Justice League Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep Reynolds. Keep Reynolds. Keep Reynolds. Keep Reynolds. Keep Reynolds.

Hestitantly keep reynolds. While in multiple viewings I don't think he was as bad as initially thought.. If someone else comes along and they think that person would be a better fit, go with that guy.

and a 26% on RottenTomatoes

almost as bad as Superman 3.

Keep Ryan Reynolds for goodness sake. The Green Lantern movie had an A+ Cinemascore.

A movie with the JL in it will attract the fan boys, to see how it works out. All the actors will be solid, script should be good. But, a movie with Henry Cavill, Ryan Reynolds plus who ever they go for Bats, will attract the ladies

Definetely recast. I don't thing Reynolds would want to do it. I don't know why he would and I don't think anyone should want him to do it.

(If they do it's fine but you know, better with someone else even if you don't agree)

Definetely recast. I don't thing Reynolds would want to do it. I don't know why he would and I don't think anyone should want him to do it.

(If they do it's fine but you know, better with someone else even if you don't agree)

I think Reynolds genuinely loves the character.

I like Ryan. He's a very underrated actor. So, frankly, I wouldn't mind if WB kept him. Reynolds can orchestrate a far superior performance if the script is sharper.

I'm fine with keeping Reynolds. But if they drop him, they should go after Jason O'Mara.

Being that he's an actor, how can you tell?

from the scripts he chooses for comic book characters, I get the opposite feeling.

I believe he was barely aware of the character before he auditioned and the fact the film became a critical and box failure i kinda doubt his fondness has grown.

Deadpool though is actually a character he cares about...for some reason.

I'm thinking recast. I'd rather something completely unrelated.

Um, recast :funny:

No but seriously they need to do everything in their power to distance this project from the Green Lantern movie

Thank. you.

"He didn't do a bad job" isn't enough of an excuse for a company to tie one of their top 5 (maybe even top 3) best known characters to a horrible film project.

Completely agreed with Chewy and KangConquers, either recast or get John Stewart. There should be no ties between the Justice League & the Green Lantern movie

I see it working both ways: recast Green Lantern and use the momentum of JLA toe reboot his solo universe, or keep Ryan but revitalize Green Lantern by making him the most viscerally badass member of the league like the Hulk in the Avengers.

Last edited:
I see it working both ways: recast Green Lantern and use the momentum of JLA toe eboot his solo universe, or keep Ryan but revitalize Green Lantern by making him the most viscerally badass member of the league like the Hulk in the Avengers.

I say if this travesty of a film is to really happen, keep Reynolds.

I see it working both ways: recast Green Lantern and use the momentum of JLA toe eboot his solo universe, or keep Ryan but revitalize Green Lantern by making him the most viscerally badass member of the league like the Hulk in the Avengers.

Hulk and Banner were different in Avengers from what they were in the solo movies.

It was nothing less than a fresh start.

I vote to keep RR if it's going to be Hal. I thought he did well with what he was given. He'd bring some star power and provide the all-important continuity.

The one good thing the GL movie did do, not saying it was a bad movie just didn't make enouogh money, but the good thing is it introduced the concept of GL to the world.
Its like the Hulk movies. By the time Avengers came around the world knew who he was so they didn't have to explain too much in the Avengers.
When the JLA movie happens they wont have to explain too much about Hal. Also they can recast him like Banner. So its not necessarily a sequel, like Banner was in the Avengers. Hal should be played by a new guy.

I vote to keep RR if it's going to be Hal. I thought he did well with what he was given. He'd bring some star power and provide the all-important continuity.

Agreed. Some people forget that getting big name stars is needed but at the same time it is difficult to get stars like Will Smith to do a short role of John Stewart / Hal Jordan.

Who will replace Ryan Reynolds ? I don't think that Bradley Cooper is a better actor or has more star power than Reynolds, so keep Ryan Reynolds.

The one good thing the GL movie did do, not saying it was a bad movie just didn't make enough money, but the good thing is it introduced the concept of GL to the world.

You are right there, explaining GL Corps and its rings and their ability to create constructs is difficult, I am glad it was done in the GL movie, comparatively Flash and WW are easier to introduce.

Stick with Reynolds....easily.

Reynolds wasn't the problem with the GL film. The story and direction was not executed properly. WB's kind of rushed the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"