Batman Begins Real Life Batman

lmfao.......well, we can only hope that we can make it that far.

BatScot said:
I'm not worried about that, I'm worried that someone will take this thread as an excuse to drag the discussion onto a second page ;)
Great post. And a rep.

If there was, he'd get bored as hell. No supervillains in real life! And even if there were, I doubt they'd be able to keep escaping mental insitutions!

Vigilantes most of the time work for greenpeace and up getting busted for somthing which had little or no dramatic effect or mercenaries (not Solid Snake although is'nt he more realistic a batman)
Also I think it's mentioned somewhere that Bruce only gets about three hours sleep a night it is possible but how can anyone keep up there red hod maximum pace all the time and not drop dead?

Mabee there could be Batmans working shifts but if you dressed up as a six foot bat then people are just gonna say "Hey look theres a man dressed up as batman" oh and the cape would seriously get in the way! plus some one could strangle you or pull you to the floor

How many billionaires do you know that have trained for twenty odd years to fight and detect crime and spend money on rope guns (They do exist) and gas bombs, staying up in the pissdown rain all night.
instead of being billionarres getting drunk on beer women and drugs and dodging the taxman whilst riding in helicopters?

It is possible. Would it be easy? Hell no. But it could be done. But I must ask: Why the hell does everyone think someone doing this would be caught and/or killed on their first night? The police are not infalible. Some cat burgalers and serial killers have gone years, sometimes even decades without ever being caught. I don't see why a vigilante would be any different. If the vigilante were a complete imcopitant, then yes, he or she would probably be caught rather quickly. But if this vigilante was actually inteligent, he or she could go without being caught. People have said before "if this guy leaves even a drop of DNA evidence, he's as good as caught". Yeah. But the thing is, even if the vigilante leaves DNA evidence, the police would still need to match it to someone to catch the person. And unless the vigilante leaves even bigger clues, they wouldn;t have much to go on. I mean, how could the rout one vigilante out of an entire city full of people, many of whome probably having a similar mentality? Sure, if the toys are hella expensive, then that would be something to go on. But, unless the cops got a good look at the weapons, they wouldn;t know how expensive they were. And really, one could cover their tracks in that regard if they're smart enough.

As for the suit. Pretend you're a criminal. You're in a gang. You and your friends have just robbed a liquor store, and are making off with the goods. As you walk through a dark alleyway, one of your friends drops whatever he's holding, clutches his neck, and then falls to the ground. You all slowly walk over to him. Suddenly, you see something above you. A large black mass that's very dificult to make out in the dark decending upon you. You and yout comrands move to draw your guns, but suddenly small sharp black metalic objects shoot out from the mass and lodge in your hads, causing you to drop your guns in pain. The black mass lands on one of your friends, and then quickly dispatches with your other compatriots, moving quickly through the shadows and taking them out with one or two hits. And the most you can make out of this thing in the dark is a bat like outline with slightly glowing, silvery eyes. Now, would you be thinking "oh, it's just some ******* in a suit", or would you be scared ****less?

WEll I think it is almost but not completely impossible, the thing is that in real life someone sees a man dressed as a bat they would laugh and if he has high tech toys its obvious that it is a guy with a lot of money, so in real life everyone would know thta bruce wayne is batman is obvious just do a little research and oh his parents were murdered in a dark alley by some thug, he's a millionare, he has all the reason to be batman, oh and he tries hard to look like an irresponsible rich boy getting drunk, hmmm. he's batman, of course i nthe comics and movies works but that's the fantasy element of it, in the real world how would he jump from one cargo container to the next without making noise. I mean the echo alone would giveup his location, plus no one could move that fast as to be like a shadow, oh and once he drops on thugs they woudn't fight him with bats or fists, they would just shoot him, firepower from like ten guys at the same time, that's alot of fire power, in the medieval times this could have work for many resons. supertisions,no fire weapons, more places to hide probably the woods, but today in the modern time its almost impossible,but well if he has the money to find the means and if he had the training, but mos timportantly the determination, maybe he could pull it off for a month or so, but then he eventually would be caught by the police FBI or shotdown by a criminal.

