Rebels Season 2: An Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Rebels' started by CommanderConnor, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvolo Registered

The only thing I disliked about this past episode was yoda. One if the worst visual designs in this show since the wookies.

2. Orba Registered

Teaser for the Maul episode.

Its the best version I have found (all the others seem to have been phone recordings off TVs)

[YT]k3SeGvDFEIA[/YT]

3. CommanderConnor Prophecised ******

Yoda has been trained by the Force Priestesses and Qui-Gon Jinn in the powers of the Netherworld or the Force. He has seen the future, which albeit is in motion, and knows that to provail certain things have to be done. Same with Obi-Wan. Both know they must stay in hiding until the time is right for Luke. If Yoda can help the Rebels achieve something in the meantime then he will try, but in the grand scheme of things.

4. Marvolo Registered

The Ghost Crew knowing Vader is Anakin and the Emperor is a Sith Lord doesnt help the Rebels. Vader would still be Vader and as powerful as ever. The knowledge of his identity in no way gives the Rebels an advantage. Same for the Emperor.

And as for telling the public, I doubt the knowledge would cause some shift in the populace. Vader would still be a scary SOB regardless of who he once was. And the Emperor wont appear any less powerful, intimidating, and frightening if the public finds out he is a Sith Lord. If anything it will make him even more intimidating to the people who know some stuff about Sith. The people who know nothing about the Sith will gain nothing from hearing that the Emperor is a Sith. It might get some to team up with the Rebels, but it could also make people think the rebellion is even more futile.

And we have to consider that Vader and Palpatinr have demonstrated that they will kill entire villages to hide the fact that the Emperor has force powers. And they hve shown that they arent against wiping out and/or enslaving entire populations and races. So the info that the Emperor is a Sith could cause more damage than good id it starts spreading amongst the general public.

And this says nothing of the Empire's wide spread and ever pervasive propaganda machine.

So Im not inclined to get mad at Ahsoka and Yoda for not recklessly telling people who and what Vader and the Emperor are. The situation is extremely delicate and Yoda and Obi are playing a long game. Ahsoka is just keeping her cards close to her chest. Eventually she may have to tell Kanan and Ezra the identity of Vader but for now its just not necessary.

5. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Also, it's not like the Sith are well known. Their empire was thousands of years ago and whatever is left of it is in obscure and potentially dangerous worlds in the Outer Rim like Moraband/Korriban, or Malachor. It's like if I said that the Pope followed the Cult of Saint Judas. Barely anyone would know what that is and it would be even harder to try and find out more to realise its significance.

6. Marvolo Registered

Description of the finale:

So Maul is planning to attack the Sith. What if the title "Twilight of the Apprentice" isnt just refereing to to Ezra... What if it is referring to Maul, Ezra, Ahsoka, and Vader. Maul was Sidious's apprentice. Vader is Sidious's apprentice. Ahsoka was Anakin's apprentice. And Ezra is Kanan's apprentice. Its like a convergence of apprentices that are all tide together in one way or another.

This episode seems to have a lot to cover in a single hour. Hope they can pull it off and don't rush anything.

7. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Sidious killed Maul's brother and mother, so I can see why he'd have a vested interest in seeing the Empire came crashing down beyond just typical Sith in fighting. I'd have to wonder if he still has Death Watch on his side, or some influence with the mandalorians. Last we saw in the Son of Dathomir comic he still had Saxon and Kast loyal to him, so perhaps they'll factor into whatever larger plan he has in addition to the Sith Holocrons he'll no doubt be after.

8. Hunter Rider Ronin

:mrk:

9. The Big G A Filthy Ningen

id pay all the money for a Maul Vader fight

10. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Hera full named Chopper!!!!

And Chopper totally killed that Imperial Captain. Or at least gave him some severe brain trauma.

11. Hunter Rider Ronin

I had no idea Jesse Ventura was going to be voicing a character on Rebels. :D It was also interesting that they had Ketsu appear again in such a low key role.

Nice use of the Temple of Doom music cue for the chase scene with Chopper evading the Stormies. :wowe:

12. GamerSlyRatchet Registered

So, the planet they thought was uninhabited later turned out to be full of Empire forces and described by AP-5 to be a trap.

Either the Empire moved fairly quick there or there's a mole among the Rebels.

13. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

This week's episode was one of the best supporting character-based episodes of the series so far.

14. Grommers King Grommers

Yeah, I enjoyed the episode too. It was nice to see a chopper centric episode and really give some depth to a character who can't speak.

