Rebels Rebels Season 2: An Open Discussion - Part 1

So. What to expect from season 2! Well I'll start with the facts and then get onto what I want from it.

Well Filoni has already said in a previous interview with StarWars.com that Darth Vader will be a presence in Season 2 (albiet a fleeting one) and so will Ashoka Tano for the Rebels.

Don't expect Vader to fight the Rebels every week however and I'm quoting here "The Rebels are like Level 5 and Vader is like Level 50".

Ashoka will be coming and going to help the Lothal Rebels who will now seek to work with other Rebel Cells spread across the Galaxy and nearby systems to Lothal. Not just on Lothal all season then.

RUMORS: Jason Ward of MSW says that Sam Witwer will be voicing Emporer Palpatine in Season 2 and possibly in the opener.

What do I want from season 2?

Well seen as though it in Episode IV the Rebel Alliance is a new thing as it is described as "just won their first battle against the Empire" in stealing the plans for the Death Star then I don't want the Rebel Alliance to be too far developed. It will have to be a slow and difficult thing over a couple of seasons.

One thing I would love but I know shouldn't happen is Obi-Wan Kenobi making an appearance. Unless it was for a mission on Tattoine possibly involving the Hutt Crime Family or something. Making a grey haired Kenobi helps out ONCE and realises he is not as young as he used to be or something.

Well....RIP Asohka....unless she ain't.

Stupid Thread Manager

That was great, just great. Witwer is still on point as Maul. I loved his slow seduction of Ezra. And I love his new saber. Him jumping into action to fight the Inquisitors was great.

And I guess all the Inquisitors are disposable. I'm sad, I'm going to miss Sarah Michelle Gellar's Seventh Sister. Though, I have to say the new copter mode was super silly. But, it resulted in the perfect death for the new Inquisitor. But man, Maul was just brutal on the other ones.

And poor Kanan. Man, you knew Maul was going to turn on them, but blinding Kanan was nasty. Probably worse than taking a limb. Though, I loved it when he picked up the Jedi helmet. And was able to fight Maul. And a nice teaser of his new model for next season. I really like it. And nice tease for Ezra falling to the dark side.

The Vader/Ahsoka fight was great. I loved their initial conversation. And the final part was suitably Vader. I loved Vader's "Then you will die braver than most". And I love that Ahsoka opened part of the helmet at the end. I just have some serious doubts about whether she is actually dead. Way to ambigous for me.

Bring on Season 3. Off to watch it again.

Yeah that was an amazing well done finale. Probably the best episode in the Rebels series so far. I too did not care for the copter mode they would go into. But other than that superb. I really got teary eyed when you saw Anakin's face when half the helmet was destroyed. It just was so powerful to see Anakin so consumed by the Dark side.

What a cliffhanger too. I admit it makes you wonder about Ahsoka. Quite ambiguous. But a part of me thinks she may be gone.

I don't think they'll ever reveal what happened there. They were both pretty evenly matched unless Vader was pulling punches.

My thoughts....
I don't think she's dead. Watch the shot right after the little bird/owl thing flies through the clouds (after the shot of Vader limping away)... there's something very light colored moving in the middle of that tunnel. My wife thought the same thing.

Overall.. ho-lee wow. That was pretty intense.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I could very clearly see Ahsoka.

Anyway, it was obviously a really good episode.

Season two overall had higher highs than season one, but unfortunately it also had lower lows. Season one was a lot more consistent throughout, while I feel that season two had a lot of not so great filler in the middle.

First, she isn't dead.

But awesome episode, almost like a mini movie,.

Dave Filoni left Ahsoka's fate open-ended seeing that she's his favorite character.

They're going Force Unleashed, especially with what happened with Kanan.

Looks like Darth Maul will be the villain for the third season.

Darth Maul and Thrawn for season 3, with the possibility of a Revan cameo via Holocron?

Be still my heart.

Star Wars Rebels - Twilight of the Apprentice - Trivia Gallery
  • The conversation Ahsoka has with Rex at the start of the episode is a mirror of their very first conversation they had, as seen in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars feature.
  • It was the script to this episode that first established the naming convention for the Inquisitors, with Eighth Brother the first one named. Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother were then retroactively renamed at the start of the season, having been known only as Female Inquisitor and Male Inquisitors in the scripts.
  • Along the patterns inscripted on the base of the Malachor Sith temple is the ancient writing first designed by Ralph McQuarrie that was also seen on the Lothal Jedi temple.
  • During the development of this episode, Dave Filoni drew heavily from mythological depictions of the internal underworld, delineating specific levels of descent.
  • The petrified bodies that line the battlefield of Malachor were inspired by the impressions of figures left behind after the devastation of ancient Pompeii.
  • The ancient “claymore lightsaber” is a reference to the design made famous by Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens. The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary hinted at its inclusion by noting that Kylo’s weapon is based on an ancient design that dates back to the Great Scourge of Malachor.
  • The Eighth Brother Inquisitor is a Terrelian Jango Jumper, a species first seen in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
  • Although the final cut of Return of the Jedi has an eyebrow-less unhelmeted Darth Vader, to better read in animation, the animation model has the dark brow visible through the cracked helmet.
  • The first explorations of this story had a duel between Maul and Vader in the Second Act, but the evolution of the script and the realization that it was one duel too many spared Maul that confrontation.
  • In the original outline, the infernal machine at the heart of the Sith Temple actually completes its firing cycle. In the finished episode, the removal of the holocron cuts the cycle short.
  • In the unfinished “Crystal Crisis on Utapau” arc from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Yoda makes mention of ancient Sith superweapons powered by kyber crystals. The infernal machine of the Sith temple is a rare example of an intact one.
  • The original script had Maul say this about Malachor: “Palpatine brought me here when I was a boy. My Master had long studied the ancient dark arts, he sought out relics, and locations like this.”

