes an idiot anyways and is probably the most overated college coach out there. I would be happy to see him go to Dallas considering how much I hate the Cowboys.

Smith is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"