Justice League Re-cast Hal Jordan for JL movie? Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will go with Hal Jordan, as there are already enough characters who would be introduced for the first time as they had no solo movies leading up to JL, like Flash, WW and a new villain.

Getting Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan is advantageous as they need not waste any screen time to introduce the hero and in addition to that he is well known star in his own right, which saves the trouble of finding a suitable actor to do the part.

lets face it, Chris Pine which everybody names as their favorite for the part might not be interested in the role as he is already portraying another iconic character (Kirk) who is similar in nature to Hal.

I think maybe recast him, and get Reynolds to do Deadpool.

Am I the only one who doesn't want a Deadpool movie?

As fun as it might be, I still think it would be a bomb.

Deadpool could be a success if the got the guy who played Stifler in American Pie instead of Reynolds and embraced the R-rated material like Blade did.

Am I the only one who doesn't want a Deadpool movie?

As fun as it might be, I still think it would be a bomb.
A friend of mine can't wait to see it but i can care less. It could be entertaining but i still think it'll be horrible overall.

Yeah, I think they are overestimating the character's popularity, as well as his appeal. I'm not sure that Deadpool would translate as well to the big screen as some people seem to think he will (yeah, I know he was in Wolverine, but that appearance doesn't really count).

Deadpool is more of a short film character to me.

I'd say instead of recasting Hal, they should just go with a different Lantern for JL

The more violent comic characters aside from Blade have yet to really work well on the big screen (ala Punisher, Ghost Rider). I think they would have to get just the right tone to make it work. As for me I dont mind if they keep Reynolds, if he had a better script to work with in GL, his Hal could've been more likeable.

It was a bad script but I liked Reynolds. But if they do include Carol please replace Blake Lively.

What about Jensen Ackles for Hal Jordan?

cw-supernatural-prt-JAckles-a_000690-127dfe-325x434.jpg

It was a bad script but I liked Reynolds. But if they do include Carol please replace Blake Lively.
Yeah, I didn't like Blake Lively's take on Carol. I thought she was kind of dull in the movie.

I still maintain that Lively was fine; nothing spectacular but not nearly as bad as people on this board make her out to be. I think people just hated her because she happened to be Blake Lively.

I'd be totally fine with this.

Well, no, I wouldn't be, but that's because I don't expect the movie to be any good, and wish for Ackles to avoid it. In a good movie, he'd be a fine Hal Jordan.

I think he'll be pretty awesome too! He's got that cocky but charming lovable rogue thing down pat! Plus he plays a "man's man" pretty well on Supernatural.

And those qualities are essential for characters like Han Solo and Hal Jordan.

Recast obviously. Why would someone want Green Lantern's movie to be in continuity with this new universe? The only lead in should be Man Of Steel, with a recast Hal Jordan or John Stewart.

There is no advantage to keeping him. It just ties this movie with a box office failure, and ties it with a movie universally hated by comic book fans. Huge disadvantage.People bring up the argument of not needing to introduce Hals back story in JL if you recast Ryan. Well you wouldnt have to tell his origin if he was recast, it would still be Hal and Hals story has already been told. So no real advantage there, that point doesnt stand, because either if Hal is recast or Ryan comes back, the origin is already out of the way. I dont even think time should be spent on origins in this film anyways...........

There is no advantage to keeping him. It just ties this movie with a box office failure, and ties it with a movie universally hated by comic book fans. Huge disadvantage.People bring up the argument of not needing to introduce Hals back story in JL if you recast Ryan. Well you wouldnt have to tell his origin if he was recast, it would still be Hal and Hals story has already been told. So no real advantage there, that point doesnt stand, because either if Hal is recast or Ryan comes back, the origin is already out of the way. I dont even think time should be spent on origins in this film anyways...........

That's a pretty bold, and inaccurate, statement.

:thumbsup
Good choice.Also my choice.He can play the comedic,coccky play boy side of Hal well but at the same time exhibit a toughness and depth that makes you take the character seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"