The thing is, Batman and whatever real vigilante who would choose to do this wouldn't advertise their high tech arsenal. And you really don't understand the importance of psychological warfare. Since most of what Batman does is outside at night, it's doubtful that any details as to his apearance would be noticible enough to the people he's fighting. He's probably, to them, look like a big shadowing figure in a bat like shape. Especially if he were moving quickly enough. And I have to ask, how would the police catch him within a month?

The Question said:
The thing is, Batman and whatever real vigilante who would choose to do this wouldn't advertise their high tech arsenal. And you really don't understand the importance of psychological warfare. Since most of what Batman does is outside at night, it's doubtful that any details as to his apearance would be noticible enough to the people he's fighting. He's probably, to them, look like a big shadowing figure in a bat like shape. Especially if he were moving quickly enough. And I have to ask, how would the police catch him within a month?

Well I do understand the importance of phsychological warfare the thing is that i nreal life his shadow movements wouldn't be as fast as you think believe me everyone in the real world we live in knows that someone that does what he does has to have some weaponry to climb and do the things he does, they know that a real giant bat wouldn't exist, so maybe the first time he appears everyone would be caught offguard, but then they will be ready and waiting for him to take him down, in the movies the bad guys are onto their bussiness and never thinking that batman could drop in any time.

In real life they would take notice and put people on guard and o n strategic points to shot him down, its like james bond, i nthe movies he suceeds because the villains talk too much before killing him and that gives him time to prepare a strategy and escape, they're like oh mr. bond how bold you are to come here, soon we will achieve world domination and bla bla bla, in the meantime bond gets some gadget out of his sleave and cuts himself loose and kills the villain, same goes for bats in real life ducard/Ra's al ghul would have kill bruce and make sure he was dead in the mansion, instead of living him under that log, in real life when you wanna kill someone you don't hesitate you kill him and that's that, in movies villains lose alot of chances to kill the good guy.

In real life thugs won't come with chains and knifes they would use automatics and blow batman's brains out, its harsh but its the truth.

I think if a real person wanted to scare criminals, the guy would have to make a suit that made him look like a real life monster. Kind of the way I tried to describe batman in the Batman real life rpg. The suit would have to literaly scare the crap out of people. Of course it would also have to function as protection, and he'd still have to have all the training, and be a genius, and a world class athelete, and not get caught by the FBI. So no I don't think he'd last very long.

People can be scared easily.......especially at night, and when they're nerves are on edge.

If the guy is smart enough to hide when he needs to...no reason for him to get shot that easily......which the armor is actually for.

Now, in the comics.....that's just ridiculous........the guy literally DODGES the bullets by standing there. That's not possible. But.....the way BEGINS did it, where you can't SEE him......that plausible. It's the only way he'd make it past the first night.

superkong 500 said:
Well I do understand the importance of phsychological warfare the thing is that i nreal life his shadow movements wouldn't be as fast as you think believe me everyone in the real world we live in knows that someone that does what he does has to have some weaponry to climb and do the things he does, they know that a real giant bat wouldn't exist, so maybe the first time he appears everyone would be caught offguard, but then they will be ready and waiting for him to take him down, in the movies the bad guys are onto their bussiness and never thinking that batman could drop in any time.

Some people are gullible and stupid. And some people would quickly jump on the idea that there is a giant demonic bat flying around.

superkong 500 said:
In real life they would take notice and put people on guard and o n strategic points to shot him down, its like james bond, i nthe movies he suceeds because the villains talk too much before killing him and that gives him time to prepare a strategy and escape, they're like oh mr. bond how bold you are to come here, soon we will achieve world domination and bla bla bla, in the meantime bond gets some gadget out of his sleave and cuts himself loose and kills the villain, same goes for bats in real life ducard/Ra's al ghul would have kill bruce and make sure he was dead in the mansion, instead of living him under that log, in real life when you wanna kill someone you don't hesitate you kill him and that's that, in movies villains lose alot of chances to kill the good guy.