The other thing I didn't realize was that Greg Weisman stepped down after season 1, and ironically I think the second season has had much better writing :/

15. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

After how they handled Fire Across the Galaxy, I think they can pull it off.

I so want a Vader v. Ahsoka, Maul, Kanan and Ezra scene. Vader bossing the entire crew and knocking a couple of them off would be a dream come true.

16. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Vader's strong, no doubt about it. But the Rebels have a Sith Lord of their own, so I think the battle will be far from one-sided. I could see it ending in something of a stalemate, with the Rebels scattered, Ezra going with Maul and Ahsoka as Vader's prisoner for whatever Sidious wants her for.

17. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Goddamn, that line at the end. I just cannot fathom any criticisms of James Earl Jones. I'm ready for this fight. I just hope it isn't the only one.

18. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Vader and the Emperor are on another level. A fight between Vader and any of this crew should pretty much go like the Emperor v. Maul and Savage.

And for what it is worth, I think Vader is definitely killing someone in this finale. Most likely Ashoka, but it could be someone else. They got away from Vader once this season. They can't be allowed to escape again without consequences.

19. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

We don't know that Maul hasn't grown more powerful in the 15 odd years he's had to roam the Galaxy. He'll be 50 when the crew of the Ghost encounter him again, that's five decades of Sith knowledge and dabbling with the dark side to increase his knowledge and power. I wouldn't underestimate him, I think he'll make Vader work for it.

20. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Maul can be a lot stronger. How he would be so, I am not sure, but say he is. He won't be on Vader's level. Vader is the naturally strongest Force wielder in the history of the GFFA, who at this point in his history is driven by pure rage. He is alive through a combination of tech and his hatred. I can't imagine Maul being anywhere near the Vader from Rebels, comics or books at this point. The recent material has focused on showing Vader's power and how it is only rivaled by the Emperor. Vader takes on Force users, entire armies and other threats by himself. He destroys them without much effort.

21. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

See, even if that's so, it doesn't really always matter. It didn't save him on Mustafar when fighting a more intelligent opponent and I'm not so certain that he'll have any more clarity in the coming duel. Couple that with another warrior with more skill than Vader's likely faced in a good decade....I don't see him walking away from the battle without a few wounds of his own.

22. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

The problem for Anakin was two fold. One, Obi-Wan knew how he fought as he taught him how to fight. Second he was conflicted. Padme being alive made him so. It is actually similar to what happened with Kylo in TFA. He thought [BLACKOUT]killing Han[/BLACKOUT] would make him stronger. He was wrong, it actually made him weaker as he become conflicted over his actions. Vader isn't conflicted here, nor will he be until Luke comes into his life. This is Vader at his darkest as Filoni himself said.

The only one with any potential to hurt him would probably be Ahsoka. Even still, don't see a mark be laid on his armor.

23. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

You may not have been aware that the new Canon stuff has been really building Vader up. They are pretty much saying "Screw you George Lucas, there is no way Vader is weaker than Anakin". If anything, they are making him stronger than Anakin.

At this point, I would be hesitant to call Maul a Sith Lord. After Sons of Dathomir, I think it may be reasonable for him to turn to his Dathomiri roots. Until we know more, there is a ton of speculation. But, I doubt he is a Sith.

24. Marvolo Registered

I'll be surprised if neither Maul nor Ahsoka hit Vader at least once. That wouldn't be compelling duels if one of the duelists can't be touched at all. Even an untrained Luke got a hit in, and less than a year later with no more training he dominated Vader thanks to his serenity and Vader's emotional instability.

Like we've talked about in the TFA threads, when it comes to the Force, the person's relationship with the Force and their own internal struggle or serenity can create some unexpected outcomes when one force wielder squares off with another.

#949 Marvolo, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  25. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

I've read Sons of Dathomir and I don't see any reason to believe he's no longer a Sith. Throughout the series he showed disdain for Count Dooku for being a "Sith Pretender" so I think that demonstrates that he at least views himself as a more legitimate Sith Lord. Him wanting to destroy Sidious as well, that's perfectly in keeping with the ways of the Sith. In fact it would almost be genius (though somewhat out of character) if Yoda deliberately set up Ezra as Maul's apprentice to provoke another Sith civil war to keep the heat off the twins.

Plus you have to look at the basic set up for the finale. He's on Malachor, a world deeply entrenched with Sith history, possibly living in an old Sith academy and in possession (judging from the images with Ezra) of at least one Sith Holocron. If anything I'd think Maul has fully embraced the Sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.