Batman Begins Real Life Batman

Does anyone have a link to that Forbes (?) article that breaksdown how much it would cost to be a real-life Batman? It was pretty interesting.

I think it went around 3 million a year to be Batman. :confused:

Hey you know that scene in Tomb Raider 2 when they jump off the roof and have those flying squirrel flaps to glide on?

Is that $#!t real?

Ronny Shade said:
Hey you know that scene in Tomb Raider 2 when they jump off the roof and have those flying squirrel flaps to glide on?

Is that $#!t real?
Those are for reals,

well then that sorta thing could be used for the cape

Does any one think it's possible to even have a batmobile around in big city traffic?

Ronny Shade said:
well then that sorta thing could be used for the cape

How? That kind of thing slows you down compared to a freefall and gives a bit more control, but it's still way too fast to make a landing without a proper parachute. They were still falling really, really fast, and they'd never be able to land without a chute.

Here are a couple of articles about those wingsuits The second is a longer version of the first.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BFU/is_9_89/ai_111732927
http://www.popsci.com/popsci/aviationspace/c2cb5b4a1db84010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

15 years ago an idea like a winged suit was considered absolutely insane, and while you still cant land with one, it is a huge step in another direction. When technology and aviation and para physics evolves i am sure we will discover a way to accomplish what we are talking about.

There is always a way to do everything.

3 Million a year to BE Batman?

Let's see.....he'd have to use ATLEAST 50 (maybe more like 100?) suits a year, fuel the Tumbler......hmm......now, with the comics......the suits wouldn't be a big deal, but the tons of vehicles....yeah......I'd say 3 Mil is about right.

well seing as bruce is a billionaire!!!!! he could afford it
Also he makes money all the time with wane industries and having that much in the bank would probly get 3 mill a year in intrest so this wouldn't even be noticed by him

batadz said:
well seing as bruce is a billionaire!!!!! he could afford it
Also he makes money all the time with wane industries and having that much in the bank would probly get 3 mill a year in intrest so this wouldn't even be noticed by him

Yeah sure the Batman in question would not miss the money but after a few years it becomes noticeable. Making him easy to track if needed or at best a suspicious person who spends a large amount on undisclosed stuff. It is not easy to cover 3 mil a year on secret wars against crime.

MINT
so i was right about the three mill and him being able to afford it
what if he had it all in an offshore bank account with another name?
what if bribed the bank manager to keep it shtum?

Here's the deal with the training:

30,000 to learn how to fight from some tibeten monks?

Waste of money.

What Batman would do best with is military hand to hand combat training. The stuff is very practical, and is designed to be able to be learned very quickly. He would learn basic grappling techniques, pressure points, and overall how to fight smart. That's what an urban vigilante would need. And it would not cost 30,000 dollars to learn.

boywondernerdDC said:
first batman does exist and 2nd i agree with the question 30,000 is a waste

To us normal people, yes. For a billionaire however?

I was reading about the bystander effect and honestly believe if there was one man running around in a costume fighting crime, nobody would give a ****.

I´´ll put it this way. If a superhero could ever exist in the real world, it´d be Batman. Begins does a really good job, IMO, to show how you could get logic and emotionally believable explanations for all the major elements of the character: his motivations, his skills, his gadgets, etc. There are still significant problems, such as a police officer supporting a vigilante, which is an illegal activity, or how a single unarmed man can capture a dozen armed thugs at once, etc. The actual existence of the character would demand an incredible alignment of circumstances, such as the ones portrayed in the movie, animated series and various comics, and of course it would be an extra push to have all his villains exist as well, and in the same city, but there is enough suspension of disbelief in Batman for your inner child to believe that he COULD exist... and that he COULD be you... And that´s part of the reason why he´s such a popular character.

LostSon88 said:
To us normal people, yes. For a billionaire however?

He wouldn't want to spend his entire fortune, would he? Military hand to hand combat training is very effective and far more practical. And it would not cost 30,000 dollars.

ultimatefan said:
There are still significant problems, such as a police officer supporting a vigilante, which is an illegal activity,

Okay, here's something people say all the time. It's not exactly true. Being a vigilante, itself, is not illegal. However, many of the things that vigilantes tend to do are illegal. As in, The Punisher is an illegal vigilante due to his use of excesive and lethal force. Batman is an illegal vigilante because he engages in breaking and entering when gathering evidence, and has been known to torture, abuse, and otherwise harras suspects when looking for information. But, it is possible to be a legal vigilante. It just wouldn't be especially effective.

ultimatefan said:
or how a single unarmed man can capture a dozen armed thugs at once, etc.

Actually, I've figured out how that could work. First of all, Batman is not unnarmed. He just doesn't have any guns. It could work if he did it like this:

First, he wears body armor. The suit should pverall be very protective, bulletproof in vital areas, and have head, knee, elbow, and crotch protection. He uses a large, metal staff, and has a taser straped to his right hand (or whatever hand he tends tp punch with). He drops some flashbangs, and then atacks the thugs while they are disoriented. WIth the taser, he can deliver one punch knock outs, or at least make it so they're so stunned they really can't atack. And being hit by a big metal stick really hurts.

are we trying to convince each other here? or ourselves? Because I'm not sure anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"