So, you're saying that common street thugs would organize snipers to follow them everywhere they go? Are you serious? As for the killing the vigilante thing, of course they;d be trying to kill him. But that doesn't mean they'd succeed.

superkong 500 said:
In real life thugs won't come with chains and knifes they would use automatics and blow batman's brains out, its harsh but its the truth.

Not everyone can get their hands on automatic weapons. And really, unless you;re well trained, it's actualkly very dificult to hit something with a gun, and even harder to hit a moving target wearing all black at night. Sure, it is a posibility that a vigilante could get shot and killed. But it's not like it would happen five minutes into it.

So not really possible to be a Batman in the real world but we have learned that at best we can scare the crap out of someone at night for a laugh.

The Question said:
Some people are gullible and stupid. And some people would quickly jump on the idea that there is a giant demonic bat flying around.

So, you're saying that common street thugs would organize snipers to follow them everywhere they go? Are you serious? As for the killing the vigilante thing, of course they;d be trying to kill him. But that doesn't mean they'd succeed.

Not everyone can get their hands on automatic weapons. And really, unless you;re well trained, it's actualkly very dificult to hit something with a gun, and even harder to hit a moving target wearing all black at night. Sure, it is a posibility that a vigilante could get shot and killed. But it's not like it would happen five minutes into it.

Okay lets put it this way I didn't say they would put snipers,but you don't need that to hit him, and about getting automatics, how much do you know about the streets, honestly with the right connections you can buy M-16's on the street so thugs and more so organized crime can get their hands on any of this weapons,and for example in the movie bats hide the tumbler(batmobile) on a dark aley or whatever, but in real life someone will find it, there's so many things that are taken for granted in the movies, you know why? because they are movies, and even Nolan himself said that this is a fantasy taken to a level of plausibility and realism, imagine batman gliding over the city it would take just one or two guys to take him down with machine guns,as much as someone like him could exist because he can he wouldn't last much, the only way he could is if he killed
and if he himself had machine guns and/or explosives and blowed up thugs.

Then he could last much more, but then he wouldn't be batman. as for hitting something in the dark ,well soon or later they would wait for him and set a trap, as he arrives they would turn on huge lights, and then he's dead, you know you are thinking maybe that someone could sneek on peopel like he did in the movie, but that's not true, ask yourself how did he jump from one container to the next in the docks? without being heard, thats movie magic. in real life there there's no such thing, you can be the greatest ninja but you wont survive with your fist alone.

Someone like the punisher has much more chance of making it than batman.

superkong 500 said:
Okay lets put it this way I didn't say they would put snipers,but you don't need that to hit him, and about getting automatics, how much do you know about the streets, honestly with the right connections you can buy M-16's on the street so thugs and more so organized crime can get their hands on any of this weapons,

Fair point. What I'm saying is that not everyone's going to have M-16's, and most of them won't. Most would just ahve hand guns or knives.

superkong 500 said:
and for example in the movie bats hide the tumbler(batmobile) on a dark aley or whatever, but in real life someone will find it,

So? I wasn't talking about that.

superkong 500 said:
imagine batman gliding over the city it would take just one or two guys to take him down with machine guns,

And I wasn't talking about Batman glyding around.

superkong 500 said:
as much as someone like him could exist because he can he wouldn't last much, the only way he could is if he killed

Not necesairily. Him actually trying to kill people wouldn't give him any better chance of survival, and would only get him in worse trouble with the police.

superkong 500 said:
Then he could last much more, but then he wouldn't be batman. as for hitting something in the dark ,well soon or later they would wait for him and set a trap, as he arrives they would turn on huge lights, and then he's dead,

You do realize how bloody unlikely that is, right? How would they be able to tell what part of town he'd be in at any given time and set a trap like that? And how would they set a trap like that?

superkong 500 said:
you know you are thinking maybe that someone could sneek on peopel like he did in the movie, but that's not true, ask yourself how did he jump from one container to the next in the docks? without being heard, thats movie magic.

