Sequels Recasted Iron Man Reintroduction Idea

Rylvan

Civilian
Reaction score
RDJ's only signed on for Avengers 2 and 3, he keeps asking for more and more money, he's getting older, and eventually he'll have to be replaced. So I just had an idea how they could handle the transition in the movies and introduce us to the new actor.

Avengers 3: In the final battle with Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. Tony gets killed by either the Time Gem (aged to death) or the Soul Gem (soul taken), and his body is damaged. After Thanos' defeat, there is celebration and mourning, and Tony is given a funeral.
Mid-Credits Scene: Before it's taken away, someone uses the Reality Gem to wish him back. Tony's body is restored, and the new Tony opens his eyes (maybe even gets up and asks for a drink).
Iron Man 4 could then open Phase 4 and deal with the repercussions of his resurrection.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
It's way to out there and far away from any source material and it's forcing an actor to mimic someone elses performance rather then coming up with there own interpetation. it's all to hokey for me anyway. if RDJ leaves it would be best to move on from tony stark

Crazy idea. But if RDJ left. Dominic Cooper would be awesome to play Tony.

I know he already played his father in First Avenger, but I think it could work.

they should keep rdj as long as possible and i hope he keeps on playing that role for more movies. other than that i think of a batman beyond scenario or he gets killed and a younger scientist takes his role and continous as iron man. or ...they just switch earth for future films...recast all of them if necessary but keep the characters we want to see...(its a lazy idea) and its so in the comics i think. another problem i see is ...we love the frequent characters because of the hired actors. maybe the avengers continues without any iron man at all.

They would have recasted him cause of his age anyways. its inevitable.
Although it will happen much sooner due to his GREED.

Marvel is done with him after Avengers 3.

He got 70 mil for Avengers 1 and he probably got more for A2 & 3. 200-250 mil for both probably.

So he can now go drown in a pool of dollars. A little respect to the fans didnt hurt anyone but RDJ didnt get the memo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"