Reasons outsourcing is bad

Oh, I thought this would be more philosophical in origin. That's not really a reason outsourcing is bad.

what does cables being cut have to do with outsourcing being bad?

what does cables being cut have to do with outsourcing being bad?

Imagine all your IT support staff is there...
Then the cable gets cut...
BAMN...your IT support staff is no longer able to connect at all to your network.....for 3 weeks...

BAMN...your IT support staff is no longer able to connect at all to your network.....for 3 weeks...

Well, accidents happen, imagine your IT staff was in the building next door, and it burned down. They just need better protection.

I guess only IT people would find this funny...

ok, got it now. yes, that would suck. but apparantly it's cheaper for companies to outsource so I think they will continue to do this until it gets too expensive.

80 gigs? I think that guy didnt know what he was talkin bout Willis..,
That submarine cable can roll terabits per second.
Anchor dropping cut it? Takes internet piracy to a whole new meaning.

The major concern that it does raise is one of security. All the IT and data networks in the world aren't worth a dime if you can't properly secure them. I'm sure that more than one terrorist organization just took note of how easy it is to take a good chunk of the world's IT services offline.

jag

The major concern that it does raise is one of security. All the IT and data networks in the world aren't worth a dime if you can't properly secure them. I'm sure that more than one terrorist organization just took note of how easy it is to take a good chunk of the world's IT services offline.

jag

Thats actually pretty terrifying.All the IT enabled /BPO's in India alone could destroy quite a few American based companies.

jag

Ding Ding Ding...
jaguarr gets the prize...

Man, think about...they just find the location...get a boat....and some scuba gear (depending on how deep) and just cuts it with an underwater chain saw.
Done!

Think about if they did that to about 10 high bandwidth links around the world at once.

Ding Ding Ding...

Man, think about...they just find the location...get a boat....and some scuba gear (depending on how deep) and just cuts it with an underwater chain saw.
Done!

Think about if they did that to about 10 high bandwidth links around the world at once.

It doesnt just handle broadband,a large portion of it is dedicated to telephone too.
Maybe NASSCOM would have to cough up all those intelectual property rights then.:woot:

Thats actually pretty terrifying.All the IT enabled /BPO's in India alone could destroy quite a few American based companies.

Ding Ding Ding...

Done!

It doesnt just handle broadband,a large portion of it is dedicated to telephone too.
Maybe NASSCOM would have to cough up all those intelectual property rights then.:woot:

BINGO! :up: ...or maybe :down is more appropriate.

jag

Aaaannnd the State Department and CIA both just put EdRyder on watchlists. :D

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterkocher
Back