Recasting Iron Fist

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
IMO, Joe Cole would be perfect in the role. Anyone ever seen him in A Prayer Before Dawn? Second choice is Christian Howard.

Lewis Tan. Made more of 4 minutes than Finn Jones could do in 20 episodes.

I would still love to see Harry Shum Jnr get the gig. He has the right mix of charm and action hero

According to scooper Daniel Richtman, Marvel Studios is developing a new Iron Fist project. The plan is supposedly for it to put the spotlight on a female lead and there's been at least some talk of this being an animated adaptation.

take this with a grain of salt but interesting to chat about anyway

I see the "M-She-U" folks jumped all over this. They claim to have seen the Netflix. nowMCU canon series, or did they drop out, where we left off with Colleen Wing along with Danny Rand having the Iron Fist. There is no need for retcon or origin story the character because the origin story is right there on Disney+ for all to see.

take this with a grain of salt but interesting to chat about anyway

My first thought is they’d shift focus to Colleen Wing. I think the series ended with both her and Danny having Iron Fist powers?

My first thought is they’d shift focus to Colleen Wing. I think the series ended with both her and Danny having Iron Fist powers?
They both did, with Collen Wing as "the" Iron Fist As I remember the fan reaction at the time while the second season was generally thought of as better than the first and Finn Jones appearance in the second season of Luke Cage getting okay reviews they wanted Netflix to go on with Colleen Wing when the series cancellations by Netflix started to be announced.

I think shifting the focus to Colleen could make sense for the contemporary MCU. I've seen a lot of fans say Colleen was the best part of the Iron Fist show, and Jessica Henwick specifically said she passed on a big role in Shang-Chi in favor of the Matrix because she felt that taking the Shang-Chi role would mean giving up on a return as Colleen. And when asked about Charlie Cox returning as Daredevil during interviews to promote Glass Onion she definitely sounded like she would be interested in returning at least, if not having potentially already had talks about it.

The rumor from Daniel RPK says the project may be animated, and there were also rumors of a female Iron Fist showing up in Eyes of Wakanda, so that could be an animated Iron Fist show set in a historical period with a character like Wu Ao-Shi, Fan Fei, or some other historical female Iron Fist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"