And I wasn't talking about him jumping from container to container without making any noise.

superkong 500 said:
in real life there there's no such thing, you can be the greatest ninja but you wont survive with your fist alone.

I still don't see how a vigilante would automatically be killed his first night out. I mean, really, why does everyone think that would happen? Sure, it would be a dangerous job, but they're just as likely to be succesful. It's as if everyone's assuming that the vigilante would be a complete dumbass, the cops on his case would be Sherlock Holmes, and the criminals he'd fight would be criminal masterminds.

Yup. Stupidty is rampant in today's world......so, yeah.....people would buy into it. Other's, like people who've never seen "it" would be the skeptics.

Plus.......who says street thugs even know HOW to shoot? How many criminals do you think has had ANY gun training to begin with? Most of them probably cock the gun to the side like on TV or BAD BOYS II (ugggg....) so most of them are probably crappy shots to begin with.

Yeah, I agree. Moving targets can't be easy to hit.....especially when they blend into the background and you have no training. He MIGHT get hit, if he's not smart enough to hide when he needs to......but that's why he would have to wear armor.

So not really possible to be a Batman in the real world but we have learned that at best we can scare the crap out of someone at night for a laugh.

Well......if your not out to fight crime....I think the one scared to crap would the dude trying it. Gotta be ready for the gunshots....the dude can't be scared or HE'LL be the one getting laughed at.

But yeah.....it'd be pretty funny to see a bunch of theives scared to crap shooting into the air and darkness wetting they're pants.....if your not afraind of POSSIBLY being hit or killed.

Okay lets put it this way I didn't say they would put snipers,but you don't need that to hit him, and about getting automatics, how much do you know about the streets, honestly with the right connections you can buy M-16's on the street so thugs and more so organized crime can get their hands on any of this weapons,and for example in the movie bats hide the tumbler(batmobile) on a dark aley or whatever, but in real life someone will find it, there's so many things that are taken for granted in the movies, you know why? because they are movies, and even Nolan himself said that this is a fantasy taken to a level of plausibility and realism, imagine batman gliding over the city it would take just one or two guys to take him down with machine guns,as much as someone like him could exist because he can he wouldn't last much, the only way he could is if he killed

Well.....why would Batman glide ABOVE the villian???? At no point did he do that in the film.

If the guy is smart enough to strategize his attacks.....he could make it without having to use a gun. He'd have to be heavily trained, like Special Ops type training innon-lethal moves.....which we all know exists.

I do think your giving these no-names criminals on the streets way too much credit, though. They'd all wet they're pants if they saw a guy in a cape "flying" around like Bats was.

Then he could last much more, but then he wouldn't be batman. as for hitting something in the dark ,well soon or later they would wait for him and set a trap, as he arrives they would turn on huge lights, and then he's dead, you know you are thinking maybe that someone could sneek on peopel like he did in the movie, but that's not true, ask yourself how did he jump from one container to the next in the docks? without being heard, thats movie magic. in real life there there's no such thing, you can be the greatest ninja but you wont survive with your fist alone.

Well, he doesn't use his fists alone. Mind, surroundings......plus, Batarangs!

Someone like the punisher has much more chance of making it than batman

Nah........HE'D be killed on the first day, that guy is a nut case. He goes head on into stuff....a "cowboy". I'd bet a vigilante who uses the "cloak and dagger" method would make it through more nights than a "guns blazing cowboy".

Fair point. What I'm saying is that not everyone's going to have M-16's, and most of them won't. Most would just ahve hand guns or knives

Yeah, good point. The streets can be dangerous.....but by no means are they an "Army".

and for example in the movie bats hide the tumbler(batmobile) on a dark aley or whatever, but in real life someone will find it,

So.....they find it. What are they going to do?

And I wasn't talking about him jumping from container to container without making any noise.