This was a great episode. Maybe the best of the series.

This season has had ups and downs but it was delightful when it was on. And the character building was much appreciated. Season 3's gonna be great!

That was a phenomenal episode. Exceeded my expectations (and they were already high)

Absolutely loved what they did with Maul. My jaw dropped when he killed Seventh Sister. I have a feeling he will play a bigger role in Season 3

Asokha and Vader confrontation was everything. "A jedi does not seek revenge." "I am no jedi." :wow::wow::wow::wow:

Pretty obvious she ain't dead either. There was someone in the temple during the last shot.

One of the best episodes of the series, what an excellent finale. So ready for season 3.

If Ahsoka is alive and walking into the temple, either she's a Force ghost or she doesn't survive long. Deep down from the beginning, I knew Filoni wouldn't kill her off outright.

My question is - What purpose did Ahsoka served in the 2nd season overall?

As for Kanan, maybe they'll bring in Rahm Kota or the Miraluka to train him to fight and use the Force blind?!

"I need a lot more training." :awesome:

That was was the best episode of Star Wars animation imo. That was like seven season of TCW and Rebels culminating in nirvana. They actually made me an Ahsoka fan for a bit even.

I don't think they'll ever reveal what happened there. They were both pretty evenly matched unless Vader was pulling punches.
She kept up well, but Vader had her, rather easily imo. Seeing him move like that was a dream. Definitely in my top 5 duels. Best technique imo.

Maul lost to a [BLACKOUT]blind Kanan[/BLACKOUT]. :funny:

She kept up well, but Vader had her, rather easily imo. Seeing him move like that was a dream. Definitely in my top 5 duels. Best technique imo.

Maul lost to a [BLACKOUT]blind Kanan[/BLACKOUT]. :funny:

Were you annoyed that they depicted Vader battle damaged? You seemed pretty insistent last week that none of them should have been able to even graze his armour, but he wasn't exactly in tip top shape walking away from the whole thing. Does it strike you as going against the proper depiction? I imagine you're pretty happy that Ahsoka [BLACKOUT] isn't returning to the show. [/BLACKOUT]

Maul was curbstomped :o

Last edited:
Rebels Recon - Twilight of the Apprentice

Considering everything mentioned here ([BLACKOUT]new look for Ezra, push towards A New Hope[/BLACKOUT]) and what we saw in this episode ([BLACKOUT]Ezra losing his lightsaber[/BLACKOUT]), this rumor is gaining a bit more traction.

Glad you loved it Darth was waiting for you to come in here haha

Were you annoyed that they depicted Vader battle damaged? You seemed pretty insistent last week that none of them should have been able to even graze his armour, but he wasn't exactly in tip top shape walking away from the whole thing. Does it strike you as going against the proper depiction? I imagine you're pretty happy that Ahsoka [BLACKOUT] isn't returning to the show. [/BLACKOUT]

Maul was curbstomped :o
No, I think they handled it beautifully. Ahsoka used the distraction well. Plus it led to a great moment. I am not sure why he was limping after. My money is on the collapse and exposed helmet. The fight told a great story. I knew if anyone was going to give Vader a run, it would be Ahsoka. I don't expect the same for Maul if they ever fight. It is a shame we didn't see how it ended, but it worked so well I can't complain about anything really. I definitely don't want to.

He bossed the Inquisitors like they weren't anything and then fell... again. More like Darth Fall. :o

Glad you loved it Darth was waiting for you to come in here haha
I think I might need to marry it, I loved it so much. :o

Considering everything mentioned here ([BLACKOUT]new look for Ezra, push towards A New Hope[/BLACKOUT]) and what we saw in this episode ([BLACKOUT]Ezra losing his lightsaber[/BLACKOUT]), this rumor is gaining a bit more traction.
And the fanboys go wild. :funny:

Filoni's interview with IGN (here: http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/03/...ni-on-ahsokas-fate-mauls-return-and-much-more ) he mentions that the Empire sort of becomes less mystical and technological based as it becomes a bigger war machine. Seems like a pretty good time to introduce one of the biggest non-mystical SW villains ever.

He said he's got something big to announce at celebration....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"