Well, remember......in the film he uses an "Advanced Infantry" suit. So, it'd like a suit soliders would use when on foot....it's MEANT to be silent so they can sneak up on enimies. The boots, the suit.....it's meant and built to not make much to any noise. Landing on beams with it should make it sound less to nothing with the right gear, assuming he even was landing ontop of containers.

I still don't see how a vigilante would automatically be killed his first night out. I mean, really, why does everyone think that would happen? Sure, it would be a dangerous job, but they're just as likely to be succesful. It's as if everyone's assuming that the vigilante would be a complete dumbass, the cops on his case would be Sherlock Holmes, and the criminals he'd fight would be criminal masterminds.

Agreed.

Cops and criminals.......it would take quite a while for them to catch a guy as smart, resourceful, quick, rich and well geared as Bruce Wayne. A guy like Bruce, with the money....and everything is really the only way the vigilante angle could EVER work in real life. Average joe, with no money and no gear or armor.......yeah, he'd be dead in 10 seconds because he doesn't fit the needed requirements.

Well, even an average joe could pull it off if they're smart enough. Most serial killers worj out of their basements, but some never get caught, or only get caught several decades later. I don't see why it can't be the same for a vigilante.

Okay even if he existed he won't last too long, I'll keep on saying it, even if he's super extremly well trained he would be caught, I mean seriously guys even if you don't have an M-16 or a AKA-47 or other weapon he wouldn't be able to escape a lot of gunfire, maybe once or twice but eventually he would get killed, besides do you think he could swing from buildings like he does i nthe comics or in the movies? of course not,all of thses things he does are exagerated reality, accepted guys he could exist but he wouldn't suceed.

superkong 500 said:
Okay even if he existed he won't last too long, I'll keep on saying it, even if he's super extremly well trained he would be caught, I mean seriously guys even if you don't have an M-16 or a AKA-47 or other weapon he wouldn't be able to escape a lot of gunfire, maybe once or twice but eventually he would get killed, besides do you think he could swing from buildings like he does i nthe comics or in the movies? of course not,all of thses things he does are exagerated reality, accepted guys he could exist but he wouldn't suceed.

Well, swinging Spider-Man style probably wouldn't happen, but using abgrappling hook to scale buildings, lower yourself to the ground, and swing across a large space is possible. I still don;t see why he would be caught imediately. And if he's wearing body armor, he'd probably survive.

The Question said:
Well, swinging Spider-Man style probably wouldn't happen, but using abgrappling hook to scale buildings, lower yourself to the ground, and swing across a large space is possible. I still don;t see why he would be caught imediately. And if he's wearing body armor, he'd probably survive.

You have a point about the swinging but the body armor is what's wrong, I don't know if it could be bullet proof and at the same time bend and be flexible, it could be of course but still,if he is tearing down the drug business crime lords will put a prize on his head and how long can he hide before being caught. and he wouldn't be able to do the things he does i nthe movies, for example how did he got falcone o nthe signal, and at the same time strap him to it, when he fought falcone's thugs why none of them had guns once he droped on them? in real life while he fights four of them a fifth one would take a gun and shot him where? in the face that's where, and even if it is in the body remember the suit isn't completely bullet proof at short range a bullet could go through it.

Fine. But I'm not talking about that scene from the movie. And if the mob put a price on his head, how the hell would they find him? They don't know who he is or where he lives. They could try and figure out his patrol rout, but if he's got any brains he'll have several routs which he'll pick at random each night. And, since we're saying what wouldn't work like it does in the movies, it's not like if a mob boss wants a guy dead, every nut job in the city will be after him. It dosn't work like that. The mob boss would use his own men to get the job done. And, if they have no way of finding the vigilante, they have no way of killing him. Cities are big places. How the hell do you think they'd find someone if they don't know his name, adress, or anything about him?

Question? Why would supervillians stay in the same city if the Batman keeps Busting them up. Just Move!

SupermanBeyond said:
Question? Why would supervillians stay in the same city if the Batman keeps Busting them up. Just Move!
Because there's some hero in nearly every city that could kick their ass. :o

Or they could all be like the Joker and have a big man-crush on Batman. :o:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"